Beane cost us the 3rd overall pick. JMO

35 minutes ago, CuddyDark said:

Was never angry. Point of view is not angry. People can disagree with you or have a differing view without being angry.

i hear ya, but when you bring whaley in the conversation in regards to someone who would have done it right, it just seems off.  angry/off/misdirected...you can choose.

3 hours ago, CuddyDark said:

Something I've been thinking. Bills fell asleep at the wheel. Why do I say this? Everyone said Colts didn't want to trade out of the top 10. I believed this also, but the more I see mock drafts and hear the Colts GM saying he's not apposed to moving down the more I think Beane overplayed his hand for the 3rd pick. Beane probably tried to haggle and they said, screw you and took a deal with the Jets.

Now here's the hard part.

I believe if Whaley is the GM we have the 3rd overall pick today and everyone is projecting we get Darnold or Rosen. It's sickening. Whaley would have given up "too much" but we'd be in a better position. JMO.

If Whaley is the GM, we are hearing how Tyrod is still growing as a QB and we trade up to select a WR.

2 hours ago, CuddyDark said:

That's not the point though. What if we have a passive, "wait and see GM" who gets scooped again? What if Rosen is falling and the Pats or Cards trade to 9 and the Bills don't?

The Bills were aggressive last draft, making Three trades early; targeting the players they wanted. Passive is not who they are

Holy OP, is it really that hard to understand that people sometimes change their mind?  Initially they did not want to trade back too far, now, after some consideration they're open to another trade back - for the right price (read:  a ton of assets).

https://www.wthr.com/article/kravitz-blog-colts-ballard-is-willing-to-trade-back-again-—-if-the-price-is-right

"When Ballard made the deal with the New York Jets to trade down from No. 3 to No. 6 and acquire three additional second-round picks (two this season and one next season), he believed it was unlikely the Colts would continue to trade back, having identified a limited number of game-altering prospects. But now, after working through the process, here was Ballard on Friday saying the Colts believe there are eight players (non-quarterbacks) worth his team’s attention."

:beer:

Something I've been thinking. Bills fell asleep at the wheel. Why do I say this? Everyone said Colts didn't want to trade out of the top 10. I believed this also, but the more I see mock drafts and hear the Colts GM saying he's not apposed to moving down the more I think Beane overplayed his hand for the 3rd pick. Beane probably tried to haggle and they said, screw you and took a deal with the Jets.

I believe if Whaley is the GM we have the 3rd overall pick today and everyone is projecting we get Darnold or Rosen. It's sickening. Whaley would have given up "too much" but we'd be in a better position. JMO.

I believe magic unicorns live in my butt.

Reach much? Beane didn't screw up IMO.

1 hour ago, teef said:

i hear ya, but when you bring whaley in the conversation in regards to someone who would have done it right, it just seems off.  angry/off/misdirected...you can choose.

I only added Whaley because he actually pulled off a trade up. Though he, "overpaid."

9 minutes ago, CuddyDark said:

I only added Whaley because he actually pulled off a trade up. Though he, "overpaid."

got ya.  i'm not sure comparing these drafts are apples to apples.  this year is one of the most unique draft years i can remember in ages.

11 minutes ago, Logic said:

Can't wait for the draft to happen and put us out of this "horrible takes" misery that we're all wallowing in with posts like these. Yeesh.

you can only hope buffalobud420 is on.  he'll have the most amazing hot takes.