last years Chiefs Trade

3 minutes ago, dbflaBill said:

A topic I havent seen talked about much. Is Mahomes a better prospect than what the Bills could possibly get this year? If so any trade up can/would look really foolish. 

Maybe but I think Watson is

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, nucci said:

Maybe but I think Watson is

Now. But who thought that before he performed as well as he did last year before he was injured. 

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Either the answer is no, or Doug Whaley is incompetent. We only got one future 1st rd pick and a 2017 3rd  in return for moving from a top 10 pick to 27. Brutal return compared to this year. 

I vote for the latter!

It's definitely close.  I don't think Mahomes the prospect is as good as Darnold or Rosen but he's, IMO, at the Allen and Mayfield level.  Some question marks as they have but physically as talented.  Again, as a prospect he's a tick ahead of Rudolph and Jackson.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, BuffaloMatt said:

Now. But who thought that before he performed as well as he did last year before he was injured. 

Had a good college resume...same as QBs this year. I thought they had an easier chance to draft a QB last year as opposed to this year and would still have a lot of picks for this draft

I think most can come to the conclusion that Doug Whaley was a puppet for that draft and that Beane and Co, based on how they drafted and moved ahead of Carolina to draft Dawkins, pulled all the strings for that draft.

I would do the same trade again. What I think really threw off this process was the 9-7 record: Regardless of what Beane and McDermott said, I truly don't think they believed 2017 was going to net more then 5 wins. If the Bills did win 5 or so, the trade up would be much easier and probably already complete.

Edited by Like A Mofo
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, auburnbillsbacker said:

Knowing what we know now the pick should have been Watson.  All of the QBs were viewed as projects last year though.  Also in hindsight, I wish we traded down with Houston instead of Kansas City. 

I just think it's way to early to say this after 7 games.  I believe after year three is when you can look at hindsight.  

10 minutes ago, dbflaBill said:

A topic I havent seen talked about much. Is Mahomes a better prospect than what the Bills could possibly get this year? If so any trade up can/would look really foolish. 

If Mahomes came out this year Is still take Rosen, Mayfield, or Darnold ahead of him. I'd put Mahomes ahead of Allen or Rudolph. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Either the answer is no, or Doug Whaley is incompetent. We only got one future 1st rd pick and a 2017 3rd  in return for moving from a top 10 pick to 27. Brutal return compared to this year. 

it was the best deal being offered IMO..nobody got fleeced. I mean we trade from 21 to 12 this year offering only an often injured LT

and no way were the Bills going ot let Whaley and his scouting crew pick th eQB

• Like (+1) 3

if he was in this year's draft it would still be the same top guys and people would be saying "what about Mahomes?  he has a lot of potential and a strong arm, although not as strong as Allen's.  he could be a steal for someone."  he would be looked at similar to how they are looking at Lamar Jackson.  good value later on in round 1

6 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

No.  Mahomes didn't really start climbing until about this time last year.  He was a late 1st/early 2nd round pick as far as projections.  

Projections? He went 10. Projections are media driven. An actual NFL team took him 10th. your statement doesnt make sense.

• Like (+1) 1

I can imagine a scenario where McDermott working with a GM he had to know was gone the moment the draft was over - had a difficult time making such a critical decision with that situation in place.  It's rumored we were interested in Trubisky but I think McDermott probably felt this needs to be a team decision and opted to trade the pick.  

8 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think Whaley was only nominally in charge of last year's draft.