Beane cost us the 3rd overall pick. JMO

8 minutes ago, CuddyDark said:

How do you know? A feeling you have?

Pretty funny that you would ask such questions, when your original post is based upon nothing but speculation.

1 minute ago, racketmaster said:

Once the draft is over, there will be time to evaluate how Beane did in his first draft. 

No.  Fire him now!

39 minutes ago, CuddyDark said:

Something I've been thinking. Bills fell asleep at the wheel. Why do I say this? Everyone said Colts didn't want to trade out of the top 10. I believed this also, but the more I see mock drafts and hear the Colts GM saying he's not apposed to moving down the more I think Beane overplayed his hand for the 3rd pick. Beane probably tried to haggle and they said, screw you and took a deal with the Jets.

Now here's the hard part.

I believe if Whaley is the GM we have the 3rd overall pick today and everyone is projecting we get Darnold or Rosen. It's sickening. Whaley would have given up "too much" but we'd be in a better position. JMO.

Whaley would have traded everything for a higher pick, then ignored all the top QB talent and reached for a middling QB with the "it" factor and screwed us for years to come.

We know this because it has already happened.

End of thread.  (drops mic)

5 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

Are you listening?  The Bills didn't have a way to trade to 3.  The Colts GM said he wanted to stay in the top 10.   The Bills didn't have a way to give the Colts a pick in the top 10.   All they had was 21 and 22. 

What was Beane supposed to do?   Try to convince the Colts that 21 and 22 was the same as a top 10 pick?    

And with some teams only identifying 15 first rounders and lots of depth in round 2, 21 and 22 were not worth that much. Every year is different, sometimes there is pro bowl projected talent in the 20's, this year there isn't.

Also, we could still get Rosen, maybe at 12.

Edited by MURPHD6

10 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

Are you listening?  The Bills didn't have a way to trade to 3.  The Colts GM said he wanted to stay in the top 10.   The Bills didn't have a way to give the Colts a pick in the top 10.   All they had was 21 and 22. 

What was Beane supposed to do?   Try to convince the Colts that 21 and 22 was the same as a top 10 pick?    

100% this. I don't believe i've ever seen so much overreaction to a draft pick before it's happened as this year. 

There are several busts just waiting to happen in this QB class, with no guarantees on any of them developing.  I like that we have 12 and 22.  This team has so many other holes to fill than just QB.  Whaley certainly would have sold the farm and then drafted anther EJ Manuel.  Not every Hall of Famer comes from the first round, or even the top 10 picks.  Ahhemm...  ever heard of a guy called Jim Kelly?

I really hope they don't move up.  There are plenty to have at 12.

52 minutes ago, CuddyDark said:

Something I've been thinking. Bills fell asleep at the wheel. Why do I say this? Everyone said Colts didn't want to trade out of the top 10. I believed this also, but the more I see mock drafts and hear the Colts GM saying he's not apposed to moving down the more I think Beane overplayed his hand for the 3rd pick. Beane probably tried to haggle and they said, screw you and took a deal with the Jets.

I believe if Whaley is the GM we have the 3rd overall pick today and everyone is projecting we get Darnold or Rosen. It's sickening. Whaley would have given up "too much" but we'd be in a better position. JMO.

Brass Balls Beane deserves to be on the wall of fame for what he’s done here already.

Chill out. Give the man a chance on Thursday night damn.

15 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

In fairness, the Bills had the 12th and 22nd pick (since the Glenn trade came before the Jets swap). But it did seem like the Colts were more interested in dropping just a few slots as opposed to dropping outside the top 10. 

IMO  The OP is overthinking things here. It’s just a “feeling“ like everyone else’s feelings and opinions about this draft. Everybody is talking to everybody! Let’s just see what happens. Because whatever happens,  some of us will feel good about it and some of us are going to hate it.

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, CuddyDark said:

Jets trade seems like a backup plan they had if the Bills tried to stick to the trade chart or lowball their offer.

Jets trade was a low risk move of essentially 2 spots ( Jets taking QB obviously) for 3 second round picks. 6 th pick is much better than 12th pick in the draft order. It's a better deal, plain and simple. Is this stuff really that hard to understand? Is it a fail on Beane that the Colts took the better picks? 

57 minutes ago, CuddyDark said:

Whaley was the worst GM that I have ever seen at evaluating QB's. I don't blame The Bean at all for not being able to get the 3rd rd pick. 

49 minutes ago, CuddyDark said:

Nearly the same as the Bills.

If they traded to 3? The 3rd QB is probably a lot better than the 5th, or sixth.

Much worse than the Bills...they drafted at least 4(3 of them in high rounds) and none have worked out