FA's still available

Virgil

After Richie leaving, it looks like we have about 18 mil in cap space.  Assuming 9 of that goes to rookies, then we have about 9 mil left.  There will be cuts after June 1st, but we there's a lot of guys taking 1 mil deals right now with the market basically crawling.   With that, he's the most recent list of FA's at positions of need for us.  If the cap number is wrong or anything else, please feel free to call it out.  Personally, I think we've already signed our offensive line is already on the roster, unless a BPA becomes available in the draft.  MLB looks healthy enough in FA where we could get some guys on the cheap, but again, I think we will wait and see how the draft pans out.

Tackles

Austin Howard

Chris Clark

Greg Robinson

Michael Ola

Will Beatty

Cornelius Lucas

Guards/Centers

Brian Schwenke

Luke Joeckel

Jahri Evans

Shawn Lauvao

Oday Aboushi

Mike Person

MLB
Navorro Bowman

Lawrence Timmons

Jerrell Freeman

Karlos Dansby

Brian Cushing

Gerald Hodges

Dannell Ellerbe

Derrick Johnson

OLB

Jonathan Casillas

Jelani Jenkins

LaRoy Reynolds

Keenan Robinson

Sean Weatherspoon

Justin Durant

DB

Bashaud Breeland

Dominque Rodgers-Cromartie

Davon House

Adam Jones

Delvin Breaux

Dontae Johnson

Byron Maxwell

Leonard Johnson

Jeremy Lane

Edited by Virgil

3 minutes ago, Virgil said:

After Richie leaving, it looks like we have about 18 mil in cap space.  Assuming 9 of that goes to rookies, then we have about 9 mil left.  There will be cuts after June 1st, but we there's a lot of guys taking 1 mil deals right now with the market basically crawling.   With that, he's the most recent list of FA's at positions of need for us.  If the cap number is wrong or anything else, please feel free to call it out.  Personally, I think we've already signed our offensive line is already on the roster, unless a BPA becomes available in the draft.  MLB looks healthy enough in FA where we could get some guys on the cheap, but again, I think we will wait and see how the draft pans out.

Tackles

Chris Clark

Greg Robinson

Michael Ola

Will Beatty

Cornelius Lucas

Guards/Centers

Luke Joeckel

Jahri Evans

Shawn Lauvao

Oday Aboushi

Mike Person

MLB
Navorro Bowman

Lawrence Timmons

Jerrell Freeman

Karlos Dansby

Brian Cushing

Gerald Hodges

Dannell Ellerbe

Derrick Johnson

OLB

Jonathan Casillas

Jelani Jenkins

LaRoy Reynolds

Keenan Robinson

Sean Weatherspoon

Justin Durant

DB

Bashaud Breeland

Dominque Rodgers-Cromartie

Davon House

Adam Jones

Delvin Breaux

Dontae Johnson

Byron Maxwell

Leonard Johnson

Jeremy Lane

I agree that we could and should upgrade the present o-line, lb and wr with FA's if we don't draft those positions. Of course that is what we would do.  But these guys are sitting around without jobs for reasons.    You don't dominate other teams by using their cast-offs.   Let's hope that some 3rd string guard, starting for us, doesn't wiff on a block and get our QB killed.

Bowman and Delvin Breaux would be immediate upgrades. Adding those 2 allows more flexibility in a trade up. There are others that fit that description as well but that would be how I went.

1 minute ago, thebandit27 said:

Add Austin Howard to your list of OTs and Brian Schwenke to your list of OGs :thumbsup:

Howard would have been a much better idea than Newhouse.

11 minutes ago, baskingridgebillsfan said:

this will be epic dumpster diving.  and they have to release incognito to use his money , this will allow him to sign elsewhere.   I think that is his plan   

Say more about this please? I don't know about this.

Does it mean he can retire, but until they officially release him in some way, they can't access his money? How come?

Was the same true for Boldin?

3 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Bowman and Delvin Breaux would be immediate upgrades. Adding those 2 allows more flexibility in a trade up. There are others that fit that description as well but that would be how I went.

Howard would have been a much better idea than Newhouse.

Howard is a Castillo guy too. Kind of surprised he wasn't the move. 

25 minutes ago, Virgil said:

After Richie leaving, it looks like we have about 18 mil in cap space.  Assuming 9 of that goes to rookies, then we have about 9 mil left. 

When I look at Spotrac, it looks like $9.7 million for rookie signings is already included and that Bills have almost $19 million in available salary cap.

23 minutes ago, baskingridgebillsfan said:

this will be epic dumpster diving.  and they have to release incognito to use his money , this will allow him to sign elsewhere.   I think that is his plan   

Claim "retirement" in an effort to find a new team.

Looks like Anquan had more of an influence than we thought 

33 minutes ago, baskingridgebillsfan said:

Are you sure that is how it works?

I believe Incognito has to file retirement paperwork and then the Bills can place him on the retirement list.  This should free the funds up.  He can not play else where unless he unretires and the Bills release his rights.

Very much like Boldin last year.  No incentive for Bills to release him.