Fred Jackson wall of fame or not?

30 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

Meh.

Loved the guy, but not Wall of Fame.

Agreed.

Not sure what everybody thinks he's a no brainier.

no.

you don't reward players in the playoff abyss unless they were all-NFL

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, row_33 said:

no.

you don't reward players in the playoff abyss unless they were all-NFL

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

Nope.

He was an average back on crappy teams.  Yes ... there's not a Bills fan in the world who did not love him as a Bill.  I just think it takes more than that.

Agree with both of you.

31 minutes ago, Go-Bills said:

Fred symbolizes everything Buffalo is!!! Never say quite Never say Die! Put on the Wall tomorrow.

....both ON and OFF the field IMO........epitome of perseverance......Coe college.....UDFA with 3 tryouts that fizzled.....Arena ball to NFLE to OBD........imagine what he stats could have been if Dopey Dickie Jauron didn't have him riding the pine in favor of Anthony "A-Train" Johnson......more like the caboose............

1 minute ago, reddogblitz said:

I think it's cool they kept bringing in high first rounders, but Fred kept beating them them out. (The Beast and Spiller)

The beast?

Do you mean "beast mode" marshawn Lynch?

Jackson didn't beat him out.

They traded Lynch because of his off the field issues. 

Not because Jackson "beat him out"

2 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

The beast?

Do you mean "beast mode" marshawn Lynch?

Jackson didn't beat him out.

They traded Lynch because of his off the field issues. 

Not because Jackson "beat him out"

I do. If you say so. Willis is lucky he pre dated Fred.

Edited by reddogblitz

5 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

I think it's cool they kept bringing in high first rounders, but Fred kept beating them them out. (The Beast and Spiller)

Fred didn't "beat Lynch out," until they stopped giving Lynch the ball.  Those two aren't even in the same universe when it comes to talent.  And Spiller was just a ****ty pick.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, reddogblitz said:

I do. If you say so.

I don't "say so"

It's a fact

You're making up revisionist history to fit a narrative.

Just now, Gugny said:

Fred didn't "beat Lynch out," until they stopped giving Lynch the ball.  Those two aren't even in the same universe when it comes to talent.  And Spiller was just a ****ty pick.

Exactly.

Lynch was benched because of all his off the field bs.

He was constantly being disciplined.

People like to make things up to fit their narrative.

33 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Nope.

He was an average back on crappy teams.  Yes ... there's not a Bills fan in the world who did not love him as a Bill.  I just think it takes more than that.

I would say above average, ran well, caught well, blocked exceptionally well, great 3rd down back, great in the red zone, strong ST player. He did everything he was supposed to do very well. If he's not hurt in 2011, he's a finalist for MVP for sure. In the right situation, if he breaks out a little earlier in his career, he's a 10K yard rusher.

2 minutes ago, klos63 said:

I would say above average, ran well, caught well, blocked exceptionally well, great 3rd down back, great in the red zone, strong ST player. He did everything he was supposed to do very well. If he's not hurt in 2011, he's a finalist for MVP for sure. In the right situation, if he breaks out a little earlier in his career, he's a 10K yard rusher.

I honestly can't push back on "above average."

I still don't think he should go on the Wall.  I will say, however, that he belongs up there more than Gilchrest.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Fred kept beating them them out. (The Beast and Spiller)

Fred didn't beat Lynch. Fred was a good stand-in when Marshawn was suspended and he was a great change-of-pace back when Marshawn was active.

One could argue that Fred made it a little easier to get rid of Lynch, due to Marshawn's off-the-field issues, but that's way different than saying they dumped Lynch for Jackson (which is sort of implied by saying Fred beat out Marshawn.) They dumped Lynch and his baggage for Jackson and his lack thereof.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

Fred didn't beat Lynch. Fred was a good stand-in when Marshawn was suspended and he was a great change-of-pace back when Marshawn was active.

One could argue that Fred made it a little easier to get rid of Lynch, due to Marshawn's off-the-field issues, but that's way different than saying they dumped Lynch for Jackson (which is sort of implied by saying Fred beat out Marshawn.) They dumped Lynch and his baggage for Jackson and his lack thereof.

If you say so. I'm going with results..

10 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I honestly can't push back on "above average."

I still don't think he should go on the Wall.  I will say, however, that he belongs up there more than Gilchrest.

So Gugny for you and the others saying no.  What do you and the others think are requirements or criteria for someone to be up there? His numbers were there, the fans, the team, the community loved/loves him.  So what is he missing by your standards?

1 hour ago, bufrock j said:

he was the only reason i didn't shoot my tv's

Of all the stats, community involvement, and just being a stand up guy; this is the best argument for WOF. 

2 minutes ago, MarkAF43 said:

So Gugny for you and the others saying no.  What do you and the others think are requirements or criteria for someone to be up there? His numbers were there, the fans, the team, the community loved/loves him.  So what is he missing by your standards?

Killing his wife and a waiter? 

Too soon? 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, stevestojan said:

Ever? I love Freddy but that’s a BOLD statement. 

Yes.  Not reaction time, speed, power, etc but Freddie would see things and adjust in blocking, running and catching I never have seen before.  He would make a move and you would wonder why and then you see why.  It was not precognition but results were similar.   It reminds me of chess were a player would see many moves ahead. 

1 minute ago, SouthNYfan said:

We have guys in this thread saying he's was better than Marshawn Lynch too.

Reality and facts do not matter here.

Of course not - that is why you are posting, right?

3 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

Absolutely not.  He had one 1000 yard rushing season.  He was a good player, but he's not WOF material.  Ruben Brown, Eric Moulds, Schobel and Kyle Williams are all more deserving guys from our loser era.

I'll ask you as well. He's the third best running back stats wise in Bills history. What defines for you, the criteria for a player to be on the wall? 

2 minutes ago, MarkAF43 said:

I'll ask you as well. He's the third best running back stats wise in Bills history. What defines for you, the criteria for a player to be on the wall? 

It's not Fred's fault he was on a bad team with historically bad defenses and bad QBs.

Should Archie Manning or Dan Fouts be in HOF?  What did they win?

17 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Yes.  Not reaction time, speed, power, etc but Freddie would see things and adjust in blocking, running and catching I never have seen before.  He would make a move and you would wonder why and then you see why.  It was not precognition but results were similar.   It reminds me of chess were a player would see many moves ahead. 

Of course not - that is why you are posting, right?

You literally just said Jackson had the best vision of any back in NFL history.

Seriously?

I have laid out factual things regarding Fred.

Yes, his grit and heart could make a case for Bill's wall of Fame, but everybody is acting like he was Barry Sanders stats wise.

8 minutes ago, MarkAF43 said:

The top 2 were over 10k yards

Fred had 5k in 7 years

Shady will pass him for #3 as a Bill in his 5th year barring a major injury.

7 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

It's not Fred's fault he was on a bad team with historically bad defenses and bad QBs.

Should Archie Manning or Dan Fouts be in HOF?  What did they win?

Fouts led the NFL in passing yards 4 straight seasons.

TDs twice.

He's #15 all time passing yards.

#2 all time single season until the passing rules inflated today's stats.

Archie Manning isn't in the HoF last I checked.

Edited by SouthNYfan

3 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

You literally just said Jackson had the best vision of any back in NFL history.

Seriously?

I have laid out factual things regarding Fred.

Yes, his grit and heart could make a case for Bill's wall of Fame, but everybody is acting like he was Barry Sanders stats wise.

Fred had 5k in 7 years

So for you it's stats? I'm not judging I'm just really curious 

Just now, SouthNYfan said:

Fred had 5k in 7 years

Some of yall need to pull your head out of you rstat sheet and watch a game every once in a while.

1 minute ago, MarkAF43 said:

So for you it's stats? I'm not judging I'm just really curious 

It's a combination.

The stats aren't there.

The rest is.

I for me he's not a no brainier, I think he's borderline, but I wouldn't be upset if he was enshrined in the WoF.

Just now, reddogblitz said:

Some of yall need to pull your head out of you rstat sheet and watch a game every once in a while.

Some of y'all need to look at statistics once in a while instead of going solely on emotion.

Just now, SouthNYfan said:

It's a combination.

The stats aren't there.

The rest is.

I for me he's not a no brainier, I think he's borderline, but I wouldn't be upset if he was enshrined in the WoF.

Some of y'all need to look at statistics once in a while instead of going solely on emotion.

I would agree it's a combination. My view is for 7 years that were part of a larger dark period ,Fred gave the fans and the community the dedication daily effort to show how committed he was to helping the team win. For me that weighs a bit more than his stats. The wall is to be a tribute for not only stats but what he was as a Buffalo Bill. To me, that makes Fred a no brainer to be up there. He lit up a dark time in Bills history as much as one running back can do. Carrying out the flag, walking off the field with his son and a family. He was and is one of us. He is symbolic of Buffalo to me and many people. 

• Like (+1) 1