This is what I've been saying all along....

Hebert19

"I think they have to decide how much of a difference is there between Lamar Jackson and Josh Allen, Sam Darnold, Baker Mayfield or Josh Rosen," Kiper said. 

I just don't see that the difference is that significant between 1 and even 6.  Is it worth surrounding one if those guys with a sub par team to get one?  I don't think so. People thought Joey Harrington was a slam dunk too.  How did that turn out when he went out there a couple seasons with no talent around him?

If we trade up...great but I can't say I believe for one minute darnold will have a better career than Jackson...so as a result I couldn't justify it.  

We will see soon enough. 

We're not trading up to #2 because of the cost and I honestly don't believe we are trading up to #4 either. I don't think the Colts will swap with us unless we grossly overpay. So I think the 7 to 10 range is the most realistic. It will hinge on how the first 5 picks fall. If the Giants and Broncos pass on a QB that we want the move will be made. If the Giants and Broncos both take QB's then that means the top 4 guys are off of the board. Then we are likely stuck with a Jackson or a Rudolph (:sick: @ that thought).

2 minutes ago, H2o said:

Then we are likely stuck with a Jackson or a Rudolph (:sick: @ that thought).

Or hopefully none if we don't get one of the top 4. No reason to invest in a inferior product. Jackson is a less accurate and weaker armed version of Vick coming out and Rudolph is horribly inconsistent. Not sure he can read NFL coverages. 

Worst possible scenario 
If Top 4 QBs are taken before 12 (which is likely) and we don't trade up...

These guys will definitely be off the board as well: 

Barkley
Chubb
Nelson

4 picks remain before our pick at 12 so hopefully those teams want the DBs like Fitzpatrick, James, or Ward and that DE Davenport instead of Roquan Smith and Tremaine Edmunds because those 2 LBs are insanely talented like Lavonte David or the Kuechly of our defense.

• Like (+1) 1

I am glad you think.  Thanks for letting us know what you think.   It is so important to make your own thread to let us know what you are thinking.  

Mom, thinking you could have put this in any one of the other threads about QBs

Edited by mead107

5 minutes ago, mead107 said:

I am glad you think.  Thanks for letting us know what you think.   It is so important to make your own thread to let us know what you are thinking.  

Mom thinking you could have put this in any one of the other threads about QBs

I'm glad you approve.  Actually I don't care.  This board is full of what people think...its kind of the idea of a board.  And no one has posted this quote from kiper to my knowledge so I thought I'd share.  

But again.  Thanks for the useless thread. 

Well it certainly is possible that out of all the qbs in the draft jackson could end up having the best career...we just dont know.  But teams have to do there homework and figure out who they think has the best chance to be a good pro.  Believe me they have seen every throw everyone of these qbs have made.  They will determine who they want and what they will do to get him.  Maybe its jackson...rosen...mayfield...only time will tell

2 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

I'm glad you approve.  Actually I don't care.  This board is full of what people think...its kind of the idea of a board.  And no one has posted this quote from kiper to my knowledge so I thought I'd share.  

But again.  Thanks for the useless thread. 

You mean useless post in a useless thread.  

8 minutes ago, mead107 said:

Mom thinking you could have put this in any one of the other threads about QBs

Could it have been put in another post? Yeah, maybe... but let the mods sort it out and merge if they see fit. This isn’t a terrible post and people come here to have fun and talk bills. Keep it light bro- go Bills! 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, billsfan_34 said:

Could it have been put in another post? Yeah, maybe... but let the mods sort it out and merge if they see fit. This isn’t a terrible post and people come here to have fun and talk bills. Keep it light bro- go Bills! 

Could have gone in the Mel Kip’s thread.   Just saying 

myself moderation is best 

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

"I think they have to decide how much of a difference is there between Lamar Jackson and Josh Allen, Sam Darnold, Baker Mayfield or Josh Rosen," Kiper said. 

I just don't see that the difference is that significant between 1 and even 6.  Is it worth surrounding one if those guys with a sub par team to get one?  I don't think so. People thought Joey Harrington was a slam dunk too.  How did that turn out when he went out there a couple seasons with no talent around him?

If we trade up...great but I can't say I believe for one minute darnold will have a better career than Jackson...so as a result I couldn't justify it.  

We will see soon enough. 

To be fair, we aren’t some totally talentless black hole if we trade away an extra first and extra second and only have normal picks plus some extras late 

42 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

We will see soon enough. 

Yep, absolutely, we should invest in mediocrity, that has worked wonders for 17 years so lets keep it up. We should never, ever sacrifice picks for a QB unless and until we get a crystal ball insuring us that the QB will be a hall of famer.  Plan B is to sit around and wait until we finish with the worst record in football and don't have to package picks to get the top guy. The draft is a gamble, always has been and always will be. If you don't have the stomach for it, play the nickel slots. 

40 minutes ago, H2o said:

We're not trading up to #2 because of the cost and I honestly don't believe we are trading up to #4 either. I don't think the Colts will swap with us unless we grossly overpay. So I think the 7 to 10 range is the most realistic. It will hinge on how the first 5 picks fall. If the Giants and Broncos pass on a QB that we want the move will be made. If the Giants and Broncos both take QB's then that means the top 4 guys are off of the board. Then we are likely stuck with a Jackson or a Rudolph (:sick: @ that thought).

I Totally agree with this. Also you can ask 20 people to list the top 6 QB’s in this draft and you can get almost 20 different answers. Who’s to say Lamar Jackson might not end up as the top QB out of this draft class. Think about it,  he might go 6th out of these QB’s. For the record my preferred order of QB’s that I like are as follows. 

Josh Allen 

Baker Mayfield 

Lamar Jackson 

Mason Rudolph 

Sam Darnold 

Josh Rosen. 

I know many people will not agree with my order of ranking the QB’s and that’s ok. But it goes to show you that any of these 6 could be the top QB of this draft class when it’s all said and done. The only QB I would trade up to #2 for would be Josh Allen. 

Edited by Thurmanator 12074

7 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

To be fair, we aren’t some totally talentless black hole if we trade away an extra first and extra second and only have normal picks plus some extras late 

I agree, that DID seem to be the plan, after all. But who knows?

Kiper is dead on.  At least two that Kiper mentions, Buffalo has no chance to get.  I don't think they'll be able to trade up to the top 3 if they want to.  They might not have a chance at three that Kiper mentions.  The good news is that if they decide they want to trade up as high as #4 the price shouldn't be nearly as high as what the Jets paid to get to 3.

If they did end up drafting Lamar Jackson or Mason Rudolph, I don't think the Bills would be nearly as bad off as some think.  Lamar Jackson didn't have real good ball velocity at the combine, but that may be to 2 issues that some have observed.  First, he seemed a little tentative as if he was trying to be too careful at the combine.  Second, he tends to pass from a narrow base some of the time.  That's a footwork issue and is considered correctable.  Until he threw at the combine, observers thought of him as having a very good arm.  With some coaching, they might be right.

I think Mason Rudolph is being penalized by observers for the offense he played in.   Yes, he's going to have to make a transition and learn to make NFL reads and throws, but he's a very smart kid and not a terrible athlete.  

For either Jackson or Rudolph, I don't know that the transition into the NFL is going to be any more difficult than for Josh Allen, and Allen may be drafted in the top 3.