"Giants 'don't like' Josh Rosen".

6 minutes ago, NewEraBills said:

The Rams, Eagles did not give away 3 first round picks.  I'm saying I'd give 12, 22, and next year's 2 first.  That would be my first starting price knowing that I'm willing to give up next year's first.  But if he wants something more than that, then the deal is off.  I don't care what the Jets did.  That's them.

I don't care about the PICK Combination.  I am talking pick value.  Giants will get close to 3900 points for their pick.  That is the 50% premium, that Eagles, Rams and Jets paid.

So my walk away point is when Giants start wanting more than 4000 total points for a 2600 point pick.

So a package like 12,22,53,65 2019 1st, and 2019 3rd will likely get it done.  And that is fine with me.

Edited by MAJBobby

At number 2, they shouldn't. He's way overrated. He's a good player but not a great IMO. He'll have an above average career like Matt Ryan if he can get over being hit and or blitzed on the NFL level. He won't have a great Oline like he had at UCLA so why would the Giants draft him when they know their major issue is Oline play?

11 minutes ago, NewEraBills said:

The Rams, Eagles did not give away 3 first round picks.  I'm saying I'd give 12, 22, and next year's 2 as an initial offer.  That would be my first starting price knowing that I'm willing to give up next year's first.  But if he wants something more than that, then 12, 22, and next year's 1st then the deal is off.  I don't care what the Jets did.  That's them.

But they gave away 2 1sts / 2 2nds / 2 3rds.

#12 ~ #15

Future 1st ~ Future 1st

Then you are down to #22 / #53 / #56 / #65 vs #43 / #45 / #76 / future 3rd

Obviously there's more value on our side, but pulling out one of the picks between #53-#65 swings that to be pretty much in line with the Rams trade to #1.

That's where I think a deal to #2 will land.  If we hold out pick #53, we basically have a full draft this year, #2 / #53 / #96 / #121, picks in each round 1-4 and down 1 future pick.  I could see the Giants sending a 4th either this year or next year to smooth things a bit, but I expect something in that ballpark. 

8 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I don't care about the PICK Combination.  I am talking pick value.  Giants will get close to 3900 points for their pick.  That is the 50% premium, that Eagles, Rams and Jets paid.

So my walk away point is when Giants start wanting more than 4000 total points for a 2600 point pick.

That's crazy. The reason being is that a team needs to have the ability to put supporting players in place and that's primarily through the draft. You'd be defeating the purpose of having a franchise QB. What good is a franchise QB when he's getting knocked down on every other play because he's passing every down since his defense can't stop the other team from scoring and the offensive line and running game is a joke?

Edited by 1billsfan

Just now, 1billsfan said:

That's crazy. The reason being is that a team needs to have the ability to put supporting players in place and that's primarily through the draft. You'd be defeating the purpose of having a franchise QB. What good is a franchise QB when he's getting knocked down on every other play because he's passing every down since his defense can't stop the other team from scoring sand the offensive line and running game is a joke?

Did it hurt the Rams and Eagles?

3 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

But they gave away 2 1sts / 2 2nds / 2 3rds.

#12 ~ #15

Future 1st ~ Future 1st

Then you are down to #22 / #53 / #56 / #65 vs #43 / #45 / #76 / future 3rd

Obviously there's more value on our side, but pulling out one of the picks between #53-#65 swings that to be pretty much in line with the Rams trade to #1.

That's where I think a deal to #2 will land.  If we hold out pick #53, we basically have a full draft this year, #2 / #53 / #96 / #121, picks in each round 1-4 and down 1 future pick.  I could see the Giants sending a 4th either this year or next year to smooth things a bit, but I expect something in that ballpark. 

Yep you can give up Both 1sts, 1 Second and 1 3rd and you have a full draft this year,

Move picks in 2019 to make up the value when you have 65+M in cap space

11 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Did it hurt the Rams and Eagles?

I think part of the problem is some of the posters aren't willing to accept a step back from a playoff team, even only short term.  They see "holes" all over the roster and can't see the forest from the trees.  It's a total rebuild, we just happened to make the playoffs year 1.  The goal isn't a Super Bowl team in 2018, it's to get the QB position in place, then start building around it.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

So a package like 12,22,53,65 2019 1st, and 2019 3rd will likely get it done.  And that is fine with me.

I look at that and get sad.  Why can't 12, 22, and next year's 1st be enough?  Who has even offered what I'm suggesting in any year?  Ok let me not think about the picks for a second.  3900 points.  Let's reflect on just that.  See I look at your willingness to offer 3900 points but not 4000 as mere pettiness.  It's only 100 points so why not just give up 4000 points if you are willing to give up 3900.  If the pick is a 2600 points value, I'd say ok my negotiated spot starts at around 3100.  I'm willing to go up to 3600 but after that, we are getting into foolishness IMO.  In other words, I'll start the bidding at 500 over.  I'll give you that.  But I'm only willing to go 500 more.  If you really want to move take it or leave it.  Like I said, I scouted other QBs and to be clear I look at this like dating women and choosing one.  It is certainly the case that while I chose one, I could have also chosen another one because they had great qualities too.

9 minutes ago, CuddyDark said:

At number 2, they shouldn't. He's way overrated. He's a good player but not a great IMO. He'll have an above average career like Matt Ryan if he can get over being hit and or blitzed on the NFL level. He won't have a great Oline like he had at UCLA so why would the Giants draft him when they know their major issue is Oline play?

They would have time to build that line using Eli as a sacrificial lamb lol.

I do know one thing.  After looking at the board mock draft project, I'm fine giving up all 3 picks between 53-65.  If the 2019 1st is a must include, I wouldn't mind seeing if we can hold out #22 and give up all picks between 53-65.  Then we could go QB at 2 and impact linebacker / Ridley / DL / OL at 22.

4 minutes ago, NewEraBills said:

I look at that and get sad.  Why can't 12, 22, and next year's 1st be enough?  Who has even offered what I'm suggesting in any year?  Ok let me not think about the picks for a second.  3900 points.  Let's reflect on just that.  See I look at your willingness to offer 3900 points but not 4000 as mere pettiness.  It's only 100 points so why not just give up 4000 points if you are willing to give up 3900.  If the pick is a 2600 points value, I'd say ok my negotiated spot starts at around 3100.  I'm willing to go up to 3600 but after that, we are getting into foolishness IMO.  In other words, I'll start the bidding at 500 over.  I'll give you that.  But I'm only willing to go 500 more.  If you really want to move take it or leave it.  Like I said, I scouted other QBs and to be clear I look at this like dating women and choosing one.  It is certainly the case that while I chose one, I could have also chosen another one because they had great qualities too.

Then you settle taking a look at prospects already worse then the prospects you passed on LAST year to put this plan in motion.  The reality is anything over 50% premium which is 3900 points is an overpayment.  So if you want me to put down a walkaway price I will.  It is over a 50% premium.

1 minute ago, 1billsfan said:

They did not pay 4000 in trade value. I'm not going to do the homework on that, but no way do I remember them paying that kind of ridiculous price.

They did pay the 50% premium or really close to it.  that is the reality.

56 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Unless we get Denver's pick at 5 or Cleveland's pick at 4, I just don't see where it makes all that much more sense for the Giants to go from 2 to 7.  At 7, they could see all of Barkley / Chubb / Nelson off the board and be forced to take a player not all that different from pick 12.  Why lose a big premium for that?

Teams know what other teams can offer.  If the Giants decide to move the pick, I don't know they need to wait till they know what the Browns are doing, they'll have a price and move when it's met.

Colts pick at 6 (which it has been written they are open to moving back from) would give the Giants one of Barkley, Nelson or Chubb. 

15 minutes ago, NewEraBills said:

#12 / #53 / #56 / #65 / 2019 1st / 2019 3rd for #2 / #108 is pretty much dead on with what the Rams gave up to go to pick #1.

We keep pick #22.

It'll be VERY tough for any team to match that offer.  The Dolphins can't, the Cardinals can't, the Pats likely can't. 

9 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

I think part of the problem is some of the posters aren't willing to accept a step back from a playoff team, even only short term.  They see "holes" all over the roster and can't see the forest from the trees.  It's a total rebuild, we just happened to make the playoffs year 1.  The goal isn't a Super Bowl team in 2018, it's to get the QB position in place, then start building around it.

With what? They don't have the picks anymore. Free agency? Sounds good, until the players you already have had on the team resent the new additions being paid prime money and they are still looking for the big bucks. That never works in real life with real people.

2 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

I do know one thing.  After looking at the board mock draft project, I'm fine giving up all 3 picks between 53-65.  If the 2019 1st is a must include, I wouldn't mind seeing if we can hold out #22 and give up all picks between 53-65.  Then we could go QB at 2 and impact linebacker / Ridley / DL / OL at 22.

and Fa Next year to help us along, Next year Bills have money, now they have little. But they do have draft capitol leverage.
I might try to trade some of next years picks to soften the blow to this potentially amazing Bills draft. They need to make this an option. To get to two.
And as mentioned that number could change for every team after Cleveland drafts QB at 1. Maybe they draft Rosen and Giants dance with joy and draft Darnold.
I am not one to overpay for anything. well most anything.....

4 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

That's not the case for me.  The way I figure it we are not going to win the division until Brady is out of NE, which is why I think it's a good idea to take a swing.  But, if we are using baseball as an analogy when you swing, you are swinging at certain pitches.  What kind of pitches are being thrown?  You don't swing at every pitch.  Good batters swing at "their pitch(es)".  They don't swing just because the pitcher is pitching.  Batters that do that tend to strike out.  Ultimately, the analogy serves as a lesson to know what your pitches are, in this case, options are, and swing at your pitch(es).  Don't go chasing the pitches that the pitcher wants you to chase because he's trying to strike you out.  

In saying all of that, I understand, this is a rebuild and you have to have a franchise guy.  Whoever we get we'll be told it was their guy, EVEN if it was only one of their guys in reality.

3 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

#12 / #53 / #56 / #65 / 2019 1st / 2019 3rd for #2 / #108 is pretty much dead on with what the Rams gave up to go to pick #1.

We keep pick #22.

It'll be VERY tough for any team to match that offer.  The Dolphins can't, the Cardinals can't, the Pats likely can't. 

Now if we are keeping 22 then fine.  My initial suggestion was giving 12, 22, and ultimately next year's 1st up.  To me, anything more than those 3 picks and I'd think about walking away.  Ok, a 2020 3rd to sweeten the deal.  How is that not enough?

Eagles paid 3200ish for a 2600 point pick.

Rams paid around 4200ish points for a 3000 point pick

11 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

We keep pick #22.

I would do that package as well

10 minutes ago, 1billsfan said:

Sorry, I just don't believe you.

Just gotta look it up.  pretty easy

14 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

That's wrong according to this story...

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/15201946/tennessee-titans-trade-no-1-pick-los-angeles-rams

Rams paid 2100 points in 2016 (Titans gave also Rams a 4th and a 6th 2016 picks), and a mid 1st plus and mid 3rd rounder in 2017 would equal about 1100. That's 3200.

I don't know where you're getting (adding?) your numbers from.

Edited by 1billsfan

Futures can be valued anywhere from the first pick in the draft to the last pick in that round.  Depends on how the team negotiation went.  So yes to say the Rams sold their future as a top 10 pick is not that hard of a leap

So if I am the Bills I am trying to sell their future pick as a top 10 pick as well in terms of the points I am attaching to it.

Edited by MAJBobby

16 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Just gotta look it up.  pretty easy

269+315+61=645 plus next years(2017)

467+67=534

Using the Hill Chart I get 1179 paid by the Rams(using actual 2017 picks not known at the time) for the 1000 pt pick

8 minutes ago, horned dogs said:

269+315+61=645 plus next years(2017)

467+67=534

Using the Hill Chart I get 1179 paid by the Rams(using actual 2017 picks not known at the time) for the 1000 pt pick

And Hill also said this about his chart.

"Trying to make a table that includes the top of the draft (i.e. top 5) doesn't make sense because the value of the pick changes on a year to year basis.  For example, the #1 pick when Andrew Luck was a prospect is worth a LOT more than the #1 pick with Myles Garrett as the top prospect.  Teams love their quarterbacks and drafts with good QB prospects see an increased value in picks at the top.  So take the value of the top 5 picks on the chart as a baseline and adjust the value accordingly when the top prospects from out of college"  -----  This tidbit it was I have been talking about the QB Premium.

He also says this.

"Future Draft picks are valued one round earlier than the current year.  In other words, a team could trade a 4th round pick in 2017 and expect to receive a 2018 3rd round pick in return." ---- So FUTURE picks are worth more to teams.

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

And Hill also said this about his chart.

"Trying to make a table that includes the top of the draft (i.e. top 5) doesn't make sense because the value of the pick changes on a year to year basis.  For example, the #1 pick when Andrew Luck was a prospect is worth a LOT more than the #1 pick with Myles Garrett as the top prospect.  Teams love their quarterbacks and drafts with good QB prospects see an increased value in picks at the top.  So take the value of the top 5 picks on the chart as a baseline and adjust the value accordingly when the top prospects from out of college"  -----  This tidbit it was I have been talking about the QB Premium.

He also says this.

"Future Draft picks are valued one round earlier than the current year.  In other words, a team could trade a 4th round pick in 2017 and expect to receive a 2018 3rd round pick in return." ---- So FUTURE picks are worth more to teams.

I willing to pay the premium to go get Josh Rosen, git r done McBeane!

Under no circumstances should we be giving up picks in 2019.  We are rebuilding this year and could wind up a bottom 10 team ... which would top 10 picks next year.  If we can get away with dealing picks only from this year's draft, I am more open to trading up.

The only QB worth moving into the top 5 for, MIGHT be Darnold.

So many here think only in terms of draft position as if being  the #2 pick automatically makes the guy a franchise QB.

Is Rosen (or Allen) REALLY worth #12, #22, our 2 second rounders AND next year's #1???

Insanity.

It is not like we are trading up for Wentz.

It is THE PLAYER  that matters, not the draft position.

Edited by CamboBill

3 minutes ago, CamboBill said:

Under no circumstances should we be giving up picks in 2019.  We are rebuilding this year and could wind up a bottom 10 team ... which would top 10 picks next year.  If we can get away with dealing picks only from this year's draft, I am more open to trading up.

The only QB worth moving into the top 5 for, MIGHT be Darn old.

So many here think only in terms of draft position as if #2 pick automatically makes the guy a franchise QB.

Is Rosen (or Allen) REALLY worth #12, #22, our 2 second rodeos AND next year's #1???

Insanity.

Rosen is the real deal.so yes, it's worth the cost. All day long, and twice on Sundays?

Edited by BuffAlone
  • Like (+1) 1

The only QB worth moving into the top 5 for, MIGHT be Darnold.

So many here think only in terms of draft position as if being  the #2 pick automatically makes the guy a franchise QB.

Is Rosen (or Allen) REALLY worth #12, #22, our 2 second rounders AND next year's #1???

Insanity.

And people said the same thing about Wentz that you are saying about Rosen.  So the reality is there are scouts that have Rosen at an over 90 grade. 

Under no circumstances should we be giving up picks in 2019.  We are rebuilding this year and could wind up a bottom 10 team ... which would top 10 picks next year.  If we can get away with dealing picks only from this year's draft, I am more open to trading up. Having that future pick is so much more important than a franchise QB

The only QB worth moving into the top 5 for, MIGHT be Darnold. Nonsense, who says that..you?

So many here think only in terms of draft position as if being  the #2 pick automatically makes the guy a franchise QB. No one says that

Is Rosen (or Allen) REALLY worth #12, #22, our 2 second rounders AND next year's #1??? Yes they very well might be

Insanity. Insanity is repeating the strategy of the past

It is not like we are trading up for Wentz. And you know this how?

It is THE PLAYER  that matters, not the draft position. After saying the above smh

All in all a brutal post!!

29 minutes ago, BuffAlone said:

Rosen is the real deal.so yes, it's worth the cost. All day long, and twice on Sundays?

I like Rosen well enough. I only worry about his lack of mobility and evasive Ness in the pocket.  However you do not trade two drafts away for the next Trent Green: (from NFL. Com) ....

Sources Tell Us

"He wasn't the guy everyone rallied around in college and you don't have to dig around for too long to find people who said he was hard to coach. He's definitely talented. Nobody questions that. But he's going to have to get grown men to buy into him as their leader. That is not a given." -- NFL Executive

NFL Comparison
Trent Green

Bottom Line
Josh Rosen's footwork and mechanics make him as pretty a quarterback as you will find in this year's draft. The biggest concern with Rosen is that his on-field success requires many elements to stay on schedule. He lacks plus arm strength, so identifying coverage (pre- and post-snap) and throwing with anticipation takes on added importance. Rosen has the pocket poise, accuracy and intelligence to become a good NFL starter, but he needs to be willing to take what defenses give him more frequently. Rosen will need to quell concerns surrounding leadership and coachability early on in order to establish a strong first impression and get his career off on the right foot.

Edited by CamboBill

7 minutes ago, CamboBill said:

I like Rosen well enough. I only worry about his lack of mobility and evasive Ness in the pocket.  However you do not trade two drafts away for the next Trent Green: (from NFL. Com) ....

Sources Tell Us

"He wasn't the guy everyone rallied around in college and you don't have to dig around for too long to find people who said he was hard to coach. He's definitely talented. Nobody questions that. But he's going to have to get grown men to buy into him as their leader. That is not a given." -- NFL Executive

NFL Comparison
Trent Green

Bottom Line
Josh Rosen's footwork and mechanics make him as pretty a quarterback as you will find in this year's draft. The biggest concern with Rosen is that his on-field success requires many elements to stay on schedule. He lacks plus arm strength, so identifying coverage (pre- and post-snap) and throwing with anticipation takes on added importance. Rosen has the pocket poise, accuracy and intelligence to become a good NFL starter, but he needs to be willing to take what defenses give him more frequently. Rosen will need to quell concerns surrounding leadership and coachability early on in order to establish a strong first impression and get his career off on the right foot.

Same People said Johnny Rehab was Doug Flutie.  See how STUPID NFL Comparisons ARE.

Winston was compared to Jamarcus Russell

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, CamboBill said:

Sources Tell Us

NFL Comparison
Trent Green

Bottom Line

Do you know from whom this nonsense came from directly over at NFL.com? I'd like to slap him one good time. Unless he's a her...then I'd just laugh even harder and say, "ok. She's as dumb as a box of rocks"

14 minutes ago, CamboBill said:

Sources Tell Us

NFL Comparison
Trent Green

Bottom Line

Yeah BEACUSE EVERY OTHER QB wont have to do the bolded right.  Such lazy takes Where is the rest of this report??? HMMMM Maybe

Like this:

Impeccable footwork and delivery balance

Excellent coordination between eyes and feet

Mechanics are terrific

Throws receivers open

best back shoulder thrower in the game

63% completion when blitzed

Edited by MAJBobby

16 minutes ago, CamboBill said:

Josh Rosen .. lacks plus arm strength, 

Josh Rosen was timed at a 57 MPH toss. 

Frame of reference: this is the same basic speed of Wentz or Goff, it's just barely slower than Mayfield. DeShaun Watson was timed at 49 MPH.  

Arm speed doesn't matter. It just doesn't matter. What matters is that the ball gets there before the DB can react to the ball and there's about a million ways that can happen. Here's one remarkable way: Throw to an open receiver. 

27 minutes ago, CamboBill said:

Sources Tell Us

NFL Comparison
Trent Green

Bottom Line

I'm not an expert, but I have to ask who writes these?  I mean from what I've watched given his penchant for fitting the football into tight windows arm strength and anticipation are not even questions.  To me there are really only two questions on Rosen.

1)  Durability - which technically is a question that can be discussed about all of the QB's coming in.

2)  The media-driven question about his coachability and leadership which probably is not even true.

I have no questions about his passing ability, processing and diagnosing what's in front of him, and his anticipation.  Not sure where that came from at all.

Edited by NewEraBills

7 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Yeah BEACUSE EVERY OTHER QB wont have to do the bolded right.  Such lazy takes Where is the rest of this report??? HMMMM Maybe

Like this:

Impeccable footwork and delivery balance

Excellent coordination between eyes and feet

Mechanics are terrific

Throws receivers open

best back shoulder thrower in the game

63% completion when blitzed

He is a good prospect .... footwork, accuracy etc .... I would love to take a flier on him.  but you cannot ignore the red flags either ... I am most bothered by his durability concerns,  combined with his inability to "escape" in the pocket . Even if you ignore the supposed character issues (which I do think are overblown) , you cannot ignore that he lacks elite arm strength, is a bit frail, and has a history of injuries (including concussions). 

Still worth a first round pick?  Absolutely.  

Worth two years worth of top picks?  No way.

2 minutes ago, CamboBill said:

He is a good prospect .... footwork, accuracy etc .... I would love to take a flier on him.  but you cannot ignore the red flags either ... I am most bothered by his durability concerns,  combined with his inability to "escape" in the pocket . Even if you ignore the supposed character issues (which I do think are overblown) , you cannot ignore that he lacks elite arm strength, is a bit frail, and has a history of injuries (including concussions). 

A "flier" on him? Good grief man, who would you want? If you got someone better deserving of a flier, please let us know so we can follow your logic

4 minutes ago, CamboBill said:

His arm is plenty fine.

The only flags I have on him are the durability

• Like (+1) 1