Khalil Mack

4 hours ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

While Mack can play effectively in both a 4-3 and a 3-4, he is devastating in a hybrid multiple defense. He is more suited to a Rex Ryan Defense than a Sean McD defense. For a traditional 4-3, he may not be worth the price. Just saying.

Khalil Mack was the only player IN NFL HISTORY to be an all-pro at both DE and OLB. Yes, he absolutely can play in the McD scheme and would be worth it.

5 hours ago, Luxy312 said:

I don't see the Raiders just letting him go.  They're going to start next year with about $75m in available cap space, so i would presume that a deal gets done and he signs a new contract with them.  Worst case scenario, they tag him.  Talent like Mack is going nowhere.

I don't think he can be tagged now.Wasn't the deadline back in March?

5 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

he wants a new deal. Not sure how it will fly with Gruden who has come off very old school.

With the cap space we have next year should the Bills go after him with an aggressive, market defining offer next March if he hits the market?

Uh gruden needs as many star players on defense. He can't rave about the Tampa 2 and just slough defense this year.

5 hours ago, Luxy312 said:

I don't see the Raiders just letting him go.  They're going to start next year with about $75m in available cap space, so i would presume that a deal gets done and he signs a new contract with them.  Worst case scenario, they tag him.  Talent like Mack is going nowhere.

Not to mention we hardly have any cap space and a bunch of dead cap. What this team is left with is the draft for now and maybe some discount FAs as things shake out.

• Like (+1) 1

With all that cap space next year, you never know. It would be a dream to come away with Khalil Mack and Zach Martin. Dallas will not be able to franchise both Martin and DeMarcus Lawrence. That would be cool. We are in a good place to grab some big time players next off season, especially if we have a quarterback on a rookie deal. 

• Like (+1) 1

Any smart team would be crazy to let him go. Gruden however, you never know.  I wouldn’t put it past him to try a pissing match with Mack. 

However, they have the franchise tag option the next two years.  

But, IF he did become available, that Mario Williams thread would get a run for it’s money 

16 hours ago, Magox said:

I don't care how Old school Gruden is, you don't let an edge rusher as good as Mack go.  Those guys outside of QB's are arguably some of the most valuable players in the league and to the best of my knowledge he isn't any sort of a troublemaker or team "cancer".

I think this is just a simple case that he wants to get paid and he and his agent are prepared to play hardball.

There is absolutely no chance Mack is not resigned by the raiders. What a shame we could've had him too

13 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Don't rain on our parade dude.  If the Raiduhs are too stupid to sign Mack, the Bills have a monster opportunity to right the wrongs of the past.  Bring him home (to steal from Les Miserables).  Delusional?  Perhaps, but this has been a wild off-season, and McBeane wheels and deals.  Hope springs eternal, and who cares if Casey strikes out if he goes down swinging?  Did I get enough references in?

Your point is well taken Sir, thanks!

• Like (+1) 1

NFL.com reports contract-year OLB Khalil Mack is seeking "in excess" of $65 million guaranteed in his new contract.

That would put Mack just short of Von Miller's record of $70 million for a defensive player. We would assume Mack will start out hoping to surpass that. Currently slated to make $13.846 million in the final year of his rookie contract, Mack is skipping the voluntary start of the Raiders' offseason program.
Source: NFL.com
Apr 10 - 6:55 PM