2018 NHL Playoffs

Mark Vader

1 hour ago, Commonsense said:

Take the over and collect the check! Let’s go Bruins!! 

I just do not bet hockey, but dang..Bovada has 71 bets you can make on this game!

they have the over 5 1/2..seems high for a game 7, but that is just based on gut feeling. Wonder what the research shows on totals in game 7's. 

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

First time since football season bring the second TV down . Leafs and Raptors at the same time, that sucks for Toronto fans. 

Plus we have the Cav-Pacers on at the same time...hmm, might have to become my own sports bar and get a 3rd tv going tonight

Leafs are 99% of the alleged heart and soul of Toronto sports fans.  Especially a game 7.

And the Leafs are scrappy underdogs, unlike the gutless quitter kitties in the hoops jerseys.

10 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

I just do not bet hockey, but dang..Bovada has 71 bets you can make on this game!

they have the over 5 1/2..seems high for a game 7, but that is just based on gut feeling. Wonder what the research shows on totals in game 7's. 

probably goes to triple overtime

33 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Rask is worse at home and has something like a 880 save percentage in game 7. Anderson has been out of his mind I don’t see that holding up and the Bruins are do to hit a few less posts and a few more strings. 

17 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

Rask is worse at home and has something like a 880 save percentage in game 7. Anderson has been out of his mind I don’t see that holding up and the Bruins are do to hit a few less posts and a few more strings. 

The only question is if the Bruins can score on Anderson from 50 feet out just flicking it towards the net.... they've done so a few times already

2 minutes ago, row_33 said:

The only question is if the Bruins can score on Anderson from 50 feet out just flicking it towards the net.... they've done so a few times already

Marchand and Pasta are due. They will be flying around tonight. I have no idea who will win, I don’t trust Rask. He hasn’t seen the puck well the past few games he got lucky a few of them hit him directly in the pads. 

The Bruins D scares no one, Babcock has them taking advantage of Krug every time he is in the ice. Closer to 9 goals scored tonight than 6. 

22 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

Marchand and Pasta are due. They will be flying around tonight. I have no idea who will win, I don’t trust Rask. He hasn’t seen the puck well the past few games he got lucky a few of them hit him directly in the pads. 

The Bruins D scares no one, Babcock has them taking advantage of Krug every time he is in the ice. Closer to 9 goals scored tonight than 6. 

hope it's a good game, not decided cheap, overtime is always an awesome way to finish a game 7

19 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

so looks like 6 goals or more have been scored in 17 of 53 game 7's since 2006. Not sure if that is relevant or not, I am not sure to look up how many hit the over at say 5..but just some food for thought

Babcock plays Katy Bar the Door all the time, game 7's are like walking on eggs, nobody wants to be caught in a counter-attack

then again it might become wide open river hockey

7 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

so looks like 6 goals or more have been scored in 17 of 53 game 7's since 2006. Not sure if that is relevant or not, I am not sure to look up how many hit the over at say 5..but just some food for thought

Good stuff. I looked up a bunch of stuff from this series last night. 

All three games in Boston have gone over. A huge discrepancy in penalties called in Boston vs. in Toronto. Will they swallow the whistle in game 7? Sure that is possible.

Even if they do Rask is horrible in 7’s and IIRC Anderson was also under .900. Two choking pigs playing a must win, I can’t see this playing out as a clean 2-1 type of game. 

16 minutes ago, row_33 said:

hope it's a good game, not decided cheap, overtime is always an awesome way to finish a game 7

Babcock plays Katy Bar the Door all the time, game 7's are like walking on eggs, nobody wants to be caught in a counter-attack

then again it might become wide open river hockey

I would think this is the way the Leafs would like it. It's their style. A grind it out physical game I don't think they can win that way.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Dante said:

I would think this is the way the Leafs would like it. It's their style. A grind it out physical game I don't think they can win that way.

Killing it with the stretch pass and eating the icings. It’s how they got back in the series I don’t see it stopping. Rask got hot at the end of the last game the leafs could have broken that one open.

27 minutes ago, Dante said:

Early Leafs goal and they'll try to rag and stall the last 57 minutes.

Crazy game. Patty coming through like I figured. Not over Leafs getting lots of open ice. Man, that Bruin defense is there to be exploited with a little speed. Good thing Chara has a long reach otherwise he would be nothing more than a pylon. I would be dumping it in on his side all the time. 

GO SHARKS!

Edited by Dante

watching both games , will post thoughts in a bit

(edit)I thought the over was done at end of first.but no way was I gonna jinx it for Commonsense. Not a good call on his part..A FRIGGEN GREAT CALL!

The bet done 3 minutes into the 2nd...that is freaking impressive!

Edited by plenzmd1
  • Like (+1) 1

common had this whole game pretty well nailed..count me VERY impressed.

And Doc just burying the dagger ever deeper into the Leafs. Love that guy.

BTW, as much as I hate the Leafs, the fact they had to play the Bruins in the first round is a complete joke.

And the Leafs and Sabres still tied for series win since 2007

Edited by plenzmd1

11 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

common had this whole game pretty well nailed..count me VERY impressed.

And Doc just burying the dagger ever deeper into the Leafs. Love that guy.

BTW, as much as I hate the Leafs, the fact they had to play the Bruins in the first round is a complete joke.

And the Leafs and Sabres still tied for series win since 2007

Thanks. That was a great watch. Tampa will be fun. 

Best time of year, playoffs and a shitload of draft picks for the Bills. Catch yahs tomorrow.

I didn't think the Leafs were that bad on the back end.

The Devils will now have some competition for John Carlson come July 1st.

The Devils are going hard for Tavares or they are going package deal with JVR and John Carlson. That is the scuttlebutt.

If the Devils sign Tavares, they will be going on the trade market for OEL.

4 hours ago, Sweats said:

And the Leafs blew it again.

They should start looking at shoring up their defense......horrendous comes to mind at that fiasco last night.

Go ahead, I'm a Leafs fan

they lost to a far better team, rallied well to come back from down 3-1

2 hours ago, row_33 said:

I think this is fan, post-game depression resulting in delusion. The Bruins are NOT a far better team. They are marginally better. Bruins D is average. Goalie is kinda mental/erratic. Like stated before. Leafs are a couple competent (not all-star caliber) dmen away from beating Boston. To go even farther than them they might need a solid power forward as well not sure. 

I am an objective observer as a Shark fan. Not really watching the east to much I depend on Sirius NHL for a lot of info that way. All I have heard all year is how great Boston is. Well, from the 7 games I watched, they ain't all that. Totally beatable. Leafs do a couple adds in the offseason they beat the Bruins if they meet next year.

Anderson let in too many weak goals against the Bruins, the two last goals were really weak last night.

A shot from a distance just happened to hit him early in the game, it would otherwise have gone in without him having a clue.

it's year two of the rebuild of the team, they will address a glaring weakness or two in the offseason

4 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Anderson let in too many weak goals against the Bruins, the two last goals were really weak last night.

A shot from a distance just happened to hit him early in the game, it would otherwise have gone in without him having a clue.

it's year two of the rebuild of the team, they will address a glaring weakness or two in the offseason

True he was weak. Good news is goalies are not expensive these days. Have to look at free agents over the summer to see who is available. 

34 minutes ago, Dante said:

True he was weak. Good news is goalies are not expensive these days. Have to look at free agents over the summer to see who is available. 

He stands on his head most games but lets in cheap goals as well.

I'm happy with him in net for next season, not calling him an immortal at this stage.

The D has to be the focus for adding players for the offseason.

23 hours ago, row_33 said:

Boston wasn’t the better team. They were both scarily evenly matched 

If the Leafs knew anything about defense, they’d have won the game....pure and simple, my friend 

8 minutes ago, Sweats said:

Boston wasn’t the better team. They were both scarily evenly matched 

If the Leafs knew anything about defense, they’d have won the game....pure and simple, my friend 

We will agree to disagree.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Wacka said:

A bar I pass every day has a sign saying "Golf Leafs Golf!"

Its a total reconstruction project based on the  Devils and Red Wings success from the neutral zone trap and Katy Bar the Door with any lead. Not the most exciting way to play and is usually outshot even with a win. 

Thats two years of building and its getting there on schedule hopefully for the Leafs.

Edited by row_33

Well the optimistic side of me says that Sharks were negatively affected by the long lay off. The Knights loved it. The pessimistic side of me says we can't hang with these guys. I know the next game the Sharks will be better. But even at that, will it be good enough? I've learned not to count them out of anything. Not a good look last night though that's for sure. 

Edited by Dante

22 minutes ago, Dante said:

Well the optimistic side of me says that Sharks were negatively affected by the long lay off. The Knights loved it. The pessimistic side of me says we can't hang with these guys. I know the next game the Sharks will be better. But even at that, will it be good enough? I've learned not to count them out of anything. Not a good look last night though that's for sure. 

momentum and the effects of time off are impossible to tell, always shaken off by the next goal in the NHL

the announcers love to dwell on it, endlessly though....