Best bar in Buffalo to watch the draft

Where is a good spot to watch the draft from? I’m looking at hotels online but I want to be walking distance from wherever I’m hanging out at. I was thinking 716 but I don’t really want to spend 200 bucks to stay at the Marriott, although that probably would be the best spot. Thoughts?

Edited by Seanbillsfan2206

31 minutes ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

Where is a good spot to watch the draft from? I’m looking at hotels online but I want to be walking distance from wherever I’m hanging out at. I was thinking 716 but I don’t really want to spend 200 bucks to stay at the Marriott, although that probably would be the best spot. Thoughts?

Find a cheaper hotel further up main, like the Hyatt or Holiday Inn, then take the free train down to 716.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

Where are you traveling from that you have to get a hotel?

maybe Riverwoks downtown... if you have to go near the hotel in Cheektowaga maybe Dave and Busters at the mall 

12 minutes ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

The more I’m looking, I’m thinking the TGI Friday’s by the galaria mall. Hampton inn right next to it for 100 bucks a night. Or is that lame?

3 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Where are you traveling from that you have to get a hotel?

maybe Riverwoks downtown... if you have to go near the hotel in Cheektowaga maybe Dave and Busters at the mall 

I’m coming from Olean NY, about an hour and a half south of the stadium. I’m going to the draft party Friday night so I figured I’d come up a day early to watch day 1 somewhere.

2 minutes ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

I’m coming from Olean NY, about an hour and a half south of the stadium. I’m going to the draft party Friday night so I figured I’d come up a day early to watch day 1 somewhere.

Ok I know where olean is ...

if you have to stay In Cheektowaga maybe Dave and Busters at the mall or maybe the 33 speak easy which is in right down the street pretty much 

it probably wouldn't be too hard to catch an Uber to 716 or Buffalo Riverworks if you wanted 

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Ok I know where olean is ...

if you have to stay In Cheektowaga maybe Dave and Busters at the mall or maybe the 33 speak easy which is in right down the street pretty much 

it probably wouldn't be too hard to catch an Uber to 716 or Buffalo Riverworks if you wanted 

I don’t necessarily have to stay in Cheektowaga, I’m just not very familiar with downtown Buffalo. I know where the key bank center is and that’s about it. I totally forgot about Dave and busters being in the mall though. Are they open late?

2 minutes ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

I don’t necessarily have to stay in Cheektowaga, I’m just not very familiar with downtown Buffalo. I know where the key bank center is and that’s about it. I totally forgot about Dave and busters being in the mall though. Are they open late?

I believe they are usually open to atleast 11 maybe 12... the mall has a host of places like D&Bs or Bar Louie 

716 is pretty much down the street from key bank center and Riverworks isn't too far away

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I believe they are usually open to atleast 11 maybe 12... the mall has a host of places like D&Bs or Bar Louie 

716 is pretty much down the street from key bank center and Riverworks isn't too far away

Awesome thank you

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

The more I’m looking, I’m thinking the TGI Friday’s by the galaria mall. Hampton inn right next to it for 100 bucks a night. Or is that lame?

That might be the lamest thing I have ever heard..and I ain't being sarcastic.

Stay downtown at a 3 and half star hotel for $75 on Priceline, go to 716 or river works. If you are not sure how to use priceline and the express deal feature, PM and I can help ya walk through it.

At vert worst, hotel would be a $7 Uber ride each way

Edited by plenzmd1
  • Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

That might be the lamest thing I have ever heard..and I ain't being sarcastic.

Stay downtown at a 3 and half star hotel for $75 on Priceline, go to 716 or river works. If you are not sure how to use priceline and the express deal feature, PM and I can help ya walk through it.

At vert worst, hotel would be a $7 Uber ride each way

I’ve actually been looking on Priceline to get an idea on what hotels I’m deciding on. I don’t like the idea of them picking a random hotel for me though

9 hours ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

Good God man, don't go to Dave and Busters. Stay downtown and go to 716

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

I’ve actually been looking on Priceline to get an idea on what hotels I’m deciding on. I don’t like the idea of them picking a random hotel for me though

Pick the most stars that you can afford on Priceline and you will get a decent place. 

1 hour ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

There are ways to know what hotel you will get. PLuys, I have been staying at Priceline name your own price/express deals for at least 10 years, at least 10 times per year, and have only been disappointed maybe two times where i thought the star level was off.

Put it to you this way..you are willing to spend $100 and go to TGI Friday by a freaking mall , how bad can a hotel , any hotel, in downtown Buffalo be compared to that?

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, plenzmd1 said:

There are ways to know what hotel you will get. PLuys, I have been staying at Priceline name your own price/express deals for at least 10 years, at least 10 times per year, and have only been disappointed maybe two times where i thought the star level was off.

Put it to you this way..you are willing to spend $100 and go to TGI Friday by a freaking mall , how bad can a hotel , any hotel, in downtown Buffalo be compared to that?

Some parts of Buffalo are ghetto as ****

I would say Magaddino's. They have all the TVs plus a nice menu.

You can order Squealer on a Slab, which is of course pork loin baked on a cedar plank.

Or the Skewered Stool Pigeon which is a fresh never frozen Cornish game hen that was strangled to order and then cooked on a spit with herbs.

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
10 hours ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

I would think the Amherst Ale House may be a good spot.  Anchor Bar on Maple isn't attentive to sporting events so avoid that place.  Definitely don't go to Friday's.  Actually a really good spot might be Elmo's on Millersport Highway.  Kalil Mack and other UB athletes used to and still go to Elmo's.  It should be a good atmosphere and they have great wings.  Get the double dipped cajun wings.

Edited by K-GunJimKelly12

6 minutes ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

You can order Squealer on a Slab, which is of course pork loin baked on a cedar plank.

Or the Skewered Stool Pigeon which is a fresh never frozen Cornish game hen that was strangled to order and then cooked on a spit with herbs.

Seems legit ?

2 minutes ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

I would think the Amherst Ale House may be a good spot.  Anchor Bar Maple isn't attentive to sporting events so avoid that place.  Definitely don't go to Friday's.  Actually the a really good spot might be Elmo's on Millersport Highway.  Kalil Mack and other UB athletes used to and still go to Elmo's.  It should be a good atmosphere and they have great wings.  Get the double dipped cajun wings.

The thought of double dipped Cajun wings just made my pants tighter

11 minutes ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

Some parts of Buffalo are ghetto as ****

Tis true, there are some scary wary parts of the big bad city!!!!! Hampton by the Mall, endless apps at a TGI with mom and the soccer kids...awesome time! Go for it!!!

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

I'll have mine with some fava beans and a stiff chianti pfftpfftpfftpfftppftt lol meanie :-D

• Haha (+1) 1

You could stay at I believe it's the holiday Inn by the right aid by Delaware and north... then you could go to the Lennox Grill (or just stay at the Lennox Hotel) around the corner on north... should be a lot of other bars around there too... there's that Irish bar on the corner of Delaware and Allen which is right down the street... I think it's called mcgruders or something... always was pretty comfortable place to chill. Both of those have good size bars... or you could stay by main and transit and go to the brew pub...

Edited by akcash
  • Like (+1) 2

11 hours ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

If this is what you're thinking, then stay home, get a 12-pack and order a pizza...

• Haha (+1) 1