Tyler Dunne Has It Right

Just now, HappyDays said:

I would wager that less than half of the QBs he listed become known as franchise QBs. Kind of a weird tweet to put out when all their careers have just begun.

The point is you pull out the driver and take the big swing with every intention of hitting the fairway. 

• Like (+1) 1

I mostly agree with Ty Dunne's point.

But of the QBs he listed - Goff, Wentz, Trubisky, Watson, Mahomes, Prescott - the Bills only really had a legit chance at 3 - Watson, Mahomes and Prescott.

McDermott or Beane weren't here for Prescott, and Beane wasn't here for Mahomes, Watson. 

as for Rosen, Allen, Mayfield, Darnold... we don't know what type of shot we have at them yet.

If QBs go 1, 2, 3 (to the Browns, Giants, Jets) we may only have a legit shot at QB #4. If the Browns are unwilling to trade 4 and the Broncos take a QB at 5, then they are totally shut out and you can't really blame Beane too much for it. 

But I feel pretty confident that if Beane's QB(s) makes it past 3 they will be doing everything they can to move up to 4, 5, 6, 7 to grab him. 

• Like (+1) 2

There has been absolutely nothing out of OBD suggesting anything other than the Bills wanting a top QB prospect as a high priority and getting him in the lineup as fast as possible.

This is a nothing tweet, like most of them.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

I mostly agree with Ty Dunne's point.

But of the QBs he listed - Goff, Wentz, Trubisky, Watson, Mahomes, Prescott - the Bills only really had a legit chance at 3 - Watson, Mahomes and Prescott.

McDermott or Beane weren't here for Prescott, and Beane wasn't here for Mahomes, Watson. 

as for Rosen, Allen, Mayfield, Darnold... we don't know what type of shot we have at them yet.

If QBs go 1, 2, 3 (to the Browns, Giants, Jets) we may only have a legit shot at QB #4. If the Browns are unwilling to trade 4 and the Broncos take a QB at 5, then they are totally shut out and you can't really blame Beane too much for it. 

But I feel pretty confident that if Beane's QB(s) makes it past 3 they will be doing everything they can to move up to 4, 5, 6, 7 to grab him. 

Just playing devil's advocate, but:

(1) If the Eagles and Rams were able to trade up for Wentz and Goff, then I struggle to say that the Bills did not have a legit chance at them; and 

(2) If the Jets could get to #3 this year, then I struggle to say that the Bills did not have a legit shot at getting QB3 in this draft. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, H2o said:

I think you move up, get YOUR guy, and be done with it. I also think the Beane interview today was a smokescreen. I don't necessarily believe they will, but that is my thoughts on it. 

I am just torn over which way to go.  I know we need a QB, but which one?  The people on this board can't come to a consensus, the paid "professionals" can't come to a consensus.  Everyday they have Buffalo taking a different person.  I sure do hope they have a guy that they want, if they are not sure, then I would wait.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, CarolinaBillsFan said:

I am just torn over which way to go.  I know we need a QB, but which one?  The people on this board can't come to a consensus, the paid "professionals" can't come to a consensus.  Everyday they have Buffalo taking a different person.  I sure do hope they have a guy that they want, if they are not sure, then I would wait.

Get Mayfield or Rosen or Darnold even for that matter. Move up, get one of these 3, and be done. I don't want any parts of the other 3 guys listed as potential 1st Round picks. There hasn't been a consensus #1 guy since luck, just like previously mentioned. Mayfield is my guy. He is the one I want us to draft. I am good with Rosen as well. I think Darnold is better than any of the remaining guys. Make your move and get your guy. We shall see. 

11 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

The point is you pull out the driver and take the big swing with every intention of hitting the fairway. 

Then you walk into the woods where your ball landed spend 25minutes swearing your ass off only to be elated when you come out of the woods and found 3 more balls + the one you lost

11 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I think AJM could end up being a wash with Tyrod as far as production.

This is a critical draft

Statistical production passing - possibly.  Overall effectiveness I think Tyrod is a much better player, but we shall see since McCarron hasn't had a ton of opportunity.  At this point of their respective careers Tyrod is a much better player than McCarron.  I'm not saying that couldn't change with McCarron getting a little more experience, but chances are that McCarron is a downgrade at the Starting QB position from Tyrod.  Tyrod's ability to be able to run and run plays that create headaches for defenses are something that McCarron won't be able to provide.  He will have to be a significantly better passer and equally as good at limiting turnovers to be better than Tyrod. 

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

Maybe not....but I do think he is spot on.

He in his own admission says they need  franchise QB....we just traded away our starter.

The pressure is definately on him.

The point is, does anyone really think McBeane can be influenced by public opinion on the matter? That they don't already know all there is to know about the need for a QB? If McBeane ends up getting their targeted QB, will media and fans congratulate themselves for convincing McBeane to do what was necessary? As though it couldn't have been done without their influence? 

I'm looking forward to the inevitable meltdowns by the media and fans if they decide McBeane gave up too much in the process, though.