Tyler Dunne Has It Right

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

His point is exactly why I can't get with the "too many holes" crowd. 

There is absolutely no !@#$ing way they can use the above strategy. And, at some level the "right QB" is important to a lot of people. Can you imagine being the only team in the AFC East without a franchise QB by Thursday night. It will be soooooo. .........bad!

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

Man I liked all of those QB's coming out except 1 and it's the one we're going to pick lol

Only a fan of Wentz and Watson in past two years (and not so much that i'm mad about trading down given we got an instant top 10 cb and we undervalue those here given we have to STOP qbs in a passing league) ... Goff helped me win my fantasy league (so i'll admit i may have been wrong) but love 3/4 this year, so also hope it's not that (1) (although i'm in the minority who would be happy with Lamar too).

Edited by thurst44

9 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

For once I agree with you.  If the Bills don’t draft as QB high in the draft it’s going to be a huge meltdown in Buffalo

No joke.

For 15 years I have been in the camp of wait for a qb to come to you. Pick where you get and take who's there.

Not this year. I will lose it if they don't get one this year. 

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

His point is exactly why I can't get with the "too many holes" crowd. 

Problem is that the biggest hole that has put them in desperation mode is by their own hand.  How's that 3rd rounder for Tyrod looking right now?  I'm not a Tyrod is the answer type guy, but he was a hell of a lot better than who they've had at QB for nearly a decade before him, and he would have allowed the team to operate with a margin for error. 

People like to think this regime is different than in the past, and I hope that they are right, but they just made a similar mistake they made before drafting EJ

Just now, Ayjent said:

Problem is that the biggest hole that has put them in desperation mode is by their own hand.  How's that 3rd rounder for Tyrod looking right now?  I'm not a Tyrod is the answer type guy, but he was a hell of a lot better than who they've had at QB for nearly a decade before him, and he would have allowed the team to operate with a margin for error. 

People like to think this regime is different than in the past, and I hope that they are right, but they just made a similar mistake they made before drafting EJ

That tells me Beane is confident they have enough draft capital to get the guy they covet.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, Shotgunner said:

No joke.

For 15 years I have been in the camp of wait for a qb to come to you. Pick where you get and take who's there.

Not this year. I will lose it if they don't get one this year. 

Ha, same here. Most years I'm railing against the idea of taking a QB too high, but this year just feels different. I'm starting to (mostly internally) rail against those who don't want to take a QB.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Ayjent said:

I think AJM could end up being a wash with Tyrod as far as production.

This is a critical draft

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, horned dogs said:

There is absolutely no !@#$ing way they can use the above strategy. And, at some level the "right QB" is important to a lot of people. Can you imagine being the only team in the AFC East without a franchise QB by Thursday night. It will be soooooo. .........bad!

I'm in the get-your-QB camp this year, BUT, we will NOT know if any team save the Patriots have a franchise QB until (probably) a couple years from now :). 

• Like (+1) 1

I think you move up, get YOUR guy, and be done with it. I also think the Beane interview today was a smokescreen. I don't necessarily believe they will, but that is my thoughts on it. 

• Like (+1) 1