Lamar Jackson says he had zero meetings with Bills

7 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

He can play from the pocket though. They aren’t going to be too stubborn to meet with a   1st round QB. That is negligent. As thorough as they have been I find that impossible, not unlikely. Imagine if he shows up and gets off to a start like Watson or RG and they didn’t even meet with him? They would never subject themselves to that type of criticism. They can certainly pick someone else but they will be on the firing line if they didn’t do their due diligence. That isn’t something Beane and McDermott would do. They are thorough. 

Yep, that’s why there is something there.

That’s perfectly reasonable.

There are different opinions on each of the qbs. There are a lot of scouts that don’t think Jackson is a qb (I’m not making this up and it is not just Bill Polian). Watson was a much more polished qb from inside the pocket and he is a better communicator and smarter. 

But all that does not matter, it has been plain to see the Bills are not interested in Jackson. It is what it is. Maybe they are wrong for not going after him but I trust this regime and I see what they are trying to do. 

Jackson's going to be a Buffalo Bill. No other reason to not meet with him other than it being a smokescreen.

They want to keep as many picks as possible, they do not want to pay the heavy price to move up for one of the flawed "top" guys, so they pull a smokescreen on Lamar as a stopgap in hopes of keeping all of their high picks this year and still have next years #1.

1 minute ago, racketmaster said:

There are different opinions on each of the qbs. There are a lot of scouts that don’t think Jackson is a qb (I’m not making this up and it is not just Bill Polian). Watson was a much more polished qb from inside the pocket and he is a better communicator and smarter. 

But all that does not matter, it has been plain to see the Bills are not interested in Jackson. It is what it is. Maybe they are wrong for not going after him but I trust this regime and I see what they are trying to do. 

Not wrong for not taking him, wrong for not talking to him. That’s negligent. These guys wouldn’t do that. They absolutely carved out some time to talk to him and put him on the board. Maybe they crossed him off shortly thereafter but they aren’t going to make any assumptions without doing their due dilligence. They just don’t operate like that. There won’t be any self created blind spots. 

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

At the Combine, he said he had met with the Bills the evening before his presser

He might mean they didn't ask him in for a pre-draft visit or schedule a private workout?
Or he might have a different take on what "conversation" means?

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

At the Combine, he said he had met with the Bills the evening before his presser

He might mean they didn't ask him in for a pre-draft visit or schedule a private workout?

The easiest answer is that he thought  he meant other than the combine 

8 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

or, given his 13 wonderlic score, he doesn't even know what "conversation" means.

• Haha (+1) 1

Lamar Jackson steals show at NFL Combine, meets with Buffalo Bills

http://www.newyorkupstate...s_with_buffalo_bills.html

"When asked which teams he met with, the Buffalo Bills were the first team he mentioned. Jackson ran the Erhardt-Perkins offense at Louisville. That happens to be the same offense Bills offensive coordinator Brian Daboll is scholed in. Jackson is more than confident he can command that offense in the NFL, too."