Sirius XM question

No 6 months or a year free to see if you like it?

We've updated online, and in the vehicle on the fly. Last I looked (2 weeks ago) we had three different package choices. We pay per year. We have had it end as they have not auto-renewed for us, and that is when the renewal in the vehicle on the fly has happened.

Edited by Buffalo_Gal

4 minutes ago, mead107 said:

On yearly plan 

Same here...

Check with your dealer.   They probably can get you a trial promotion for 3-6 months, especially if it's a new car.

Edited by Lurker

As noted earlier in thread, you should get at least a 3 month trial period. You may need to give a credit card for the trial, so either use a Visa gift card with no money on it, or remember to cancel if you don't like it. 

Full disclosure - Sirius subscriber since Christmas 2002. 

I've had it since it's inception, can't listen to radio in the car w/o it. My new car came w/ 6 mos free (Subaru), no CC needed for the trial period, but I had to let them know I was already a subscriber and was credited the 6 mos to my account. I believe we have the yearly plan too, saves a small amount of coin. 

I had it for three months when I got a new car a year ago. I didn’t use it enough to justify paying to keep it going. I still get email a few times a week from them telling me about a great offer.  The offer involves a low introductory rate followed by automatic renewal at full price unless I remember to call and cancel. I don’t want to go down that path. 

First 3 months will be free. Then they'll call and harass you to subscribe. They say it's 15 dollars a month, but they always give you 6 months for 25 dollars. I had it for about a year and canceled. It's good, but the music channels tend to play the same stuff over and over and it gets boring. I did very much enjoy the comedy channels. I've been thinking about subscribing again for the comedy channels 

3 hours ago, Doc said:

Yeah, do what steptide says.  And the day before renewing at the full rate, say you want the same deal (5 for $25 is what I get) or you'll cancel.  Always works.

Yeah, I was even told at the dealer not to just renew it, but to wait til they call you about renewing and tell them your not sure and would need to think about it. Play it out a bit and you will get it much cheaper

7 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

Yeah, I was even told at the dealer not to just renew it, but to wait til they call you about renewing and tell them your not sure and would need to think about it. Play it out a bit and you will get it much cheaper

Yeah, the dealer also told me to do that.

1 hour ago, Nervous Guy said:

yep...much easier than the DTV dance.

Never had DTV, but I'd imagine that would be harder.

certain people will tell you have they managed to get everything free, while it sometimes is true it usually is not quite true, their stories get better every time i hear them....

we each have our gifts for ability to eke out something weasily

calling up people like this and lying and getting a discount isn't mine, but i have some who are true whisperers at this

2 hours ago, teef said:

i have a subscription now, and just got 6 months free in my new car.  does anyone know how this works?  do i just contact sirius and they comp me 6 months?

Dont know. Maybe they’ll tack it on the end of your subscription?

I thought 6 month's were free.  That was on my Toyota.  On my BMW it was a year.  I know it was more than 3 months, 3 months sounds low.  Don't have to piss or get off the till then... Or at least a month before.

$21/month sounds high. I got two radios and two cars, the BMW is yearly and separate.  First bill is like 30 something (w/internet radio too).  The yearly is like a 100 and a half or something??  I gotta look, that renews in July.

2 hours ago, teef said:

i have a subscription now, and just got 6 months free in my new car.  does anyone know how this works?  do i just contact sirius and they comp me 6 months?

My is tacked to one account.  But I pay one yearly.  Not sure how that happened, but it seems I am not geeting screwed.  Monthly bill is less and I just yearly the BMW.

Bastages... I did get year free, but some they are working me over. :lol:

BTW... I'd rather deal with the DMV than deal with Sirius customer support.  As long as radios are getting signals, I am happy.  I have been a Sirius subscriber since 2003, the Drew Bledsoe days... Had it in all my cars built in since 2006.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

3 hours ago, row_33 said:

certain people will tell you have they managed to get everything free, while it sometimes is true it usually is not quite true, their stories get better every time i hear them....

we each have our gifts for ability to eke out something weasily

calling up people like this and lying and getting a discount isn't mine, but i have some who are true whisperers at this

There’s nothing weasley about it. Any deal is about what you’re willing to accept or walk away from.  I’m willing  to pay just five dollars a month for the service. If they lose me, that’s five dollars a month they’re still not getting. And if I don’t have it, it doesn’t really affect my life. 

• Like (+1) 2