"Giants 'don't like' Josh Rosen".

10 hours ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

Why would the Giants need to put misinfo on their opinion on Rosen? Browns certainly aren’t taking him so if they want him they can have him.

It’s pretty clear the Browns and the Giants aren’t too fond of Rosen. 

Who knows what the Jets want between Allen, Mayfield and Rosen.

in one of my posts here i outlined a trade to 4 and why. if we can get there, we should be able to take mayfield.

i like rosen but just don't think his heart will be in it in buffalo. i don't see the jets drafting mayfield. i think the media and big city would do more damage than good. i'm willing to bet they take rosen or allen.

11 minutes ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

Galko saying that the Jets have closed in on Baker Mayfield at #3. CEO meeting with Mayfield this week is a huge sign that he's their guy.

well in that case, as i replied to the other post, if we are sitting at 4 and the browns take darnold, the giants might go ahead and move down 2 spots for a 2nd and a 3rd. we jump the jets.

59 minutes ago, baskingridgebillsfan said:

I guess the entire draft hinges on weather the browns take Darnold.  If they do the number 2 pick goes to the highest bidder.   

I just posted some info in the eric galko thread. Obviously everything is “grain of salt” but it sounds like unless something changes The NYG are taking Barkley and not trading the pick despite the Bills best efforts.

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I just posted some info in the eric galko thread. Obviously everything is “grain of salt” but it sounds like unless something changes The NYG are taking Barkley and not trading the pick despite the Bills best efforts.

Yep. It looks like we're trying to get Cleveland's 4th pick. I wonder if they'd take 12, 22, 53, 65th and a 2019 2nd Rounder.

In this scenario they could get their QB(Darnold), their T(McGlinchey) and their RB(Chubb/Guice/Michel/Jones) all in the 1st. 

Edited by FeelingOnYouboty

19 hours ago, BurpleBull said:

Giants are apparently now dangling Josh Rosen out there for the entire NFL and any club willing to pay up to get him.

Would sure hate to wake up tomorrow and learn that the Patriots packaged their picks to secure the No.2 spot and Josh Rosen.

I think you can go to sleep without worries.  The Patriots want to win.  They need to restock other parts of their team, and no one hits 100% on draft picks.

I'll go further and make a bold statement: no team with an established Franchise QB is gonna expend the draft picks to trade up and draft a QB.

Moreover, usually teams drafting at the top, take a player that fills needs for them.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan

• 1 month later...

I guess ill be that guy...

After the PR nightmare that was Elis benching in 2018, the Giants ended up taking Barkley at #2 going all in on Mannings last few years at QB.

As for Rosen? Well conservative owners and Republican influence turned his outspoken political beliefs into a smear campaign labeled as "personality flaws" or "@sshole syndrome". Even tho he was the most developed passer in the draft he ended up going #10 to the Arizona Cardinals, where he proclaimed "there were 9 mistakes before me",  forgetting to do the math of qbs vs other positions taken before him. Cards took him after failing to trade up for Allen. Early reports seem to insinuate Rosen might beat out Bradford in preseason or at least start if Bradford gets hurt. He is the definitive #2 qb.

Where Josh Allen still sits at #3 on the depth chart behind career back up AJ McCarron and 2nd year struggle QB Pick5Petermen. As for the Giants? They had a decent draft, as long as they stay healthy they will challenge for a WC spot at least, this year.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, FearLess Price said:

After the PR nightmare that was Elis benching in 2018, the Giants ended up taking Barkley at #2 going all in on Mannings last few years at QB.

As for Rosen? Well conservative owners and Republican influence turned his outspoken political beliefs into a smear campaign labeled as "personality flaws" or "@sshole syndrome". Even tho he was the most developed passer in the draft he ended up going #10 to the Arizona Cardinals, where he proclaimed "there were 9 mistakes before me",  forgetting to do the math of qbs vs other positions taken before him. Cards took him after failing to trade up for Allen. Early reports seem to insinuate Rosen might beat out Bradford in preseason or at least start if Bradford gets hurt. He is the definitive #2 qb.

Where Josh Allen still sits at #3 on the depth chart behind career back up AJ McCarron and 2nd year struggle QB Pick5Petermen. As for the Giants? They had a decent draft, as long as they stay healthy they will challenge for a WC spot at least, this year.

Training camp hasn’t even started yet. Let’s pump the brakes on the pessimism a little...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, FearLess Price said:

Giants had decent draft? :w00t: They took a RB who likely will be on career downward cycle when they return to Super Bowl contention again.

They had a chance to draft a QB at a high spot when they really needed one and whiffed. Or trade out and take a boatload of high picks and whiffed again.

Gettleman overplayed his picks value and no one would trade with him. I hope Beane learns from his ineptitude.

FAIL.

6 minutes ago, cba fan said:

Giants had decent draft? :w00t: They took a RB who likely will be on career downward cycle when they return to Super Bowl contention again.

They had a chance to draft a QB at a high spot when they really needed one and whiffed. Or trade out and take a boatload of high picks and whiffed again.

Gettleman overplayed his picks value and no one would trade with him. I hope Beane learns from his ineptitude.

FAIL.

"Oh, yes, they call him the Streak     Here he comes again.
Look at that, look at that                  Who's that with him?
The fastest thing on two feet          Ethel? Is that you, Ethel?
Look at that, look at that                  What do you think you're
He's just as proud as he can be       doin'? You git your
Of his anatomy                                  clothes on!
He's gonna give us a peek

Oh, yes, they call him the Streak         Ethel! Where you goin'?
Look at that, look at that                      Ethel, you shameless
He likes to show off his physique      hussy! Say it isn't so,
Look at that, look at that                     Ethel! Ethelllllll!
If there's an audience to be found
He'll be streakin' around
Invitin' public critique

Draft is done, peeps. 
Shurmur wagered that Eli can still get the job done if he's given an OL and a run game, and maybe Kyle Lauletta will become the next Garappolo.
Time will tell who has the ineptitude.

31 minutes ago, FearLess Price said:

Are you suggesting he fell to #10 because of Republicans?

Or are you suggesting he fell to #10 because he is openly political, regardless of which way he leans?

Or are you suggesting the Bills passed on him because of politics and will regret it because you believe Rosen will end up #2 behind Bradford while Allen sits #3?

2 minutes ago, The Red King said:

Pfft, it wasn't politics.  Everyone knows the reason Josh Rosen fell...

aliens-guy.jpeg

So this proves the illegal aliens are cause of him dropping in draft?

Is he going to protest during games that illegal aliens are still allowed to remain in US?

• Haha (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, cba fan said:

FAIL.

Little early for this.  It’s finny now but the Giants were a trendy SB before last season.  On paper, their offense looks explosive. I would have taken the qb but I think Barkley isn’t really good.

i personally feel Rosen is a better qb than Allen and fell because he is outspoken.  Owners are very sensitive to that after Kaepernick and owners are mainly conservative.  I believe e that played a big part as well as owners just want their players to be mindless pieces of meat.

5 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

i personally feel Rosen is a better qb than Allen and fell because he is outspoken.  Owners are very sensitive to that after Kaepernick and owners are mainly conservative.  I believe e that played a big part as well as owners just want their players to be mindless pieces of meat.

I think he fell because he's an arrogant little prick and due to his injury/concussion history.  I don't think it has anything to do with politics or with him being outspoken.

Team chemistry, to me, is the biggest concern; by all accounts, the kid is a major dick.  And in a league that has a laserpoint focus on head injuries, even if the concussion "history" is more perceived than real ... I think it weighed heavily on teams' draft boards.

• Like (+1) 6

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

I think he fell because he's an arrogant little prick and due to his injury/concussion history.  I don't think it has anything to do with politics or with him being outspoken.

Team chemistry, to me, is the biggest concern; by all accounts, the kid is a major dick.  And in a league that has a laserpoint focus on head injuries, even if the concussion "history" is more perceived than real ... I think it weighed heavily on teams' draft boards.

Allen missed more games than Rosen in college. And not one of his teammates have said one word negative about him.  

Personally,, I think things worked out great for Rosen.  Near home, playing for a pretty well run franchise. I also think Fitzgerald will be a great mentor for him.  But Allen and Rosen will be forever linked here. Hopefully, McBeane (who’s offensive evaluations have been shaky at best so far) made the right choice.

17 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Allen missed more games than Rosen in college. And not one of his teammates have said one word negative about him.  

Personally,, I think things worked out great for Rosen.  Near home, playing for a pretty well run franchise. I also think Fitzgerald will be a great mentor for him.  But Allen and Rosen will be forever linked here. Hopefully, McBeane (who’s offensive evaluations have been shaky at best so far) made the right choice.

Keep in mind it doesn't have to be one or the other.  It's not a shell game where we know there is only one good QB in the draft.  It's quite possible Rosen does wonderful in Arizona, and Allen does remarkable in Buffalo.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, The Red King said:

Keep in mind it doesn't have to be one or the other.  It's not a shell game where we know there is only one good QB in the draft.  It's quite possible Rosen does wonderful in Arizona, and Allen does remarkable in Buffalo.

Yup and I agree.  As much of some people think people turned off the nfl because of other factors, I think part of the reason was because they league kinda sucked to watch last year. The nfl is much better with a lot of good qbs.

1 hour ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

Training camp hasn’t even started yet. Let’s pump the brakes on the pessimism a little...

Since when is being real pessimistic?  Am i wrong? Is JA not 3rd on our depth chart? Is Rosen not the #2? Did the Giants not invest in Elis last years with who they drafted? Did the Giants not go to the playoffs in 2017? The only reason the Giants didnt make it back to the WC last year is cuz they got decimated by injuries.

1 hour ago, LABillzFan said:

Are you suggesting he fell to #10 because of Republicans?

Or are you suggesting he fell to #10 because he is openly political, regardless of which way he leans?

Or are you suggesting the Bills passed on him because of politics and will regret it because you believe Rosen will end up #2 behind Bradford while Allen sits #3?

Im saying he fell due to his outspoken antics. Most NFL owners dont want to deal with political backlash because they swap spit with politicians throuh their other business ventures. Owners dont want the smoke in political arenas. Look up Jerry Jones outing Trump on the stand in the Kap case as a hint to why. It is what it is. I think both players can become great QBs, Rosen will be better in the short term.  Allen might be better in the long term. Might.. lets see how it plays out.

1 hour ago, Dr. Who said:

Don't be that guy...

Its a dirty job but somones gotta do it.

32 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Team chemistry is a bigger factor in who teams bring in the locker room than most know. Allen missed more time injured in college than Rosen did so i wont buy that excuse. It has to be bc of the outspoken talk and not working the media as a face. So he got labeled as a silver spoon liberal with a big mouth. Wealthy owners that mingle in political arenas dont wanna deal with that, they will not make that guy the face of a franchise unless their hand is forced like Arizonas was.