Who's the one player you want in the draft that's not a QB?

McBean

7 hours ago, McBean said:

Realistically speaking...

I would love Will Hernandez OG UTEP.

I think this guy is going to be a pro bowl guard and would really help out this offensive line. Ducasse sucks and so does Mills. I think we definitely need to address the offensive line.

My alternate would be Billy Price. He's versatile and screams 10+ year pro bowler.

What about you?

Not a first rounder ... but Shaq Griffin .... the lb with a missing hand would be a great pick. Supposedly will go in round 4.  immense talent, great story, and fantastic character. Nothing to dislike.

6 hours ago, purple haze said:

Roquan Smith.

a three down, sideline to sideline LB with high end athletic ability, a history of production and, at times, dominance against the best competition in the country.

this

Star`s baby brother,later pick that could bloom under  BB watch or guidance

• Lowell Lotulelei, NT, Utah 
    Height: 6-2. Weight: 315. Arm: 33. 
    Projected 40 Time: 5.40. 
    Projected Round (2018): 6-FA. 

3/25/18: In 2017, Lotulelei had 16 tackles with a pass batted and 1.5 sacks. He is a plugger nose tackle, but he doesn't make stops in the ground game and lacks an ability to contribute in the pass rush. 

9/1/17: Lotulelei notched 28 tackles with 8.5 for a loss and 3.5 sacks in 2016. He is run-stuffing nose tackle for the NFL, but doesn't offer a lot of pass-rush contributions. The younger brother of Star Lotulelei, Lowell Lotulelei had 33 tackles with four sacks and a forced fumble in 2014 as a freshman. He is a strong nose tackle at the point of attack. In 2015, Lotulelei had 26 tackles with five for a loss and one sack. He could be limited as a nose tackle who comes off the field in passing situations.

•  

2 hours ago, CamboBill said:

Not a first rounder ... but Shaq Griffin .... the lb with a missing hand would be a great pick. Supposedly will go in round 4.  immense talent, great story, and fantastic character. Nothing to dislike.

I think he has the athletic ability and motivation  to overcome any disadvantage. I think at the right spot it would be worth a shot. I think he is someone who could break the mold. His amazing athleticism and his will to prove people wrong all this way is so impressive. 

He has that hate to lose competitiveness that is underrated imo. I wish him well, I think his play speaks volumes. He is a hunter.

Answering the question in the OP, I'd go with Roquan Smith. I simply think he's a stud at possibly the biggest weakness on the roster right now and maybe the 2nd most important position on a McDermott team.

Some other candidates at various positions:

HB: Ronald Jones

WR: DJ Moore

D-Line: Nathan Shepard/Harold Landry

8 hours ago, Mr_Robotulism said:

Tremaine Edmund's will be effective as Aaron Maybin

2 minutes in the penalty box for: 1) spelling the dude's last name with an apostrophe - WTF?  2) making a completely unfounded take

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Roquan would be an outstanding get, but given we're likely using 12+++ on a QB it's extremely unlikely. 

I'd love to see us get a Billy Price or Will Hernandez in the 2nd if we're lucky enough they're still available. I think we can wait until our 2nd 2nd rounder or even 3rd to get a WR as there's pretty good depth in this class. 

11 hours ago, Bobby Hooks said:

You’ve never given my football knowledge the respect it deserved. 

No, btw, my buddy is a 9ers fan and he’s bummed that’s who they think they’ll take. 

I dont agree with him, i think it would be an excellent nab for them. 

I didn’t realize this was a therapy session.

BTdubbs....James can play safety, corner and even LB if needed. He’d be great for dudes (or dudettes LMAFOAOADFOLAO) like Gronk. He’s very versatile and a real hybrid player.

And as you know, I’m always about BPA. 

I even wrote wrote a rap about it.

Hey, uh, yeah, uh

Football’s like a game

It’s not lame or plain like jane

I like yogurt ya dig

After sex I have a cig

After smoke I have some Chex

After Chex I wanna play

When it comes to the draft always go BPA

BPA MUTH!@#$A BPA!!!

BPA MUTHA!@#$A BPA!!!

Edited by Jay_Fixit
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Jay_Fixit said:

I didn’t realize this was a therapy session.

BTdubbs....James can play safety, corner and even LB if needed. He’d be great for dudes (or dudettes LMAFOAOADFOLAO) like Gronk. He’s very versatile and a real hybrid player.

And as you know, I’m always about BPA. 

I even wrote wrote a rap about it.

Hey, uh, yeah, uh

Football’s like a game

It’s not lame or plain or jane

I like yogurt ya dig

After sex I have a cig

After smoke I have some Chex

After Chex I wanna play

When it comes to the draft always go BPA

BPA MUTH!@#$A BPA!!!

BPA MUTHA!@#$A BPA!!!

that's a helluva rap - do you have an agent yet?