2018 NHL Playoffs

Mark Vader

2 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

not bitching just wandering if I saw it correct.    I was having signal issues with the heavy rains last night

I recently  became a fan of the team but after the last 2 seasons  I will just say that come playoff time   - they suck    

They always destroy the Bruins so maybe that's why I always fall for their talent. I hope they win game 3. The ole lady got Washington to win the cup in a playoff pool. 

8 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

Golden Knights up 3-0.

Kings are tough, but I don't know if they can win four straight.

This has been a great series. Las Vegas has won every game, but it has been a war.

It's been tough. I really was hoping this one to go the distance. Doesn't look that way now.

Nice Mark. Where are you sitting?

I hate to get too confident. But Ducks D, especially without Fowler, look very old and vulnerable. Bieska and Beauchemin look done. I bet they wish now they never traded Vatenann away. Montour is pretty good but after that, it's really, really thin. 

As far as their forwards go, Getzlaf is still elite but his partner Perry is underperforming. They have Rakell and that's it. 

Sharks roll out 4 lines that are all capable and all have good to great speed. 

We will see Mark but how would a Sharks/Knights series look? Two similar teams going at each other. The games this season between them were entertaining.

Edited by Dante

I have had a blast watching Boston completely own the Laughs.

In particular, every time there is a puck in the corner up for grabs and a Bruin and Leaf are going for it, I have enjoyed immensely watching the Leaf player bail out so as to avoid physical contact.

They will win nothing with players like that.

:lol:

5 minutes ago, Dante said:

The devil vs tampa game was crazy the  last periods 

The underdogs are showing a pulse. Let’s see if these underdog teams can turn their respective series completely around.

And Hedman should be suspended for game 4 for his dirty spear to the balls of Hischier.

8 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

Sharks in complete control tonight. 8 goals by 8 different players.

Ducks getting outplayed, and they look finished.

I'm not celebrating yet, but the Sharks have been sharp this whole series.

Up and down the line up everyone is on the same page. Ducks pressed but paid the price almost every time by the Sharks speed.

Ducks really should be ashamed of themselves the way they behaved in the 3rd period.

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, row_33 said:

textbook Babcockian subtle interference carries the game in a must-win for the Leafs.  No hope they take the series but hopefully they win another game.

Most of the controversy seemed to be around Plekanec and how much he really wanted to play. From what I saw he was mostly invisible but his linemates Marleau and Marner shined. Marleau got two and I teased my son that they had to import a former Shark to get anything done! Not received well of course. :D

Edited by Dante

Leafs will gladly take any talented Shark in the offseason!!

Need another star forward and some D that clutches and grabs to fit the Lou/Babcock system...

Moore and Brown are always my must-watch players these days....

1 hour ago, Dante said:

Up and down the line up everyone is on the same page. Ducks pressed but paid the price almost every time by the Sharks speed.

Ducks really should be ashamed of themselves the way they behaved in the 3rd period.

Yes, that was pathetic. All the slashing late in the game and Corey Perry is a punk for what he was doing.

To answer your previous question, I'll be in Section 217. Sitting in my friends club level seats. Club level without the amenities. Still, it's a great view. It will be a great time, and the Tank will be electric.

I look forward to seeing who will open the doors for the Sharks when they come out of their dressing room.

Edited by Mark Vader

43 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Yes, that was pathetic. All the slashing late in the game and Corey Perry is a punk for what he was doing.

To answer your previous question, I'll be in Section 217. Sitting in my friends club level seats. Club level without the amenities. Still, it's a great view. It will be a great time, and the Tank will be electric.

I look forward to seeing who will open the doors for the Sharks when they come out of their dressing room.

Sounds like Buffalo for the club seats, used to go....

2 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

Good for you Mark. Nice score of the club seats! Up until this year, a supplier of ours used to be good for at least one set of playoff game tix (sometimes 2). This year they didn't get them. I guess the package they had to get was too much. Not sure but anyway, this year I had to buy them!!! Oh, the horror! Don't care though I can't wait. Center ice. row 20 section 115.

Usually, I'm not for rubbing it into a team when they are beaten. Well, last night I was all for it. As I am for game 4. Ducks still think it's 2007 when they can pull shite like they did last night and intimidate with hack play.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, row_33 said:

Leafs will gladly take any talented Shark in the offseason!!

Need another star forward and some D that clutches and grabs to fit the Lou/Babcock system...

Moore and Brown are always my must-watch players these days....

Wayne Simmonds would be a nice fit. That kinda of guy. Expensive I imagine .

On 4/17/2018 at 8:20 AM, Dante said:

Most of the controversy seemed to be around Plekanec and how much he really wanted to play. From what I saw he was mostly invisible but his linemates Marleau and Marner shined. Marleau got two and I teased my son that they had to import a former Shark to get anything done! Not received well of course. :D

My sister is still upset that the Sharks let Marleau go.

It was sad, but the youth movement was happening, and it was either Marleau or Thornton.

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

My sister is still upset that the Sharks let Marleau go.

It was sad, but the youth movement was happening, and it was either Marleau or Thornton.

So you to with the Marleau thing!  My wife was heartbroken when he left. She loves him. I'm afraid she is going to become a Leaf fan because he's there. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

Lots of one-sided series so far, where you can pretty much tell who is going to win.

Playoffs have been disappointing in that regard.

Blowouts can be boring for the casual fan.    

Thats why the CAPS do it right.  One or two goals a period and OT every game.  

:D

Interesting post-game commentary tonight from Mike Milbury and Keith Jones.  After the Pens/Flyers snooze fest.

Keith Jones basically saying that the Flyers played in awe of the Penguins and for some reason are not approaching them in a physical manner like a fierce rivalry with some good old fashioned hatred.  His point being that if you are going to leave Crosby alone and not hammer him to death he will "eat you alive".

M.M. followed up by saying really tough, physical play is frowned upon now, you are going to get into trouble for going that route, and we just aren't going to see it anymore as in years past in his opinion.

I.E., both guys are basically saying the Flyers only shot at beating Pitt was to goon it up and really turn the series into a war, but for whatever reason they just didn't go there and the result is an easy series win (most likely) for the Penguins.

As someone who really misses physical hockey with fighting, their comments are really depressing.  But the game has changed, it's nothing new, and man, it has never been more boring.