If we were to trade up, when would it happen?

Giants aren't trading until Cleveland picks.  If Browns take Allen the Giants will take Darnold.  That leaves Rosen or Mayfield for the Jets and Barkely for the Browns at four.  It  is the Bills worst nightmare scenario.

If Browns take Darnold, I think there is a good chance the Giants trade out of #2.

The Giants don't control the draft but whatever they do at #2 will have franchise changing repercussions for multiple teams.

Edited by Dadonkadonk

Id be surprised if they move up to #2......To give up that much, the brass better feel the ‘kid’, whoever their guy is, can play Day 1. Why sign AJ then?  Id love to play poker with some of you ‘all in’ guys.

9 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

It will be to #2 and it will be on draft night when the Giants go on the clock and the cost will include our 2019 #1. 

I mean maybe I am the only one who thought Beane basically told us all that earlier in the week but I don't think you had to do much reading between the lines. 

This is my #1 estimate of what happens!  It makes sense, everything points to this and the other dominos.

So, Cleveland picks their QB at #1 and the NYG then trade #2 to the Bills.  It is the most logical scenario for the Jets trading to #3 and everything calming down.  With the Giants not moving the pick or shopping it much I think the deal is done with the Bills pending on the #1 selection (or it may not if the Bills love 2 QBs.

So, that means the deal is not only (essentially) done, but, in order for it to be done the Bills must have over paid and given a sweet deal for the Giants (which is fine by me).

So, my thought would be #12, #22 and 2019 #1 (as Gunner Bill suggests above) and another 2 picks (2nd or 3rd rounders).

1 hour ago, RFL said:

Id be surprised if they move up to #2......To give up that much, the brass better feel the ‘kid’, whoever their guy is, can play Day 1. Why sign AJ then?  Id love to play poker with some of you ‘all in’ guys.

I don't see the reasoning here.  Rosen and Mayfield are really the only fellas who could possibly start day one.  You aren't drafting for day one; you're drafting for a franchise qb who might be leading your team for a decade or longer.  You sign AJ because you don't want Peterman to be your primary backup, because AJ can conceivably start for a season or a substantial part of a season while the potential franchise guy develops.  

I'd be fine with Rosen or Mayfield, btw, but I am also fine with Darnold or Allen.

Edited by Dr. Who

19 hours ago, bills6969 said:

For example, if we trade up to #2.  Obviously, if we wait, it allows other team to beat us to it, but the closer we get to draft day perhaps the more willing the Giants would be to a deal.

IMHO if we trade up it will be on draft day, for a specific player. 

Unless we trade up to #1, which I don't see happening.

2 hours ago, RFL said:

They had to sign someone, why not the cheapest of the bunch....?? It seems this is the last qb you should have this argument with.... bc in fact most view that AS a reason to do it - not against

3 hours ago, Dr. Who said:

I don't see the reasoning here.  Rosen and Mayfield are really the only fellas who could possibly start day one.  You aren't drafting for day one; you're drafting for a franchise qb who might be leading your team for a decade or longer.  You sign AJ because you don't want Peterman to be your primary backup, because AJ can conceivably start for a season or a substantial part of a season while the potential franchise guy develops.  

I'd be fine with Rosen or Mayfield, btw, but I am also fine with Darnold or Allen.

Id be fine with them as well at #12 or #22.  You hear it every year, top draft picks are expected to start.  I still have this feeling that Beane will fill the holes, build the team they want, and make a big splash next season in free agency. I could be totally wrong but I certainly see your point. I really dont think you will see the QB’s fly off the board like some think

3 hours ago, gobills1212 said:

They had to sign someone, why not the cheapest of the bunch....?? It seems this is the last qb you should have this argument with.... bc in fact most view that AS a reason to do it - not against

True and true.....but, Im not convinced YET that AJM cant be the man. Im not against taking a QB, far from it......just dont sell the farm in doing so.  

On 3/30/2018 at 10:53 PM, Tcali said:

you know they are gonna screw it up though..

I think you are living in the past, in the world where subpar GMs were making the Bills' decisions.

I believe we are in good competent hands now with McDermott and Beane at the helm.

21 hours ago, Poleshifter said:

I think you are living in the past, in the world where subpar GMs were making the Bills' decisions.

I believe we are in good competent hands now with McDermott and Beane at the helm.

i meant cleveland 

On 3/31/2018 at 2:04 AM, MrEpsYtown said:

I think it has to happen during the draft. First spot is 2. The next spot is 4 to get in front of the Broncos, then it is that 7-10 range before the Dolphins and Cards. That said, if you can get the Giants to trade you two, then you could make the move now. Problem with that is that you are giving the Jets a chance to jump you at 1. 

If Beane and Gettelman have  agreed to a trade, there is no reason to announce that now. The Jets could go and offer the Browns the moon to trade down 2 spots. If Beane and Gettelman are working a deal or have a wink wink deal in place, their relationship would allow them to go  into silent mode about it to keep the Jets from knowing and can make the trade on the clock.  

If there is a deal, it behooves Gettelman to keep it quiet so that NY media doesn't tear apart the trade for the next four weeks. He takes that opportunity from them and let's the media continue to talk about the Jets. 

I think that the Bill's  have in place a series of trades with teams  that will get them to the #2  pick, meaning a trade giving the # 12 and collateral for # 4 thru # 6 pick , preferably # 4 ,and if  Cleveland picks the right person that the Bill's didn't want  , then the second part of the pre-negotiated trade takes place. It will of course take place on  draft day.

• Like (+1) 2

It will happen on draft day, I think. They probably  hsave a trio of QB's in mind and will make the move when 2 of them are gone or something like that. That's my guess. That way they get to keep as many day 1-2 picks as possible and still get a guy they like. Either that or they will do something completely different. Well, that about covers it. I wish the draft would hurry up and get here so we can stop guessing.