NDT Scouting 2018 Top 150 Draft Board

2018 NFL Draft | Composite Top 150 Big Board | NDT Scouting
It is finished! Both Kyle Crabbs and Joe Marino have published their 2018 NFL Draft publications. Kyle’s 2018 NFL Draft Prospectus and Joe’s 2018 NFL Draft Prospect Portfolio feature a top 300 big board, each sorting the prospects as Kyle and Joe see fit. Here, we combine the two sets of rankings to provide a blended board.

Averaging the unique ratings from both Kyle and Joe, here are Kyle and Joe’s composite top 150 prospects eligible for the 2018 NFL Draft:

ym81j.jpg

• Thank you (+1) 1

Tremaine Edmunds... does anyone else have an issue with giving a heavy contract to a guy that will be 23 when his first contract comes up? You will be paying to teach this very young man how to play football and then he'll almost certainly leave for better money. 

(fair enough: I've never seen him play and all I know are his stunning numbers.) I just think football minds are going to look at that age and realize what it means financially and push him down the line. Just an immense, immense amount of risk to me.

9 minutes ago, Augie said:

Darnold at 44 behind Lamar Jackson at 41. Hmmmm.....

"Good News, Bad News" for Browns...

Good News...you've got the #1 overall pick

Bad News...try picking the QB who won't be a bust

Not the worst thing having the Bills picking further on down, considering the boom/bust factor is huge in a lot of these QB prospects. There will be a LOT of pressure on who the Browns end up picking.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Virgil said:

Hard to pay much attention to a list that has a Guard as the #1 prospect. 

In most scouting circles Nelson is seen as the can't miss prospect from this draft. They're not saying he's worthy of the #1 overall pick, just that he is the best overall player.

• Like (+1) 2

50 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Hard to pay much attention to a list that has a Guard as the #1 prospect. 

He might just be based purely on his draft grade.  That doesn't mean he'll be drafted 1st overall. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

In most scouting circles Nelson is seen as the can't miss prospect from this draft. They're not saying he's worthy of the #1 overall pick, just that he is the best overall player.

Yeah, they say he’s a can’t miss, sure fire 12 year Pro Bowl player. I’d LOVE to have him, if we were not so needy in other ways. 

6 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Josh Allen at #125. The 7th ranked QB in the draft. 

THAT makes me appreciate them a little more. I hope Cleveland doesn’t read that....

Just now, HappyDays said:

Their really bold predictions are ranking Jackson ahead of Darnold and Lauletta ahead of Rudolph.

Lauletta doesn't surprise me. 

Everything I read says he's got the accuracy and intanigbles to eventually be a starter in the NFL in the right system.

I think Lauletta goes in the late 2nd, early 3rd round. I see a lot of Andy Dalton in Lauletta. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Augie said:

Jackson has done far more than dahnold. There are a lot of flags with dahnold specifically the throwing motion and turnovers. I think Jackson has about as good a chance as any of them but he needs to go to someone who will tailor the offense like watson. Philly isn’t complaining after changing the offense to foles at the end of the year. 

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Jackson has done far more than dahnold. There are a lot of flags with dahnold specifically the throwing motion and turnovers. I think Jackson has about as good a chance as any of them but he needs to go to someone who will tailor the offense like watson. Philly isn’t complaining after changing the offense to foles at the end of the year. 

I fully agree that good coaches should adapt to their talent. In this case they get to pick the talent. I won’t pretend to be the QB guru, but Jackson’s accuracy and 13 on the Wonderlic concern me. That, and he has his mother for his agent....not an intelligent choice. I’d hope for a better decision for a QB. Time will tell... 

1 hour ago, Augie said:

Darnold & Allen are the biggest reaches in this draft. One cant throw a 5 & out, the other is a turnover machine. Jackson with the right coaching staff, can be better then Watson... Mayfield & Rosen are just studs. NDT is a great reliable source. They got this one right

1 hour ago, joesixpack said:

Who are these clowns anyway?

NDT is a creditable scouting source. Most GM's in the league use them for more information to add to they're own scouts. I've posted a few threads with interviews from some of those guy's. Plus, the best thing about them, they're not baited by the front offices of the teams. Like Kiper, these GM's knows if they want to get something out, tell Kiper, Mort... ect. If you want to hear real information, it's group's like NDT that gives you a great breakdown, without all the fluff.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Scorp83 said:

Darnold & Allen are the biggest reaches in this draft. One cant throw a 5 & out, the other is a turnover machine. Jackson with the right coaching staff, can be better then Watson... Mayfield & Rosen are just studs. NDT is a great reliable source. They got this one right

Real scouts don't seem to like Allen. Everything with detail that I've ready about him says he should be a mid round pick who has little chance of being successful.  Those same opinions love Mayfield, Rosen and Jackson. 

If Allen goes #1 I think it'll go down as one of the worst picks in the NFL over the past 20 years. 

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Josh Allen at #125. The 7th ranked QB in the draft. 

That tells you how bad Kiper, Mayock, Has it wrong. But they're giving you what they league wants out there. Cause people believe what they want to believe. If you literally watch Allen... you know this kid is a huge risk! The eyeball test doesn't lie unless you don't know what your looking at.

(Not you in particular... just saying for anyone that hasn't watched him play)

Sweet!  Wouldnt that be perfect for picking at #12 and keep all our draft picks......except I doubt the Jets sold the farm for Tremaine Edmunds

Edited by RFL
  • Like (+1) 2

Just now, Scorp83 said:

That tells you how bad Kiper, Mayock, Has it wrong. But they're giving you what they league wants out there. Cause people believe what they want to believe. If you literally watch Allen... you know this kid is a huge risk! The eyeball test doesn't lie unless you don't know what your looking at.

(Not you in particular... just saying for anyone that hasn't watched him play)

Every year Mayock and Kiper fall for the big, strong, athletic guy who can throw the ball 80 yards, and every time one of those guys goes in the first round they wind up as a colossal bust. 

At this point, given that I assume there are professional scouts working in draft war rooms across the league, I have to think the Josh Allen stuff is just smoke. I think teams are pumping out fake intel about how certain teams love him and he's going to go in the top 5, with the hope that some team drafts him so that a different player falls.

Reading the scouting reports, without knowing he's 6'5, 235 pounds, you would assume you're reading about a guy who will struggle to get drafted at all, let alone get picked in the first round. He is the definition of a boom or bust prospect who has maybe a 1 in 20 chance of being successful because so many things need to go right for him to be able to play QB at the NFL level. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Real scouts don't seem to like Allen. Everything with detail that I've ready about him says he should be a mid round pick who has little chance of being successful.  Those same opinions love Mayfield, Rosen and Jackson. 

If Allen goes #1 I think it'll go down as one of the worst picks in the NFL over the past 20 years. 

Exactly! I've been saying this for weeks. It's the same theme with Allen... I posted a link with Chris Brown...now say what you will, but when you go back & watch the Senior bowl... Chris Brown was spot on with his assessment of Allen. Yet, Mayock (who I really respect) is out here banging the table for Allen. I think he took the check to hype him up this year. Just like Kiper did with Blaine Gabbert in 2011. When everyone knew, Cam was the better prospect. 

I also have Jackson as the 3rd best QB in this class. Rosen, Mayfield, & Jackson. 

1 minute ago, jrober38 said:

Every year Mayock and Kiper fall for the big, strong, athletic guy who can throw the ball 80 yards, and every time one of those guys goes in the first round they wind up as a colossal bust. 

At this point, given that I assume there are professional scouts working in draft war rooms across the league, I have to think the Josh Allen stuff is just smoke. I think teams are pumping out fake intel about how certain teams love him and he's going to go in the top 5, with the hope that some team drafts him so that a different player falls.

Reading the scouting reports, without knowing he's 6'5, 235 pounds, you would assume you're reading about a guy who will struggle to get drafted at all, let alone get picked in the first round. He is the definition of a boom or bust prospect who has maybe a 1 in 20 chance of being successful because so many things need to go right for him to be able to play QB at the NFL level. 

Your just spot on bro! Totally agree!

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Scorp83 said:

Exactly! I've been saying this for weeks. It's the same theme with Allen... I posted a link with Chris Brown...now say what you will, but when you go back & watch the Senior bowl... Chris Brown was spot on with his assessment of Allen. Yet, Mayock (who I really respect) is out here banging the table for Allen. I think he took the check to hype him up this year. Just like Kiper did with Blaine Gabbert in 2011. When everyone knew, Cam was the better prospect. 

I also have Jackson as the 3rd best QB in this class. Rosen, Mayfield, & Jackson. 

Your just spot on bro! Totally agree!

Mayock is a really bad QB scout. Year after year he falls in love with the guys with the crazy athleticism and size, and completely ignores the game tape. 

Mayock seems to know offensive linemen, and he knows DBs, but I've learned over the years that he has positions that he knows nothing about as well, and QB is one of them. 

Can you post the Chris Brown link for me to read. I watched most of the Senior Bowl, and Allen was routinely missing easy throws, but once every set he'd uncork a pass with crazy zip on it, and Mayock would go nuts over how much potential he has and completely ignore the previous 5 throws that weren't catchable at all. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I have some opinions on players, some stronger than others. I get a kick out of people who are so sure of their convictions. We’re all guessing here. Even the things I feel very confident about, I realize it’s just a crap shoot.  

50 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Mayock is a really bad QB scout. Year after year he falls in love with the guys with the crazy athleticism and size, and completely ignores the game tape. 

Mayock seems to know offensive linemen, and he knows DBs, but I've learned over the years that he has positions that he knows nothing about as well, and QB is one of them. 

Can you post the Chris Brown link for me to read. I watched most of the Senior Bowl, and Allen was routinely missing easy throws, but once every set he'd uncork a pass with crazy zip on it, and Mayock would go nuts over how much potential he has and completely ignore the previous 5 throws that weren't catchable at all. 

No problem...

03-26 John Murphy Show HR 2 - Chris Brown destroys Allen https://dts.podtrac.com/redirect.mp3/wgr550.hosted.cx/hosting/media/wgr550/1642018/122301576.mp3

• Thank you (+1) 1

Mayfield!!!

Mayfield!!!

Mayfield!!!

If we don't end up with Darnold, Mayfield, Rosen or Jackson at QB, this draft will be an epic fail for me until I use the 4 1/2 months that's between the draft and the regular season to delude myself otherwise. 0:)

Edited by transplantbillsfan
  • Like (+1) 3

5 hours ago, Scorp83 said:

It's funny but I look at this differently. I think Jackson is probably the 3rd or 4th best QB in this draft (wavering between him and Darnold) but I think he's the 2nd most likely to be a superstar behind Mayfield, who I desperately want us to draft.

Rosen and Darnold are both probably going to have long successful pro careers (especially Rosen), which is why I'll still be happy drafting either guy, but honestly, I think Jackson and Mayfield have a higher potential to be special.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, mannc said:

Another evaluator who thinks Darnold is overrated....^_^

He's a turnover machine with talent. That's not a good combination. Locker had alot of talent...but he kept giving the football away, the Titans couldn't keep going.

10 hours ago, the skycap said:

Josh Allen at 125

That's where he should be 

10 hours ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

They sure as H don't like Darnold, Allen, and Rudolph.

Because anyone that watch them, knows they are high risk players. More riskier then the other 3 in the top 6. Darnold again...turnover machine, the man just likes o fumble like Dante Culpepper, Allen CANNOT do anything else consistently but throw it deep, & Rudolph is fundamentally sound, he can do every right, he just doesn't have the arm talent to get it done. I like Rudolph but he's Ryan Fitzpatrick. He will destroy you on the short & intermediate game, but won't be able to take the top off the D.

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Their really bold predictions are ranking Jackson ahead of Darnold and Lauletta ahead of Rudolph.

That's because they've watch Jackson play, & they saw his improvement from his sophomore season to his junior season. Jackson isn't a Running QB... which is why he haven't ran a 40, & he won't run a 40, that's just icing on the cake. 

Be happy with the cake & eat it Anna Mae!

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

It's funny but I look at this differently. I think Jackson is probably the 3rd or 4th best QB in this draft (wavering between him and Darnold) but I think he's the 2nd most likely to be a superstar behind Mayfield, who I desperately want us to draft.

Rosen and Darnold are both probably going to have long successful pro careers (especially Rosen), which is why I'll still be happy drafting either guy, but honestly, I think Jackson and Mayfield have a higher potential to be special.

I can get behind this... we differ in Darnold tho. Look, I like Darnold just because I have him 4th just means I'm a little concerned about his turnovers. If he can clean that up, he'll be a phenomenal QB. 

Definitely agree with your assessment on Mayfield & Jackson. Those 2 are special talents.

37 minutes ago, WPBillsFan said:

He's a turnover machine with talent. That's not a good combination. Locker had alot of talent...but he kept giving the football away, the Titans couldn't keep going.

Because anyone that watch them, knows they are high risk players. More riskier then the other 3 in the top 6. Darnold again...turnover machine, the man just likes o fumble like Dante Culpepper, 

I don’t really see the arm talent or athleticism with Darnold, either.  Seems like a rich man’s Kevin Hogan.  I hope we don’t trade up for him.

Edited by mannc
  • Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, HappyDays said:

I have to ask, why do you think otherwise? To have Jackson ahead of those 4 (you forgot to put Allen in here...he's at 125!) Shows a little truth behind their scouting. Look, all these guy's could flame out, & we can't lose focus on what a prospect coming into the league is.

When it comes to production, Jackson is light years ahead of those 4, he has everything those 4 don't have. Numbers, consistency, talent, & he doesn't turn the ball over. Plus, he's still growing, he still haven't reach his ceiling yet... & the way the NFL is adapting the college spread... he'll probably reach his Ceiling in 2 years with the right staff & system. He's easily the 3rd or 4th best QB in a good QB class. 

What is it you don't like about him?? He's 6'3 212lbs... & will be 225 by the time he gets in his mid 20's, he can read defenses & react to they're mistakes. When it comes to a rookie QB prospect, he checks all the boxes. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, joesixpack said:

Who are these clowns anyway?

They must be clowns if they refuse to deny reality.

Of their top picks my guess at the bust is the tackle from Texas.  It's a reflex.

I'm not a huge Payne guy but I guess he makes sense position wise but they have us taking a questionable CB at 22?  I think we take a CB, but much later.

2 minutes ago, mannc said:

I don’t really see the arm talent or athleticism with Darnold, either.  Seems like a rich man’s Kevin Hogan.  I hope we don’t trade up for him.

Same here

2 minutes ago, Scorp83 said:

Same here

Not to pick a fight with someone who agrees with me :lol: but you say above that Darnold can be “phenomenal” if he cleans up the turnovers.  I don’t really see that.  Talent-wise, Darnold seems light years behind Rosen.

47 minutes ago, WPBillsFan said:

Because anyone that watch them, knows they are high risk players. More riskier then the other 3 in the top 6. Darnold again...turnover machine, the man just likes o fumble like Dante Culpepper, Allen CANNOT do anything else consistently but throw it deep, & Rudolph is fundamentally sound, he can do every right, he just doesn't have the arm talent to get it done. I like Rudolph but he's Ryan Fitzpatrick. He will destroy you on the short & intermediate game, but won't be able to take the top off the D.

Rosen should be added to the flawed list due to the likelihood of a Rob Johson series of injuries.