DP Browns want to trade with Giants - Dorsey Confirmed speaking to Gettleman & said Jets didn't offer enough for 1

3 hours ago, BillsFan17 said:

My thoughts exactly, might as well get as much as you can for the pick.

Problem with that thinking is The Bills will take Josh Allen. So they won’t be trading number 1 to the Bills because that’s who there targeting. 

I have Allen number 1 QB in this class so I would love it,  I think the Bills have Allen number 1 on there draft board. 

17 minutes ago, Logic said:

But was he just "playing on" a multiple time national champion, or was he largely responsible FOR the multiple national championships they won during his tenure?

They won 5 consecutive titles.  He was the starting QB on the last 2.

Just now, Chuck Wagon said:

They won 5 consecutive titles.  He was the starting QB on the last 2.

True. But notwithstanding the fact that they were a good team before Wentz arrived, pointing out that he won two national championships doesn't exactly diminish my point that Wentz did better against inferior competition than Allen did. I get it: Allen's surrounding cast stunk. But again, so did his competition, and it doesn't seem to me like he did enough to elevate his team or to show that he's anything more than a list of physical traits that don't necessarily add up to a starting caliber NFL quarterback. 

6 minutes ago, Logic said:

True. But notwithstanding the fact that they were a good team before Wentz arrived, pointing out that he won two national championships doesn't exactly diminish my point that Wentz did better against inferior competition than Allen did. I get it: Allen's surrounding cast stunk. But again, so did his competition, and it doesn't seem to me like he did enough to elevate his team or to show that he's anything more than a list of physical traits that don't necessarily add up to a starting caliber NFL quarterback. 

If you're throwing to a bunch of guys that either can't catch or can't get open, your stats are gonna suffer. And if they can't get open against inferior DBs, that makes it even tougher for Allen to up his completion %.

I would think it's fairly obvious that Mayfield, Rosen & Darnold had a better cast of characters on offense than Allen. Let's see how many offensive players are drafted out of OU, USC & UCLA vs Wyoming.

40 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

I think so too, but if the Gmen are interested in Darnold, they will wait to see who the Browns take and then select Darnold.

If the Browns pull the trigger with Buffalo it will be too late for Gettleman to get Darnold.  I believe that’s why the Browns are trying to get the Giants to trade to 1.  If Buffalo moves to 1 Cleveland can still get Allen at 4 plus a whole slew of Bills picks.  The Browns need players and a franchise QB, not just a franchise QB.  Trading with Buffalo gives them that.

Based on this I would be surprised if Cleveland’s ends up picking at 1.  It’s either going to come down to Giants or Bills moving up to 1. 

I can't imagine the Giants would make that trade.  If Dan Patrick heard it, then the Giants have too.  What are the Browns going to do, threaten the Giants?   "If you don't trade with us, we're going to draft Darnold," even though they like Allen better.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Reed83HOF said:

#Browns GM John Dorsey acknowledged meeting with #Giants GM Dave Gettleman this morning in Orlando. Dorsey also confirmed #Jets inquired about No. 1 pick, but "it wasn’t what we were looking for.”

These guys need to all sit down and have a few beverages and make sure everyone ends up with their guy.

7 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

#Browns GM John Dorsey acknowledged meeting with #Giants GM Dave Gettleman this morning in Orlando. Dorsey also confirmed #Jets inquired about No. 1 pick, but "it wasn’t what we were looking for.”

Ehhhh that's either good or very bad LOL

10 hours ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Jump in this Beane.  We get #4, the Browns get ODB, the Giants get a ton of picks.

No way you straight up trade #4 for Beckham and then have to pay him $18 million. Cleveland would be dumb. They traded a 4th and 7th for Landry.  He is worth more than that, but he is also due a new contract so the trade price goes down.

Beckham is a major headache, and he's hurt a lot.

31 minutes ago, cle23 said:

No way you straight up trade #4 for Beckham and then have to pay him $18 million. Cleveland would be dumb. They traded a 4th and 7th for Landry.  He is worth more than that, but he is also due a new contract so the trade price goes down.

Beckham is a major headache, and he's hurt a lot.

I can't wait for all this silliness to be over.  This trade up at all costs crowd suspended logic a few weeks ago and they are turning it upside down.  At this point I think it would be great if the Bills gave up 1000 picks, traded up and their pick busted.  It might be worth it to stop all the preaching.  Probably not, but maybe.

Making some sort of weird 3 way trade with Cle and NYG to move up and still be behind the Jets a month before the draft while not knowing who will be there makes less sense than trading Shady to the Nationals for Bryce Harper.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

I can't wait for all this silliness to be over.  This trade up at all costs crowd suspended logic a few weeks ago and they are turning it upside down.  At this point I think it would be great if the Bills gave up 1000 picks, traded up and their pick busted.  It might be worth it to stop all the preaching.  Probably not, but maybe.

Making some sort of weird 3 way trade with Cle and NYG to move up and still be behind the Jets a month before the draft while not knowing who will be there makes less sense than trading Shady to the Nationals for Bryce Harper.

I am with you on this.  Its getting a bit silly.  When is the last 3 way trade you heard of in the NFL?

11 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

I am with you on this.  Its getting a bit silly.  When is the last 3 way trade you heard of in the NFL?

I think they happen, maybe even a couple fairly recently, but I can't remember one that made zero sense for any of the three teams involved.

44 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

You are right.  The conservative approach has been wildly successful.  Even this year it's allowed the Jets to move to 3.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1