If Beane trades up for Allen and passes on Rosen what's your reaction?

DJB

5 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

it's been coming for a while.  it wouldn't be them taking Allen, it would be losing my faith in them by shunning all known analytics and picking someone because they are BIG.  i'm fine with them taking Allen if that is all that's left.  if they traded up to 2 for instance to do it when there are better players available then i can't support a regime that so far out of touch.  it's fine, i think i'm too involved anyhow if something like that would affect me so negatively.  maybe i just need to take a step back.  like you said, we have been through much worse but i think at this point it's starting to take a toll.  i'd love for sundays to be something positive in my life once again like it was when i was a kid watching the 90's Bills.  those are some of my best memories.  hoping for the best!

Yeah dude, you are here a lot just like me.  Just enjoy it.  I have been watching them since the 1960s - so your 1990s tenure leaves you many years of suffering before you throw up your hands.  This management group knows what their doing.  Whether it is Allen they want or someone else (including Rosen, who I really don't want), they will have done their diligence.  We are allowed to be excited about whomever they pick until performance on the field proves them wrong.  No one knows who the right call is.

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, section122 said:

I also think Darnold will bust :lol::nana:  

I like Rosen and Mayfield.  Both have competitiveness that is important, production at a high level, and there knocks aren't play based.  Allen has accuracy concerns, Darnold has wind up and turnover concerns, Rudolph has arm concerns, Jackson has passing ability concerns.  Time will tell but I think this class was over hyped because it was supposed to be a great class moreso than it is a great class.  Add in that it appears to be a weak draft and I'm not surprised the qb angle was shoved down our throats.

Another fella ranked the qbs 1 - 6.  The only one I agreed with was Jackson at 5:P.  I am more of a gambler.  I do think Mayfield and Rosen right now are the best qbs, so I am guessing at plausible potential, right or wrong.

5 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Dont be offended, if you post on a discussion board, be prepared to discuss and defend your opinions. That's all.

I disagree that the differences are so obvious this year, especially when it comes to the science of picking/comparing QB prospects, which is very different from addressing other positions.

I'm not high on Allen either, and I personally like Rosen the most, but neither of us know nearly as much as the professionals. And this FO has nothing to do with the old regimes, and has earned the benefit of the doubt, imo.

Oh, i'm not offended and I'm fine to be part of the discussion, but I guess that's where our biggest difference is ... I think the difference it is obvious, and I agree with others that Allen has very high bust potential.  To me he's EJ ... a big strong armed guy who's going to put in the effort required to succeed off the field, but isn't consistent enough on the field to win in this league.  I could be wrong, but I don't always think the "pros" know more.  They have access to more information sure, but that doesn't always lead to the right choice.

• Thank you (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

done with the team, not kidding.  at the very least i'll take a 2-3 yr break until this administration is fired.  tomorrow might be my last day here

Tomorrow I might win the lottery.  You're not going anywhere.

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, DJB said:

Cry?

Scream ? 

Curl up in fetal position ? 

Opinions needed so Ill know what to do.

Edit: If anyone  throws their tv outside please record it so we can enjoy it here.

Thanks

You know, at this point as a Bills fan, I've lived through a fair bit of draft hideousness. 

I've lived through drafting Maybin instead of Orakpo; CJ Spiller instead of Pierre-Paul or even Alualu.

I've lived through Nix's sole significant draft contribution to the need for a QB being to neglect the position completely from 2010 to 2013, prating sententiously about how "if you wait to get a QB until you need one, you've waited too long" while drafting Aaron Williams ahead of Andy Dalton or Colin Kaepernick, TJ Graham ahead of Russell Wilson.

(Note that these weren't huge gambling picks, these were reasonable shots that could have been taken on the 2nd day of the draft.)

So what will I do?

1) I will try to suspend judgement and hope for the best, but inside me, I will lose a big whaling chunk of trust in the judgement of our shiny hoped-for Savior FO.  Because like many Bills fans, during the past 2 decades I have come to the reluctant conclusion that we have had many FO iterations where I could build a better draft board based upon the combined assessments of various draft pundits, than our FO(s) have actually done some years - this isn't something I've come to through hubris or over-confidence in my fan beliefs, but from years of saying "WTF?  Why did they do that?" and then seeing those doubts in our FO play out on the field.

2) I will do what all good Bills fans fall back eventually during these times of trial - I'll get the popcorn.

3) I will be ecstatic if my doubts about Allen turn out to be mistaken.

• Like (+1) 4

4 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Another fella ranked the qbs 1 - 6.  The only one I agreed with was Jackson at 5:P.  I am more of a gambler.  I do think Mayfield and Rosen right now are the best qbs, so I am guessing at plausible potential, right or wrong.

Yeah Mayfield and Rosen I think will be good.

Jackson, Darnold, and Rudolph I think could be good.

Allen I just don't see it.

That's how I have them tiered.  Just my personal rankings.  I would be okay with Allen at 12 or even if Rosen, Mayfield, and Darnold are gone.  I just wouldn't feel good about Allen over any of those 3.  It would feel same old Bills to me.  I'll give this regime the benefit of the doubt and hope they are right I just won't feel great about it if that makes sense.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, essential said:

Oh, i'm not offended and I'm fine to be part of the discussion, but I guess that's where our biggest difference is ... I think the difference it is obvious, and I agree with others that Allen has very high bust potential.  To me he's EJ ... a big strong armed guy who's going to put in the effort required to succeed off the field, but isn't consistent enough on the field to win in this league.  I could be wrong, but I don't always think the "pros" know more.  They have access to more information sure, but that doesn't always lead to the right choice.

Not to get to abstract or off topic, but there are only ~1500 players in the NFL. The majority of new prospects don't make it. There should be a higher success rate in the earlier rounds, but it's not a guarantee for any FO. My point is, betting against picks is easy money and we all look better than the pros using hindsight.

I would be shocked if they rank Allen over Rosen, but I would trust they had a reason (health, interviewed poorly, etc (info that we'll never have)). I'd put the FO on a very short leash, but I'd give them the benefit of the doubt for now.

1 hour ago, DJB said:

Cry?

Scream ? 

Curl up in fetal position ? 

Opinions needed so Ill know what to do.

Edit: If anyone  throws their tv outside please record it so we can enjoy it here.

Thanks

Yeeeeees !!!!! ??

1 hour ago, Gavin in Va Beach said:

I will trust the process.....

...and drink heavily

I will trust the process, but I will be pissed if Rosen goes to the Pats and extremely pissed if he goes to Miami.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, kdiggz said:

done with the team, not kidding.  at the very least i'll take a 2-3 yr break until this administration is fired.  tomorrow might be my last day here

Its in your blood you can never leave

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, kdiggz said:

I'm along that line too.  Especially if the Pats get Rosen.  Say hello to another 20 years like the last 20 where the pats beat us with a record 32-2

Rosen is the best to come out in years.  He is already the second best QB in the AFCE.

Drafting Rosen is like drafting a super bowl apperence

Edited by peterpan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2