Why no Josh Allen for a visit?

47 minutes ago, Thurmanator 12074 said:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/draft/2018/03/23/wyoming-qb-josh-allen-hopes-accuracy-questions-answered-pro-day/454448002/

I think Mason Rudolph is there target. He checks all the boxes and will buy into the process and is also good with the media. 

Joe Dufek was also good with the media

Didn't they say the Bills didn't draft anyone who visited last year? I just have a feeling Allen will drop to us at 12 if the Browns don't take him.

50 minutes ago, Thurmanator 12074 said:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/draft/2018/03/23/wyoming-qb-josh-allen-hopes-accuracy-questions-answered-pro-day/454448002/

I think Mason Rudolph is there target. He checks all the boxes and will buy into the process and is also good with the media. 

I agree with Mason Rudolph being everything they say they want. It wouldn't shock me at all if they take him at 12. All of the top 6 are worth a first round draft pick but none are worth 3 first round draft pick. I could see over their careers where Darnold and Rudolph are the same Phillip Rivers type of QB. Play really well, at a great level but never carry you. An Eli type where if you build a great team you will win the SB.

2 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Not one of them had media say “forced” “pushed out there hard” etc etc like Allen was. 

Sure but you could argue that’s just the Bills trying to trick teams into thinking that it’s a smokescreen. Isn’t the fact that the Bills have basically admitted that Allen is a smokescreen a bit suspicious?

do you think word accidentally got out about their interest in every other QB?

Edited by DCOrange

The Bills may not view him as a top QB or even a first round pick. Rosen, Mayfield, Darnold, Rudolph, and Jackson all had much better production than Allen. Even Lauletta and White had much better production. The buzz about Allen is potential. Big guy with a strong arm. That doesnt always translate into NFL star. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, MTLBills said:

I don't think he is who the Bills covet.

Face of the matter is the QB we select must be ready to start Day 1. Only QBs who fit that mold are Darnold, Rosen and maybe Mayfield.

I'd argue that Darnold and Mayfield are not day 1 starters, either, at the moment. 

4 minutes ago, saundena said:

Not Baker really, IIRC.  He's my 1A.  Rosen is 1B.

Jeremy White’s secret twitter Sabres source said they love mayfield 

1 hour ago, CuddyDark said:

Didn't they say the Bills didn't draft anyone who visited last year? I just have a feeling Allen will drop to us at 12 if the Browns don't take him.

I agree with Mason Rudolph being everything they say they want. It wouldn't shock me at all if they take him at 12. All of the top 6 are worth a first round draft pick but none are worth 3 first round draft pick. I could see over their careers where Darnold and Rudolph are the same Phillip Rivers type of QB. Play really well, at a great level but never carry you. An Eli type where if you build a great team you will win the SB.

Peterman visited 

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Tyrod's friend said:

Makes extremely good sense that there's a chance and that's why they up and left town to go see Darnold at the last minute ... but I see the Giants as being more likely to trade #2 with the Broncos (Rosen is their presumed choice) , Jets & Mayfield at 3, Cleveland at 4 (Barkley/Chubb/DB).

Possible that the Bills and Giants make that second trade to move up to 5. Giants get a running back at 12, a Guard at 22, pick up a second rounder from Denver (OT/DL), a second rounder from us (WR).

Im with ya, id much rather have a rookie sit a year and come out better in the long term vs throwing him to the wolves and shattering his confidence/ mental state.  Of course its all situational though

• Like (+1) 1