Congratulations, Saquon Barkley!

2 minutes ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

Skin to skin is how you bond with a baby

Being present is how you bond with a baby. My wife baby sat an infant for her friend for over a year and we saw the girl intermittently after that for a few years and I would always notice how the girl was still comfortable with my wife. Haven't seen the girl for a few years but it would be interesting to see if there was a remaining bond.  

A little different, but related to skin to skin.  My twins were preemies,  in the preemie ward they encouraged what they called kangarooing - having the baby lie skin-skin on your chest under your shirt - aside from the all the other benefits it actually helped the babies by keeping their body temperature up without them having to expend so much energy to do it themselves.   The nurses in the ward all said between the two babies they had never seen anyone do as much kangarooing as me  :P  Even after they came home they still recommended to do it for a while until they got their weight up.  Those were literally some of the most special times in my life - lying on the couch kangarooing my kids

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, PaattMaann said:

not kidding at all...what in the hell is a skin to skin thing? thats a real thing for new parents? good god....hippies 

yes it's a real thing it's mostly for moms but dads do it too. look at The Rock with his brand new. He's doing the same thing. I dont have the body for it so I did skin to tank top lol

2 hours ago, PaattMaann said:

I am pretty sure I didn't look like the rock either in the OR.  However my wife had just had a baby pulled out of her and was being stitched back up.  Least I could do is take off my shirt. Lol. 

8 minutes ago, Blokestradamus said:

Again? Clingy.

please don't act like we didn't bond.  just don't.

7 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

Too damn young for having kids. Is he even married or this just a baby mama?

i would have been the absolute worst father if i had a kid at his age.  even at 40, i'm average at best.

5 minutes ago, teef said:

please don't act like we didn't bond.  just don't.

i would have been the absolute worst father if i had a kid at his age.  even at 40, i'm average at best.

Maybe he's different but young 20s and a parent. 99% of those who do it suck at it.

• Like (+1) 1