Josh Rosen most likely to fall out of top 10 due to injuries

1 hour ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

I call BS, wasn't Sam bradford taken 1/1 with a season ending injury? If he is being touted as a better prospect I see this as a GM trying to get a huge bargain.

And Bradford continues to get paid, although he rarely plays. If NFL teams can’t see it with a guy already in the pros, why are they going to knock a talented rookie down very far because of injury worries? 

14 minutes ago, metzelaars_lives said:

Sure.

What has he done that makes you think he's going to be great? He can throw the ball 80 yards? So what? He misses - literally - half of his passes to the flat. What have you seen out of Josh Allen that makes you think he's a potential franchise QB? 

1 hour ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I've said all along Rosen's injury history and somewhat frail nature will be his greatest hurdle. We would literally have to spend the rest of the draft on olineman. And trust me when I say he has the least mobility of this entire class....

I know.  I'm in SoCal.   I've seen a lot of him and  Darnold.  It's why I like their games, but I'm not in love with either of them.  And I agree, if he's their guy, whatever picks are left draft offensive linemen heavy or we will be screwed.  

FWIW, we talked to five draft analysts within the last week or so and asked about Rosen. Here is what we got -- some of his health, some of his ability to handle pressure, some on his personality. It really is an interesting issue. Some of it is probably nit-picking. But there is risk-reward in all these guys ... 

Here's Mike Mayock onr Rosen: "The problem I have with him is there is a durability issue. The shoulder issue in '16, two concussions in '17, and when you combine that with an inability to escape from the pocket, I'm concerned. I'm concerned whether or not he can play enough games to make a significant dent in the NFL. So I love his talent, but I'm very worried about his ability to survive."

(BTW, this is a free link): 

http://buffalonews.com/2018/04/22/5-nfl-draft-analysts-weigh-in-on-the-josh-rosen-dilemma/

1 hour ago, BillsFan4 said:

Rosen is more mobile than he is given credit for. He's not a mobile QB by any means, but he is not a statue either. 

He is also very good at moving inside the pocket and will only get better. 

I believe the NFL also has more rules in place to protect QBs than college does. 

Remember, Mayfield also had 2 concussions in college and they were a direct result of the way he plays.

Like you said, build a good o line around Rosen and you limit that risk (which, as you also said, will have to be a priority). 

Where as with Mayfield's style of play, as with many mobile QBs who like to play outside the pocket, it will be hard to just build a good o line around them to limit injury risk.

We seen young 2 mobile QBs (who are just at the start of their careers) go down with injury just this season alone - Wentz and Watson. 

I am not saying that Rosen's injuries are not a concern. They are. Just not enough to scare me off. I see just as much, or more, injury risk in QBs like Mayfield, Jackson etc due to their play styles. 

If Rosen is their guy they should feel good about taking him.  He's talented.  I'm not saying he's a statue, but movement is not his game.  He is definitely a pocket passer and he isn't a big guy Like Allen.  If he was Bills WB last season he would have had another concussion.

The mobile guys are at risk too, no doubt, but they will avoid trouble Rosen won't be able to.

JMO, but If you don't have an O-line, don't bother... Rosen's got a bum-shoulder, a dodgy leg, and a concussion history... I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up playing pro tennis...     -A sport he excels at, and seems BUILT for...

So teams like the Broncos and Colts are saying they are willing to trade out...

All of a sudden Rosen is going to drop because of injuries??

Josh Allen MISSED TIME THIS YEAR WITH A SHOULDER INJURY. Also has broken the same collar bone TWICE.

Baker Mayfield has had concussion issues and injury history dating back to Texas Tech.

Let's be honest here, either teams like the Cards, Chargers, Saints, Pats, etc... are hoping to persuade other teams to not feel like they need to trade up.

Or they dont like the kids personality and are making it behind injury history.

Edited by BillsFan17

The health thing has been my main concern with Rosen all along...It can't be ignored...It's absolutely the biggest issue with him...

That being said the thought of being able to stay put and Draft Rosen at #12...while keeping all those other picks...Well...That is a really nice thought...B-)

2 hours ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

I call BS, wasn't Sam bradford taken 1/1 with a season ending injury? If he is being touted as a better prospect I see this as a GM trying to get a huge bargain.

Yeah. That worked out well. 

1 hour ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Awesome. Let him fall to 12

Why?

1 hour ago, Boatdrinks said:

Why are you here? 

I am thankful for your contributions to the board and look forward to more of your profound contributions. 

8 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Yeah. That worked out well. 

Why?

I am thankful for your contributions to the board and look forward to more of your profound contributions. 

Okay, but that question was asked of a poster other than yourself. It was a real question. Curious why someone would follow / post on a fan message board if they found draft discussion " unbearable". 

9 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

Rosen has a body made for the UCLA math team, not the NFL.  The idea of him as Bills QB scares the hell out of me.

I see this guy being broken in half sooner rather than later.  

usa_today_10500139.0.jpg

5a43e957eb8b83dca2556796?ops=maxcontain(

usa_today_10422656.0.jpg

Pizza and wings, we can get him ready! 

The concussions actually bother me more than the “physical” concerns. 

2 hours ago, Domdab99 said:

What has he done that makes you think he's going to be great? He can throw the ball 80 yards? So what? He misses - literally - half of his passes to the flat. What have you seen out of Josh Allen that makes you think he's a potential franchise QB? 

Please find the thread I started about Josh Allen.  For one, he was really good in 2016.  I know way more about Josh Allen than you.  So do these guys (see below).  Also, his completion % is like 57% and he throws the ball downfield A TON but he misses "literally half his passes in the flat?"  You need to look up the word "literally" in the dictionary.

Edited by metzelaars_lives