Did Mills sabotage Peterman's start due to his anger over TT benching?

13 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

As close to fact? It's a fairy tale. Peterman threw a pick 6 on the first series.

I didn't see a single thing in his post that remotely looked like a fairy tale.   Everything he stated to me came off as close to fact that it could be.  Where is the fairy tale stuff?

7 minutes ago, prissythecat said:

Well then,  our QB problem is solved.  Just give Peterman a season to prove his worth.   No need for people to argue over giving up a king's ransom in draft picks just to select yet another prospect.

Yet we gave Tyrod 3

5 minutes ago, smuvtalker said:

I didn't see a single thing in his post that remotely looked like a fairy tale.   Everything he stated to me came off as close to fact that it could be.  Where is the fairy tale stuff?

Yet we gave Tyrod 3

Tyrod had two decent seasons that merited even pro bowl nods .          Peterman?   Is there an award for worst performance in a half of football?

8 minutes ago, smuvtalker said:

Yet we gave Tyrod 3

He said the Bills came out run heavy and scored on their first possession. None of that is fact. Peterman threw a long pass to Benjamin (Benji got hurt), then Peterman threw a touchdown...to the Chargers.

How can you fault the game plan when the QB continually put the team in a hole. It's hard to stick to a conservative game plan when your trailing 24-7 with 10 minutes left in the first half.

Edited by Commonsense

5 hours ago, Kwai San said:

Not only is Juan still here there was an article stating that one of our FA OL pickups was MOTIVATED to come here cuz of ole Juan!!!!  Sorry if this has already been pointed out but I was FLOORED by that....

newhouse i believe.....should be a huge upgrade at rt.

To believe this to be true one would have to believe that McDermott looked the other way and did nothing.

There is no way that McDermott would allow that type of behavior and allow Mills to still be on the roster

today. McDermott  not that type of coach or man to wimp out on a situation like that.

38 minutes ago, Greatdane21 said:

To believe this to be true one would have to believe that McDermott looked the other way and did nothing.

There is no way that McDermott would allow that type of behavior and allow Mills to still be on the roster

today. McDermott  not that type of coach or man to wimp out on a situation like that.

What Mills did in no way  compare to Jason Peters ole-ing the Jets defender on JP's last game as a Bill.

I give Mills an A for effort compared to Peters'.

4 hours ago, smuvtalker said:

Woww...I just looked at his stats....out of a 20 year career, he threw more touchdowns than interceptions......6 FREAKIN TIMES!!! 

That's horrendous!

Yes it is.   I used to mock KC fans relentlessly for it.  

3 hours ago, prissythecat said:

Tyrod had two decent seasons that merited even pro bowl nods .          Peterman?   Is there an award for worst performance in a half of football?

2nd and 3rd alternates if we are being honest.  

12 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Peterman sabotaged Peterman's start because he melted under pressure and isn't an NFL caliber QB.  Next!

You watched the film and came to that conclusion? Wow.

I think you are melting under the pressure of the thread.

Edited by Sky Diver

6 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

You watched the film and came to that conclusion? Wow.

I think you are melting under the pressure of the thread.

Nope.  He’s hated Nate for well over a year now.   

He’s called me all all sorts of names

because I said Nate looked good in preseason and one of my responses was that every Bills player deserves a chance to prove himself. 

5 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:
6 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

You like mediocre and marginal NFL QBs.  Good for you.  :thumbsup:

That clearly remains to be seen.

Now you see this “person” in action. 

He will toss out insults and snide remarks and he wont discuss the subject at hand rationally.  

• Like (+1) 1

I would have been hella angry too. Not saying Mills may have done it on purpose, but take into account his malcontent, and the fact that he was way out of his league, and that's a bad recipe for Peterman.

Doesn't matter, Peterman plays QB like I play Madden. The ole 9 step drop fadeaway jumper.. to no one. Trust me, most rookie QBs with any promise don't make that dumb decision, let alone like.. 3 times.

6 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

I would have been hella angry too. Not saying Mills may have done it on purpose, but take into account his malcontent, and the fact that he was way out of his league, and that's a bad recipe for Peterman.

Doesn't matter, Peterman plays QB like I play Madden. The ole 9 step drop fadeaway jumper.. to no one. Trust me, most rookie QBs with any promise don't make that dumb decision, let alone like.. 3 times.

HS QBs know better and show more poise under pressure than that. It was pathetic. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Nope.  He’s hated Nate for well over a year now.   

He’s called me all all sorts of names

because I said Nate looked good in preseason and one of my responses was that every Bills player deserves a chance to prove himself. 

Now you see this “person” in action. 

He will toss out insults and snide remarks and he wont discuss the subject at hand rationally.  

Peterman showed some positive flashes while making some rookie mistakes. I’m not ready to give up on him yet.

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

HS QBs no better and show more poise under pressure than that. It was pathetic. 

yep. Don't care if he was "thrown to the wolves". Where I see opportunity to show you can outplay Taylor (who deked the Mills Von Miller matchup effortlessly), many just see an excuse.

Every backup quarterback has to be prepared for every game if his number is called.. And not single handedly lose the game.

1 minute ago, Sky Diver said:

Peterman showed some positive flashes while making some rookie mistakes. I’m not ready to give up on him yet.

I agree, he did post Chargers, which is admirable. He just made much more than "some rookie mistakes" is all.

1 minute ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

yep. Don't care if he was "thrown to the wolves". Where I see opportunity to show you can outplay Taylor (who deked the Mills Von Miller matchup effortlessly), many just see an excuse.

Every backup quarterback has to be prepared for every game if his number is called.. And not single handedly lose the game.

I didn't have a good feeling going into that game based on his career at PIT and what I saw in the preseason, but he was far worse than I ever imagined.   

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

I didn't have a good feeling going into that game based on his career at PIT and what I saw in the preseason, but he was far worse than I ever imagined.   

I was so mad when I heard the decision. Started Chargers D in my fantasy leagues. And I don't like our revisionist history that Tyrod's benching motivated him to play better.. He always had his ups and downs, rebounding from bad games etc.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Drunken Pygmy Goat said:

Yet the Bills had won more games than they lost. And honestly, I don't remember seeing too many draws last year.

My point was that, when you start a rookie QB for the first time, typically you run a very basic, limited offense. You don't "get cute", and try to fool the defense by doing things that don't make sense, just to hopefully take advantage of the element of surprise. Granted, the element of surprise is necessary in all games, but that's what draws and play action are for. You get that element, without putting your QB in a position that has not yet comfortable in. You get hesitation from defenders with the draw, and defenders out of place with play action, creating good separation (something that lacked severely in general from the WRs last year anyways). 

Peterman may have failed, but the game plan and play calls put him in a position to fail. 

Actually (IIRC), the opening drive of the game was very run oriented, and the Bills scored. Maybe my memory is off, but I feel like I liked what I saw at the time, to start the game. Then they got away from that, and the Bills fell off a cliff.

IIRC - it seems like they started with running plays, moved the ball some, didn't score, but when he did his first (or second) pass attempt it was a pick 6.  Being lazy and not looking up the box score.

All that said - I totally agree with what you're laying down.  Peterman failed - and was failed by his OC.  What I thought was ridiculous was how long they left him in.  After the 3rd pick, he should have been lifted.  At that point you are sort of adding insult to injury and your point is lost.  The fact they left him in for 2 more picks - was like they were just trying to communicate to Tyrod - We really REALLY don't want you here.  Badly enough that we're willing to sacrifice our rookie prospect.

15 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

I was so mad when I heard the decision. Started Chargers D in my fantasy leagues. And I don't like our revisionist history that Tyrod's benching motivated him to play better.. He always had his ups and downs, rebounding from bad games etc.

Honest question.   Did Tyrod play better right after the benching?

image.thumb.png.dc9c4015bfca561ed622b57e2bde85fe.png

3 games with a QB rating under 45.  

The 4th and last sub 40 rating and 3 points scored was the playoff debacle. 

22 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

Yes he did.    

See stats above

But he’s got t things to work not. 

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

1 minute ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Honest question.   Did Tyrod play better right after the benching?

image.thumb.png.dc9c4015bfca561ed622b57e2bde85fe.png

The 4th and last sub 40 rating and 3 points scored was the playoff debacle. 

Yes he did.    

image.thumb.png.dc9c4015bfca561ed622b57e2bde85fe.pngBut he’s got t things to work not. 

Right he didn't really improve anyway. But like I've said, I've heard the revisionist history that the benching made Tyrod better, I see those posts all the time. Nonsense. IMO we just gifted a game away because McD (or whatever powers that be) simply screwed up. Idc how good the Chargers looked, we would have had a flying chance at least. I'm over it.. we made the playoffs babeee!

20 minutes ago, MTBill said:

The fact they left him in for 2 more picks - was like they were just trying to communicate to Tyrod - We really REALLY don't want you here.  Badly enough that we're willing to sacrifice our rookie prospect.

ugh so we lost the game because we wanted to tell our best QB on the roster we didn't want him? *barf* I'm psyched with what McD and Beane have done so far, I don't want to get back into angry mode at insane decisions like that in the midst of a playoff run.

26 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

HS QBs know better and show more poise under pressure than that. It was pathetic. 

"He'll often panic under pressure and make poor decisions, or get hammered and possibly suffer an injury... however, does not trust his feet enough to evade the pressure. Had he at least taken the sack, [his team] could have attempted a very makeable field goal to tie the game. Instead, [he] panics and throws off of his back foot without a good read. It’s possible he’s expecting or hoping that his receiver will come back on a curl route, but this is a pure desperation throw, regardless. "

Hardly a rare opinion of Josh Rosen, 26Cornerblitz's favored college QB. 

I'll take the considered opinion of the Bills brain trust and a HC/GM and owner that seems to support the guy. I've seen Tom Brady and other QBs act like cowards under considerably less pressure than what happened to Nate Peterman in that game.

2 minutes ago, Tyrod's friend said:

"He'll often panic under pressure and make poor decisions, or get hammered and possibly suffer an injury... however, does not trust his feet enough to evade the pressure. Had he at least taken the sack, [his team] could have attempted a very makeable field goal to tie the game. Instead, [he] panics and throws off of his back foot without a good read. It’s possible he’s expecting or hoping that his receiver will come back on a curl route, but this is a pure desperation throw, regardless. "

Hardly a rare opinion of Josh Rosen, 26Cornerblitz's favored college QB. 

I'll take the considered opinion of the Bills brain trust and a HC/GM and owner that seems to support the guy. I've seen Tom Brady and other QBs act like cowards under considerably less pressure than what happened to Nate Peterman in that game.

annoying text size. Tom Brady crumples into his favored fetal position and takes a sack, not a pick 6. WE DON'T WANT COWARDS LIKE THAT WE WANT QBS WITH NADS AND PICK6s

I'll repeat, Tyrod dealt with a very similar rush in the Mills / Von Miller matchup. Only he was smart enough to know Von Miller was going to get after him every time, and he compensated for that. I know Peterman is a rookie and all, but did he did he not know who Joey Bosa was? At all? Did he know who his turnstile RT was. It shouldn't have come as a surprise to Peterman he's be pressured.

23 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

annoying text size. Tom Brady crumples into his favored fetal position and takes a sack, not a pick 6. WE DON'T WANT COWARDS LIKE THAT WE WANT QBS WITH NADS AND PICK6s

Sorry about the text size - I agree. 

It was a cut and paste and it wasn't worth me re-formatting.

Yeah, Peterman wasn't a coward - not by my standards, but by the standards of the head coach. So there's that. Just curious .... you ever been hit by a 265 pound linebacker? I kinda doubt it, so if I were you I wouldn't sit behind a keyboard and anonymously call pro football players cowards. 

But I'm sure your mom is very proud of you.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Tyrod's friend said:

Sorry about the text size - I agree. 

It was a cut and paste and it wasn't worth me re-formatting.

Yeah, Peterman wasn't a coward - not by my standards, but by the standards of the head coach. So there's that. Just curious .... you ever been hit by a 265 pound linebacker? I kinda doubt it, so if I were you I wouldn't sit behind a keyboard and anonymously call pro football players cowards. 

But I'm sure your mom is very proud of you.

I didn't call anybody a coward. You did lol.

35 minutes ago, Tyrod's friend said:

I've seen Tom Brady and other QBs act like cowards

I never called Peterman a coward. Just bad decision making. You called "Tom Brady and other QBs" cowards. And they have better decision making.

7 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

I'll repeat, Tyrod dealt with a very similar rush in the Mills / Von Miller matchup. Only he was smart enough to know Von Miller was going to get after him every time, and he compensated for that. I know Peterman is a rookie and all, but did he did he not know who Joey Bosa was? At all? Did he know who his turnstile RT was. It shouldn't have come as a surprise to Peterman he's be pressured.

Tyrod? What happened the other 85 times over the last two seasons that he was sacked - including leading the league in 2016? Was he not brilliant those times, or was it the offensive line?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Tyrod's friend said:

Tyrod? What happened the other 85 times over the last two seasons that he was sacked - including leading the league in 2016? Was he not brilliant those times, or was it the offensive line?

Stahpp. Who cares, he's not on the roster. He's better than Peterman. No quarterback in the league is a coward. I am, I hated getting hit in football. Peterman made horrible decisions. Tom Brady doesn't. You're just beating your chest on what a warrior Peterman is. Cool. He was a warrior, happy? He was really really bad too.

55 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

ShadyBillsFan wants us to know Taylor had three whole games with a QB rating under 45. Aside from forever and again posting Peterman's garbage-time stats against the Saints (and has any stats ever been more garbage-time?), this is Shady's clincher point : Taylor had three whole games with a QB rating under 45. Sounds pretty bad, but you know what's worse? Having an entire season with a qb rating under 45 !!! 

I give you Nate Peterman, 2017 :  24-49,  49%,  252 yds,  5.14 ypa,  2 tds,  21 yds longest completion,   5 int,  38.4 qb rating

You know what's really hilarious? Those numbers include the garbage-time stats Shady is so, so very proud of. Without'em I honestly think Peterman would have had a negative qb rating, if such a thing is mathematically  possible. But the ironies don't stop there. Shady wants us to know Taylor had a QB rating under 40 against Jacksonville. Sounds pretty bad, but you know what's worse? Having a single digit qb rating in the same game !!!

I give you Nate Peterman, 1-3,  33%,  14 yds,  4.67 ypa,  0 tds,  1 int,  9.7 qb rating

Of course, lets be fair : Nate only had four plays - during which he tallied one fumble, one intentional grounding, one interception. 

So here's my question : What the hell did Taylor ever to ShadyBillsFan anyway - to result in such molar-grinding, spittle-spraying, blood-vessel-popping hate ?!?

My guess? TT either keyed his car, kicked his dog, or stole his gal. It's the only answer which makes sense......

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, grb said:

ShadyBillsFan wants us to know Taylor had three whole games with a QB rating under 45. Aside from forever and again posting Peterman's garbage-time stats against the Saints (and has any stats ever been more garbage-time?), this is Shady's clincher point : Taylor had three whole games with a QB rating under 45. Sounds pretty bad, but you know what's worse? Having an entire season with a qb rating under 45 !!! 

I give you Nate Peterman, 2017 :  24-49,  49%,  252 yds,  5.14 ypa,  2 tds,  21 yds longest completion,   5 int,  38.4 qb rating

You know what's really hilarious? Those numbers include the garbage-time stats Shady is so, so very proud of. Without'em I honestly think Peterman would have had a negative qb rating, if such a thing is mathematically  possible. But the ironies don't stop there. Shady wants us to know Taylor had a QB rating under 40 against Jacksonville. Sounds pretty bad, but you know what's worse? Having a single digit qb rating in the same game !!!

I give you Nate Peterman, 1-3,  33%,  14 yds,  4.67 ypa,  0 tds,  1 int,  9.7 qb rating

Of course, lets be fair : Nate only had four plays - during which he tallied one fumble, one intentional grounding, one interception. 

So here's my question : What the hell did Taylor ever to ShadyBillsFan anyway - to result in such molar-grinding, spittle-spraying, blood-vessel-popping hate ?!?

My guess? TT either keyed his car, kicked his dog, or stole his gal. It's the only answer which makes sense......

What’s really priceless is I saw shady say all season qb ratings mean nothing and that Our starting qb over the last 3 years rating is inflated due to style of play.  But then he routinely turns to that stat to pad his argument if it fits his narrative On said player. I’m not even gonna say the players name becuz I’ve kept myself clean of most debates on him since his departure. 

..... and it feels good. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty

I actually like Peterman a bit more after that video. The guy commented that Peterman was making correct reads and attempting to throw with anticipation. 

Not in denial that he made mistakes. He should of taken sacks instead but if it was Petermans first NFL game and he was trying to do too much.