You can want to trade up all you want

1 minute ago, USABuffaloFan said:

Just to help people.

BLOG = Be Logical Or Go!

This forum is not for the stupid. Have something to say that forms a path of facts that may be understood and a conversation can be had. Then I won't have to call you any names. 

I get that, but this thread isn't calling out people suggesting we trade for Aaron Rodgers or convince Peyton to come out of retirement. He's blowing up over people wanting to make a move that we appear to have been posturing for for over a year now. I don't think it's illogical to want to make a move up for the most important position. Nor is it illogical or stupid to make an argument for keeping our picks and loading up the roster. 

Its also natural that people will be disappointed if they don't get what they want. I don't think they're stupid for wanting something different, but obviously they will all have to get over it. 

I've been saying I think the top three spots in the draft are out of reach for Buffalo.  I think the Bills could trade somewhere in the 4 to 6 range if they really want to.  It depends on the cost and how badly the want the player they have targeted there.  I would guess the odds for a trade in to that range are a bit better than 50/50, but I certainly wouldn't be shocked if it didn't happen.

8 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

I've been saying I think the top three spots in the draft are out of reach for Buffalo.  I think the Bills could trade somewhere in the 4 to 6 range if they really want to.  It depends on the cost and how badly the want the player they have targeted there.  I would guess the odds for a trade in to that range are a bit better than 50/50, but I certainly wouldn't be shocked if it didn't happen.

4 maybe.  5 no way.  6 improbable.

On 4/1/2018 at 7:07 PM, NewDayBills said:

.......but that doesn't mean that it's going to happen.

I'm so sick of people hyperfocusing on the top 4 QBs. No QB other than Darnold, Allen, Rosen or Mayfield are worth a damn to a huge chunk of people on the board, any suggestion other than the top 4 is lunacy to some.

Truth is, there is a very real chance that Rudolph and Jackson are the top 2 QBs on the board when we pick at 12, !@#$ing deal with it.

I want a million dollars and a house on the beach, but guess what? It's never going to happen. People need to quit living in a fairy tale land, this is the real world, be an adult and grow up, you don't always get what you want in life...

Quit blasting realists when they show interest in a QB not named Darnold, Allen, Rosen or Mayfield, I am so tired of it.

Yea I hear ya... Allen shouldn't be drafted over Darnold, Rosen, Mayfield, Jackson, & Rudolph. He's the 6th or 7th best QB in this draft... & because NFL front offices like to feed big media outlets crappy information to bait other teams (If you've clicked on my link, I provided in my thread on Mayfield) into drafting the crappiest guy...Allen might go 1st overall...smh.  

It's called "Good PR"... Jackson who doesn't have a agent, is losing the PR touch... which maybe his plan... Jackson may want to go to a better team...not these teams that finish bottom 5. Allen just shouldn't be mention as a top 5 pick at all. But like the Bills... everyone has used Allen like a cheap $5 ... you know. He's the bait, every NFL team is using.

I believe our guy is Mayfield... I want Rosen...but Its good to WANT things... if we can't move up to get Mayfield, we'll stay put & Jackson... who isn't a bad backup plan... & is probably #2 on Beane board. People gushed over Watson last year...well, Jackson is a better prospect. Better size, better arm talent, showed better improvement to scan the field, & he had to work with less, then what Watson had. Jackson WR's couldn't catch the ball... Smh, Jackson is going to be a steal

Edited by Scorp83
Typo
  • Like (+1) 2

12 hours ago, NewDayBills said:

I'm so sick of people hyperfocusing on the top 4 QBs. No QB other than Darnold, Allen, Rosen or Mayfield are worth a damn to a huge chunk of people on the board, any suggestion other than the top 4 is lunacy to some.

Truth is, there is a very real chance that Rudolph and Jackson are the top 2 QBs on the board when we pick at 12, !@#$ing deal with it.

I want a million dollars and a house on the beach, but guess what? It's never going to happen. People need to quit living in a fairy tale land, this is the real world, be an adult and grow up, you don't always get what you want in life...

Quit blasting realists when they show interest in a QB not named Darnold, Allen, Rosen or Mayfield, I am so tired of it.

I am sure you will buy that house on the beach if you have the Million dollars.  Bills fans believe that the team has the ammunition (draft-cash) to trade up and get one of those four QBs just like you would buy the million dollar home.  So there is no lunacy to the thinking.

The thing is the real experts i.e. scouts and coaches, get paid 7 figures to evaluate players. They know a lot more than you, me or any other message board warrior. No matter how many posts they have. It's certainly not an exact science but when they zero in on players you can probably hazard a guess as to who teams like.

There may be an element of throwing shade but in general you don't meet with a player 4 times of you are not interested in him.

IMO they make a move for Mayfield, do I know what I'm talking about? F#@* no. But I'm not about to start an obnoxious post beating a message board because they have a different opinion than I do.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, downunderbill said:

The thing is the real experts i.e. scouts and coaches, get paid 7 figures to evaluate players. They know a lot more than you, me or any other message board warrior. No matter how many posts they have. It's certainly not an exact science but when they zero in on players you can probably hazard a guess as to who teams like.

There may be an element of throwing shade but in general you don't meet with a player 4 times of you are not interested in him.

IMO they make a move for Mayfield, do I know what I'm talking about? F#@* no. But I'm not about to start an obnoxious post beating a message board because they have a different opinion than I do.

Agree with everything but the scout salaries. Don't think they earn anywhere near 7 figures.

Just remember - fan is short for fanatical. I think no matter who they draft for QB, 2/3 of the people on this board will be ranting that they picked the wrong guy. When if fact, we all have no idea how any of them will turn out long-term. 

People come on this board to have fun, dream a little, maybe escape the daily grind of life and just talk football. We argue, debate, and at the end of the day we are all fans with a passion for our Bills. If that really bothers you thats your problem. Because you say so you expect people to change? Just for you? 

Further down this pathetic thread you call people inbreds? You better check yourself alot of us folk around these here parts are edumacated and have wonderful careers. Some may have fallen on tough times. Some may be dirt poor but you know what? We are all fans and really do not have a say so in what will happen.

In a nutshell- relax and do not judge people if it doesn’t fit your fragile agenda.

12 hours ago, kdiggz said:

72689_7d4271aa22e364e8094cb2216cf7dfbb.j

I thought that part was pretty funny. I guess us hillbilly inbreds should set our sights lower in life like you apparently have. Is that the theme of this lovely Easter message?

I am surprised you were able to stop banging your sister long enough to understand the post, but yes, that is the jist of it. 

It doesn't? Are you sure?

• Haha (+1) 1

13 hours ago, NewDayBills said:

It's just the same repetitive BS from the same hillbilly inbreds. Rosen or Mayfield, Rosen or Mayfield... I'm tired of it. We can't even discuss other prospects in the draft.

God forbid we talk about other prospects in the draft. :rolleyes:

Please take a deeeeeep breath and come back looking for some fun!:P