Baker Mayfield

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

That's overpaying by 180 points.

Keep in mind if the draft plays out that way there may be competing offers (or if the Browns tell us there are) and we're going to have to beat them all.

Edited by Doc Brown

I hope not.  Mayfield has serious issues.  For starters, he's too short - short enough that he's been compared to Doug Flutie.  But more importantly...he was required to take mandatory alcohol education classes.  How !@#$ing dumb do you have to be to be a senior at Oklahoma and need to take a class to learn how to drink?  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 4

31 minutes ago, BuffAlone said:

Already been there, done that, on another thread. But yes, I agree. The Stars aligned for this. Like us signing a Star...go figure lol

Yes, and remember, Mayfields middle name is Reagan, as Bakers’ father named his son after that president. Jack Kemp, the quarterback  of the Buffalo Bills was a huge part of the Reagan Revolution.  So, everything makes sense to me.

• Haha (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

I hope not.  Mayfield has serious issues.  For starters, he's too short - short enough that he's been compared to Doug Flutie.  But more importantly...he was required to take mandatory alcohol education classes.  How !@#$ing dumb do you have to be to be a senior at Oklahoma and need to take a class to learn how to drink?  

It was a class in mixology. He was learning how to make a drink and not how to drink. He has already mastered the drinking part. :P

Stop. Freaking. Me.Out! That's it!!!! Where's my tinfoil??

1 minute ago, JohnC said:

It was a class in mixology. He was learning how to make a drink and not how to drink. He has already mastered the drinking part. :P

He's ahead of the curve!?

10 minutes ago, drf1835 said:

Yes, and remember, Mayfields middle name is Reagan, as Bakers’ father named his son after that president. Jack Kemp, the quarterback  of the Buffalo Bills was a huge part of the Reagan Revolution.  So, everything makes sense to me.

I forgot to mention too that on May 23, 2017 Ron Reagan Jr said Trump was guilty of treasonous offenses, as is the press now saying such.. Notice the month and day being May and 23. May short for Mayfield, and 23 our draft position. Similarly, Mr. Kemp, our great past qb, died on May 2, 2009. May an abbreviation for Mayfield and 2 is where we should jump up in the draft to draft mayfield. Things could not be more obvious.

18 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Keep in mind if the draft plays out that way there may be competing offers (or if the Browns tell us there are) and we're going to have to beat them all.

So, get into a bidding war?  No thanks.

Since Kelly retired and since the Browns returned they have gone through 30 QBs and we have gone through 20. Only one of those was a top rated prospect (Tim Couch). That’s 5 late firsts and a bunch of late round picks, trades for other teams backups, free agents and trades. 0/49  when taking the discount route. Now even the Browns look to be swinging for the fences. I can’t live in a world where we out Browns the Browns. 

17 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

They have all the leverage.  Forget the chart.  The Jets overpaid and we're going to have to follow suit if Beane goes that direction.

The Jets gave the equivalent of 2 1st and a third this year and the cost to move from 6 to 3 is the same as 12 to 4 according to the chart.  What the Jets gave was about 600 over value. We could get to 4 by giving our 12,22, one of our seconds and 65.  If he is the guy I'm all for it. 

43 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

The Jets gave the equivalent of 2 1st and a third this year and the cost to move from 6 to 3 is the same as 12 to 4 according to the chart.  What the Jets gave was about 600 over value. We could get to 4 by giving our 12,22, one of our seconds and 65.  If he is the guy I'm all for it. 

Not unless the team at 4 ( CLE) or wherever are ok with moving out of the top ten. The Colts weren't . If CLE or NYG can be convince to move back that many spots, the cost will be steeeeeep. 

Edited by Boatdrinks

12 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Not if the team at 4 ( CLE) or wherever are ok with moving out of the top ten. The Colts weren't . If CLE or NYG can be convince to move back that many spots, the cost will be steeeeeep. 

That's 2615 for 1800 the price I listed is pretty steep.  The value of first overall is 3000 for reference.  65 might as well be looked at like a 2nd. And all of the picks are in this draft, instant gratification.

17 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Not if the team at 4 ( CLE) or wherever are ok with moving out of the top ten. The Colts weren't . If CLE or NYG can be convince to move back that many spots, the cost will be steeeeeep. 

It's not as much of a seller's market as people think. There are 6 QBs with 1st round grades.

1 minute ago, formerlyofCtown said:

That's 2615 for 1800 the price I listed is pretty steep.  The value of first overall is 3000 for reference.  65 might as well be looked at like a 2nd. And all of the picks are in this draft, instant gratification.

Right. My point is, teams want to get a certain player and try to get a deal done that still allows that to happen. It's what the Colts did yesterday. If a team isn't willing to do it, all the picks in the world don't matter. Ok, they probably could be convinced at some point, but it would only be for a massive overpayment and most GMs need to have a team too. Not just one player. 

3 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Right. My point is, teams want to get a certain player and try to get a deal done that still allows that to happen. It's what the Colts did yesterday. If a team isn't willing to do it, all the picks in the world don't matter. Ok, they probably could be convinced at some point, but it would only be for a massive overpayment and most GMs need to have a team too. Not just one player. 

Agreed. The only QBs that I'm not into are the 2 a lot of people like.  Darnold and Rosen.  That doesn't mean I'm right but that's what I think.  Rosen wouldn't be a concern if not for the concussions.

1 minute ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Agreed. The only QBs that I'm not into are the 2 a lot of people like.  Darnold and Rosen.  That doesn't mean I'm right but that's what I think.  Rosen wouldn't be a concern if not for the concussions.

And who knows? Perhaps the QBs the Bills like the most are not the ones a lot of people like. I've seen speculation that the Bills shouldn't move into #4 unless they like 4 QBs. That's not true at all. They really only have to like one, if that's the QB available to them at #4. Actually they could like two, or three of them. Such a move wouldn't actually be made until the draft starts, because it doesn't provide enough certainty before the draft . For instance, CLE takes Darnold at #1, NYG stay put at 2 and take Barkley/ Nelson. NYJ take Allen at 3. You can switch the names around, but regardless we don't know how the Bills have them graded. It looks like the pre- draft trade target was the Colts. They were beat out by a team with a better pick to offer, so plan B is a move up when they know who is on the board.