Elway Open to a Deal for the #5 Pick; Broncos' Board Finalized Later Today

2 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

Just get to 5 now and then worry about the rest later. We can't have the Jets part II happen!

Teams at the top can sell high right now. 

If you want to get ripped off, make a deal with the Browns or Broncos today. 

If their targeted players are off the board, they are more inclined to deal, and will not demand a kings ransom. 

• Like (+1) 1

I think 5 could be a nice bridge to go higher...and it will up the ante for any team wanting to get ahead of the Bills because fewer spots are available.  I would think that it would make it extremely difficult for several teams who want QBs to move up.

3 minutes ago, TheElectricCompany said:

Teams at the top can sell high right now. 

If you want to get ripped off, make a deal with the Browns or Broncos today. 

If their targeted players are off the board, they are more inclined to deal, and will not demand a kings ransom. 

And if another team gets to 5 before us, we are officially SCREWED - Game Over

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, kdiggz said:

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

i'd rather trade here than 2.  if their choices at 2 are Darnold or Allen i'd rather they sit back and keep their picks and choose between Allen or Rosen at 5.  there's no way Darnold is worth all of those extra picks over those 2 guys

My view as well.

46 minutes ago, Pete said:

of course he is.  Christ almighty- if someone wanted to trade me 12, 22, 53, 56, and next years 1st- I don't care if Aaron Rogers is in draft- give me the picks and watch my team destroy yours the next 5 years

SO you are assuming those picks will have a 100% success rate. 

And you can take all those picks, ill take Rodgers, you may win the 1 game, but i can guarnatee my team will be better than yours in 3 to 5 to 7 years from now, and yours will be in the same position deciding who to sign, and if you should move up to take a QB.

What you are doing is called middling, and it is the worst thing any sports franchise can do. You aren't good enough to win and be a Superbowl contender, you aren't bad enough to get the top overall talent. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

I'm leaning toward this thinking. I'm not at all sure Giants will trade down and pretty sure not all the way to #12. I also don't think Cleveland will move from #4 to #12. That could mean it's #5 or we stay put where we are . Now that's assuming they like all four quarterbacks. If they are interested in just say two then they probably wait until Denver is up . 

Edited by Radar

7 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

Let some other team panic. If the Bills don't like the QBs available, don't make the deal. 

It wouldn't be reasonable to assume the Bills like the top 4 QBs equally. It has been proved that teams have wildly draft boards. 

Edited by TheElectricCompany

19 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

Just get to 5 now and then worry about the rest later. We can't have the Jets part II happen!

I don’t agree. unless you are moving up to 2.  Move to 5 needs to happen AFTER you see who is off the board.  While we are all sitting here thinking one out of any of the top 4 are good, I strongly belive they have one or two guys targeted as move up worthy based on valuations. 

Irrational moved get GMs fired.  

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

1 minute ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I don’t agree. unless you are moving up to 2.  Move to 5 needs to happen AFTER you see who is off the board 

Might be too late. That's the issue. Can't allow yourself to be leapfrogged before the draft even starts and be left without a dance partner. If it's true that the Giants ( or even CLE at 4) won't deal until after the 1st pick is in, then the Bills must get to 5 pre-draft. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

he drafted Chad Kelly and Paxton Lynch(firdt round) in the last 2 drafts. Maybe he wants to see if one of them can learn behind whats-his-name. 

19 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

I think it's awesome Elway is going to deal away his opportunity to get a franchise QB.

heres what i see...

with everyone and their brother trying to trade out of their current draft position inside the top ten, it would seem to me that they are all wanting to partake of the capital Buffalo has to offer. with each and every team that announces their pick is for sale, the price to move up keeps getting cheaper and cheaper. does this put Buffalo in the drivers seat with where they will move to and what they can offer? 

Beane is really going to earn his keep if he duly researches all scenarios and plays one positionj against the other to minimize what we have to give up and still get the player we want. the trick will be to not outsmart himself.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I don’t agree. unless you are moving up to 2.  Move to 5 needs to happen AFTER you see who is off the board.  While we are all sitting here thinking one out of any of the top 4 are good, I strongly belive they have one or two guys targeted as move up worthy based on valuations. 

Irrational moved get GMs fired.  

not having a QB also gets GMs and coaches fired. Then we have to bring in new coach and GM and they start the process of trading and releasing the old regimes guys and bringing in their own. So all that draft capital we spent on good players doesn't fit the new system, and then they get released/traded so it was wasted anyways.  But we wouldn't know anything about that.