2018 NHL Playoffs

Mark Vader

Not the best game by the Sharks last night, but  they got the win and the sweep.

The Ducks decided to not just hit everyone and actually concentrated on hockey, and they ended up playing their best game of the series, but it was too little too late.

Great game by Martin Jones, who also had an outstanding overall series.

On to Las Vegas now, and the Sharks match up very well with the Golden Knights. Should be an exciting series.

Joe Thornton will more likely return for this series.

GO SHARKS!!!

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

Interesting post-game commentary tonight from Mike Milbury and Keith Jones.  After the Pens/Flyers snooze fest.

Keith Jones basically saying that the Flyers played in awe of the Penguins and for some reason are not approaching them in a physical manner like a fierce rivalry with some good old fashioned hatred.  His point being that if you are going to leave Crosby alone and not hammer him to death he will "eat you alive".

M.M. followed up by saying really tough, physical play is frowned upon now, you are going to get into trouble for going that route, and we just aren't going to see it anymore as in years past in his opinion.

I.E., both guys are basically saying the Flyers only shot at beating Pitt was to goon it up and really turn the series into a war, but for whatever reason they just didn't go there and the result is an easy series win (most likely) for the Penguins.

As someone who really misses physical hockey with fighting, their comments are really depressing.  But the game has changed, it's nothing new, and man, it has never been more boring.

Plenty of physicality from the Jets and Tampa has been laying it on the Devils. Watch Winnepeg next time they play at home, they wreck people.

Goon hockey isn't coming back but don't tell me you can't be physical and wear down talented players. 

Can one of these million teams down 3-1 make a miracle comeback.

The easy money says no chance, but you never know.

Each team that is down 3-1 has major issues that preclude them from even taking game 5, let alone making a miracle comeback.

For my Devils, missing 4 breakaways in game 4 has in all likelihood cemented their season and the John Tavares watch goes on high alert for them the second their final whistle blows. JVR is a close second for them.

i said it at the time, and Don Cherry went on for 3 minutes post-game about the two killer goals on the Leafs.

On a 2 on 1, the goalie is trained on the puck and relies 100% on the defenseman to cover for the other guy.

Both times the Leaf bozo defenseman wandered to the puck carrier and tic-tac-toe down 2-1 and then 3-1.

season over, thanks for coming out guys.

Flyers stay alive with a surprising game 5 win in Pittsburgh.

Can the Flyers STEAL game 6 at home to force a take all game 7?

My Devils season ends today. I will be STUNNED if they force a game 6. Tampa is simply the better team. Pretty obvious.

27 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Leafs still alive after barring the door as they like to do

i didn’t expect a win and it is great they survive so I didn’t have a breakdown watching it

did not see this game..so the Penquins and Bruins farting around losing closeout games..but think the Leafs have the better chance of actually winning the series. Did Kadri have an impact? Emotional lift?

Tampa Bay has become my most hated team in these playoffs now. Kucherov and Hedman need to be hit hard and often by their next opponent.

For the Devils.............. it's a JOHN watch now as they are either going hard for Tavares and/or Carlson as they have the cap space to do so. We shall see.

4 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

did not see this game..so the Penquins and Bruins farting around losing closeout games..but think the Leafs have the better chance of actually winning the series. Did Kadri have an impact? Emotional lift?

Bruins have scored a lot of total horseshit goals, like 38 seconds into game 4

leafs played well, some nice goals and sat back in total defensive and penalty kill mode and held out

the Bruins are easily the better team and I’d enjoy it but be surprised if the Leafs stole this series

You don’t fart around with a home game to eliminate a team.....

On 4/22/2018 at 10:15 AM, row_33 said:

Bruins have scored a lot of total horseshit goals, like 38 seconds into game 4

leafs played well, some nice goals and sat back in total defensive and penalty kill mode and held out

the Bruins are easily the better team and I’d enjoy it but be surprised if the Leafs stole this series

You don’t fart around with a home game to eliminate a team.....

I'm starting to think I overestimated the Bruins. I agree 100% that the Bruins should have closed it out. The Leafs are pretty average on the backend and were there to be had. Now I think the Bruins have made this much more difficult than it should have been. Or at least more than I thought anyway. 

Leafs have a realistic shot now.

On 4/20/2018 at 9:59 PM, Mark Vader said:

Avalanche stay alive with a hard fought win in Nashville.

Still don't see the Predators losing this series though.

Done! Any idea when the west quarters will start? I've heard maybe Thursday? 

1 hour ago, Dante said:

I'm starting to think I overestimated the Bruins. I agree 100% that the Bruins should have closed it out. The Leafs are pretty average on the backend and were there to be had. Now I think the Bruins have made this much more difficult than it should have been. Or at least more than I thought anyway. 

Leafs have a realistic shot now.

that's a very kind thing to say about the Leafs D.

bad news in town today, lets win one for morale tonight!

Caps win 6-3.  Win 4 in a row after spotting CBJ 2 games.  

Next opponent  Pens.  

On 4/9/2018 at 8:39 AM, ShadyBillsFan said:

Where exactly is Colombus?     ;)

Washington over Columbus in 5 

On 4/9/2018 at 9:44 AM, BuffaloBud said:

Shady - any thoughts on a friendly wager?  Columbus over Washington in 6.

On 4/9/2018 at 10:37 AM, ShadyBillsFan said:

Sure...  I'll admit I was wrong!  

It was 6 but by the Caps.  Cheers ?    :beer:

• Like (+1) 1

Bruins are in trouble. Rick Nash suffers from NBS. (No Balls Syndrome) I don’t care how many times he gets an open shot or makes a nice looking move, evidence shows he won’t hit the shot! Bring up Donato. 

Pasta, Marchand need to stop attempting to be cute. Tukka you still suck. Bruce shuffle the lines please. 40 shots looks nice on the box score but your guys aren’t generating quality chances.

Nice win for Toronto and their fans tonight, they deserved it and needed it. Stay strong. Anderson needs one more good game. 

1 minute ago, Commonsense said:

Bruins are in trouble. Rick Nash suffers from NBS. (No Balls Syndrome) I don’t care how many times he gets an open shot or makes a nice looking move, evidence shows he won’t hit the shot! Bring up Donato. 

Pasta, Marchand need to stop attempting to be cute. Tukka you still suck. Bruce shuffle the lines please. 40 shots looks nice on the box score but your guys aren’t generating quality chances.

Nice win for Toronto and their fans tonight, they deserved it and needed it. Stay strong. Anderson needs one more good game. 

I don't watch the east a lot so I don't know much about the Bruins. To me they seem kinda one note.  Marchand and Bergeron and a bunch of grinders. No dman that can jump up and join the rush. At least not effectively.

They certainly are not a quick team.

Goalie isn't great. 

I feel any team that can roll out 4 decent lines can beat them. 

9 hours ago, Dante said:

I don't watch the east a lot so I don't know much about the Bruins. To me they seem kinda one note.  Marchand and Bergeron and a bunch of grinders. No dman that can jump up and join the rush. At least not effectively.

They certainly are not a quick team.

Goalie isn't great. 

I feel any team that can roll out 4 decent lines can beat them. 

Charlie is a young play making D but since coming back from injury he hasn’t been the same. Reilly, Anderson, and then Debrusk. Those three players have stood out all series. Game 7 will be fun but I’m not confident in anything but the game going over for total goals scored. 

7 hours ago, njbuff said:

Are the Bruins in panic mode or can they regroup in game 7?

Toronto has a tidal wave of momentum now and they might be hard to stop.

Gotta love that Toronto team. Mitch Marner is just great! Sabres have many miles to go to get anywhere near this good 

3 hours ago, Sweats said:

Happy at least the Leafs made a series of it.

Anything can happen in game 7.....it’s anybodys series at this point.

both cities are going to play terrorist sympathy card....

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, row_33 said:

both cities are going to play terrorist sympathy card....

Deja Vu all over again. Toronto in Boston for a game 7. 

After game 4, I wouldn't have given Toronto a chance. Now the Bruins showing some holes. I think the Leafs definitely have the mo. Bruins at home and the Leafs may have not learned how to win yet.

I think Patty will have a big game. Playoff clutch. Not sure if that's enough though. 

This is what it's all about. Game 7 with no prohibitive favorite.

Good luck to the many Leaf fans I know. You to row_33! :D

2 hours ago, Dante said:

Deja Vu all over again. Toronto in Boston for a game 7. 

After game 4, I wouldn't have given Toronto a chance. Now the Bruins showing some holes. I think the Leafs definitely have the mo. Bruins at home and the Leafs may have not learned how to win yet.

I think Patty will have a big game. Playoff clutch. Not sure if that's enough though. 

This is what it's all about. Game 7 with no prohibitive favorite.

Good luck to the many Leaf fans I know. You to row_33! :D

Toronto will explode in joy with a win

i'd want 2:1 odds though on the Leafs winning

Raptors are in town tomorrow at the same time, and the Red Sox are playing here as well

i'm still kinda ticked that we've only seen Boston a few times in the last 50 years in the playoffs, it was an abomination for the Leafs to get chained to that STL/CHI/DET/MINN garbage division and away from the Habs and B's.

10 hours ago, BillsPride12 said:

This has gotta be agonizing for Capital fans at this point lol

no more than Pats* ve Bills.  

Thursday, April 26

• The start time of Game 1 of the Second Round series between the Pittsburgh Penguins and Washington Capitals has been set for 7 p.m. ET on Thursday, April 26, in Washington. The game will be televised on NBCSN in the U.S.    In Canada, the game will be on CBC, Sportsnet and TVA Sports.

15 hours ago, row_33 said:

Toronto will explode in joy with a win

i'd want 2:1 odds though on the Leafs winning

Raptors are in town tomorrow at the same time, and the Red Sox are playing here as well

i'm still kinda ticked that we've only seen Boston a few times in the last 50 years in the playoffs, it was an abomination for the Leafs to get chained to that STL/CHI/DET/MINN garbage division and away from the Habs and B's.

First time since football season bring the second TV down . Leafs and Raptors at the same time, that sucks for Toronto fans. 

Plus we have the Cav-Pacers on at the same time...hmm, might have to become my own sports bar and get a 3rd tv going tonight