Trade Rumors? (only Rumors)

18 minutes ago, cle23 said:

Right, one was for a quarterback and one wasn't. There are premiums paid when trading up for a QB.

Not when the next 2 picks may be QBs. The premium is paid when a drop off is about to occur. As an example Chubb is ranked WAY higher than anyone else. Davenport will be the only other edge guy in the top 20 potentially. You pay a premium to be up a tier. No one is going to pay a ridiculous price for guy number 1 when guy number 4 grades out very closely. I know that you want some massive overpay and, maybe in Cleveland they think it will happen, but it won’t. Scarcity drives the price. 

As long as Buffalo can get Rosen, doesnt matter to me how they execute it. Get to two, get to four, get to five, hell stay at 12... I really dont care, just dont leave this draft without Rosen.

Oh and I really hope the Browns take Allen. Absolutely eliminate the possibility.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, BillsFan17 said:

As long as Buffalo can get Rosen, doesnt matter to me how they execute it. Get to two, get to four, get to five, hell stay at 12... I really dont care, just dont leave this draft without Rosen.

Oh and I really hope the Browns take Allen. Absolutely eliminate the possibility.

My dream draft would be just that. Allen goes 1, Giants won't trade and take a RB, Jets take Darnold, now we can go to 4-7 and get Rosen. Worst case we get Mayfield. Best part is maybe we only give up 12, 53, 65 to do it but we would most likely have to add pick 22 but you never know. If we could get our franchise QB plus keep pick 22 I would go bananas

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Well...If Allen goes #1, and of course if the NYG go Barkley,  personally I feel great... Because Mayfield is my QB1, Darnold is my QB2, and the Jets can only have one of the two...If the Bills work their way into being the next team to Draft a QB they Get Mayfield or Darnold guaranteed...And even if something goes haywire and teams jump them,  they still likely get Rosen bare minimum... 

To me it's all good if Allen goes #1 and the Giants go Barkley...That's taking my QB5 off the board at #1 overall and leaving QB1-QB4 available from 3 -11...And of those 9 spot ahead of me 6 of them will not take a QB, and Denver is the 7th slot... The math is REALLY working for the Bills in that situation...Get ahead of Miami and you're going to get one of Mayfield, Darnold, Rosen, or Jackson...And depending on how the Bills board looks, it's conceivable they get their QB1 (I'm assuming that is Mayfield, Darnold, or Rosen) without moving up too much...That would be incredible!!!

Anyway...For me I'm REAL happy if the Bills come home with Mayfield or Darnold...And I'm OK with Rosen or Jackson...So this is all looking good...B-)

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

My dream draft would be just that. Allen goes 1, Giants won't trade and take a RB, Jets take Darnold, now we can go to 4-7 and get Rosen. Worst case we get Mayfield. Best part is maybe we only give up 12, 53, 65 to do it but we would most likely have to add pick 22 but you never know. If we could get our franchise QB plus keep pick 22 I would go bananas

My dream would be the Jets absolutely passing on a QB and taking like Nelson lol.

I keep hearing rosen is going to fall, hes a dbag with concussions in his past. Please browns, go allen at 1 and bills find a way to get to 2. If darnold ends up a jet, we have some serious problems for the next 12+ years

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, BillsGuru4 said:

I keep hearing rosen is going to fall, hes a dbag with concussions in his past. Please browns, go allen at 1 and bills find a way to get to 2. If darnold ends up a jet, we have some serious problems for the next 12+ years

Darnold isn't a franchise type QB.  he's a game manager like Alex Smith or Sam Bradford.  I wouldn't be worried about him at all

Just now, horned dogs said:

Will you be upset if the Bills draft him and still feel this way?

I have mixed emotions.  I want them to get a top guy.  But I also feel like Rosen and Mayfield are better players and a better value since you won't have to give up as many picks.  I will be initially disappointed but then I will be glad they at least got a top guy.

1 minute ago, kdiggz said:

I have mixed emotions.  I want them to get a top guy.  But I also feel like Rosen and Mayfield are better players and a better value since you won't have to give up as many picks.  I will be initially disappointed but then I will be glad they at least got a top guy.

17/24 GMs had Darnold as their number 1 choice, as well as numerous other top end talent judges. I'm willing to give these guys credit that he has "franchise" potential. I prefer Rosen because to me he's the best passer and most ready to play (less projection). On a lesser level, Darnold just seems kinda boring to me. Go Bills!

2 minutes ago, horned dogs said:

17/24 GMs had Darnold as their number 1 choice, as well as numerous other top end talent judges. I'm willing to give these guys credit that he has "franchise" potential. I prefer Rosen because to me he's the best passer and most ready to play (less projection). On a lesser level, Darnold just seems kinda boring to me. Go Bills!

I think because of 1) durable 2) makes plays outside of structure 3) youngest (untapped potential) 4) high floor, won't be a bust so it's a safe pick

I think if you got into the nuts and bolts with these guys they would admit he is not the best QB in the draft.  he is just a very nice player and a safe pick

Edited by kdiggz

2 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Disagree. I see a lot of Matt Stafford in Darnold's game.

Really?  To me they couldn't be more different.  Stafford is all arm - he seems to lack a feel for the game and game situations.  Rarely comes up big with the game on the line.

Darnold has bad mechanics but, despite that, his ball placement is the best in this class.  And he's a natural leader, which Stafford really isn't.

• Like (+1) 1