Sign in to follow this  
horned dogs

Why no Josh Allen for a visit?

With the Bills having special visits with the other top guys, including visiting Darnold in LA. Are you surprised we haven't brought in Allen?

Does it mean anything? Is he their guy or do they have no interest?

It could be they believe he is going number 1 to Browns, they have no interest in him, or he is the guy they covet?

What say you?

I don't think he is who the Bills covet.

Face of the matter is the QB we select must be ready to start Day 1. Only QBs who fit that mold are Darnold, Rosen and maybe Mayfield.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, horned dogs said:

With the Bills having special visits with the other top guys, including visiting Darnold in LA. Are you surprised we haven't brought in Allen?

Does it mean anything? Is he their guy or do they have no interest?

It could be they believe he is going number 1 to Browns, they have no interest in him, or he is the guy they covet?

What say you?

They set the visit up. He just couldn’t accurately get to the airport 

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

1 minute ago, aristocrat said:

shanahan never met jay cutler and they drafted him

That's what has me worried. Although they didn't see him play more than a couple times I've heard.

Remember you are talking about a QB that the scouts have went and saw a grand total of 1 time during the season. 

The linking is media hype because he is a big armed QB and Buffalo apparently needs one for their weather 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, MTLBills said:

Face of the matter is the QB we select must be ready to start Day 1. Only QBs who fit that mold are Darnold, Rosen and maybe Mayfield.

Good point! One I've ascribed to myself. The others are projects.

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Remember you are talking about a QB that the scouts have went and saw a grand total of 1 time during the season

The linking is media hype because he is a big armed QB and Buffalo apparently needs one for their weather 

Good point. I'm thinking the whole Josh Allen think is big crock.

Hopeful we get this right!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Remember you are talking about a QB that the scouts have went and saw a grand total of 1 time during the season. 

Yea but they met with him at senior bowl, combine and did a private workout with him. I’d say he has had just about the same amount of time from the Bills as the others.

Edited by LEBills

Just now, LEBills said:

Yea but they met with him at senior bowl, combine and did a private workout with him. I’d say he has had just about the same amount of time from the Bills.

And i said scout went a grand total of 1 live game from him. 

They were at numerous games from rosen and darnold mayfield and Rudolph. 

A grand total of 1 for Allen. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, horned dogs said:

That's what has me worried. Although they didn't see him play more than a couple times I've heard.

In person, probably 3 times if you include the Senior Bowl. They’ve seen the others probably like 5 or 6 times. I’m sure they’ve poured over the film of all of them. If they never saw him at all, I’d say you can cross him off the list, but they could easily have seen enough in a couple games to think he is or isn’t the guy they want. 

You also have to consider that in the case of many of these other QBs, Buffalo isn’t only scouting the QB. For example, USC has Ronald Jones and Burnett, UCLA has Lasley, Oklahoma has a good OLine and pass rusher, OK State has the WRs. 

Edited by DCOrange

I wouldn't worry about it.  I still think he's one of their top guys.  I can't prove it.  The only thing I can say is what I've been saying in other threads this morning.  Allen FITS the personality that Beane and McD want to represent what the Bills are building.

Again, I can't prove anything but it wouldn't shock me one bit that their QB board looks like this:

1)  Darnold

2)  Allen

Anyone else after Allen would have to have the same personality traits.

• Like 2

Just now, MAJBobby said:

And i said scout went a grand total of 1 live game from him. 

They were at numerous games from rosen and darnold mayfield and Rudolph. 

A grand total of 1 for Allen. 

Yes, but that is probably partly due to their being few to no other NFL prospects at Wyoming or their opponents.

not saying the bills are gonna draft him, but I think he has gotten a pretty good look from the Bills.

1 minute ago, LEBills said:

Yea but they met with him at senior bowl, combine and did a private workout with him. I’d say he has had just about the same amount of time from the Bills.

This is reasonable and not a bad joke, so thanks for that.  I think we like two of Darnold, Allen, Rosen; not sure which two.  If our evaluation leads them to believe in Allen, I am quite happy taking him.  He has the highest upside.  I prefer Darnold.  If we are able to trade up to #2 and do so before the draft, that would obviously indicate we have two acceptable candidates, whoever they are.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MTLBills said:

I would switch it and say Rosen, Mayfield and maybe Darnold but that's a nit, overall agree.