DP Browns want to trade with Giants - Dorsey Confirmed speaking to Gettleman & said Jets didn't offer enough for 1

Just now, billsfan11 said:

If the Giants take  a QB, the Bills are screwed.

That would mean Cleveland would draft one, Giants would, Jets would, Cleveland probably will not trade out with Barkley or Chubb being available at 4, Denver drafting one, and then that leave the Bills with Jackson or Rudolph

I don't see it that way, if indeed Allen is one of the first two picks.

I think Cleveland would trade out of their #4 pick which would be the most ideal situation for the Bills. 

Since you nor I have no idea what the teams will do we will just have to disagree on what would be an ideal situation.

1 minute ago, Dr. Who said:

Really appreciate your insights.  What are the chances any of these slip to twelve?  I like Mayfield and Rosen in that order.  I would take Allen if he's there at twelve.

Thanks for that.  I think they're all gone in the top 10--maybe even top 5.

1 minute ago, Chuck Wagon said:

If Beane and co have anywhere near the same assessment, they need to be doing everything in their power to get up to 4 right now.

Agreed...I have an inkling as to what they're thinking.

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I like him. I think he will go just outside the top 10. That’s still pretty high. It’s right where last year’s QBs went. I just don’t think the Broncos are taking any QB at 5 and I don’t see another team until 11 who will take him unless there is a trade up. I also don’t think miami is taking him. So, Bills.

I haven't kept up with the Broncos in the last two weeks but what makes you think they'll pass on a QB?

12 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I like him. I think he will go just outside the top 10. That’s still pretty high. It’s right where last year’s QBs went. I just don’t think the Broncos are taking any QB at 5 and I don’t see another team until 11 who will take him unless there is a trade up. I also don’t think miami is taking him. So, Bills.

Honestly I think it's more likely that 5 QBs including Jackson are gone before pick 12 than only 3 QBs of the board.

Good news, if that happens, Beane will be right, there's going to be a VERY good prospect pushed to 12, someone who would have been gone long before 21.

If this is true, there is no way the Browns will go lower than 2 and risk Allen coming off the board too and the Giants know it so they know they have all the leverage to hold #2 ransom.  The only way I could see anything coming about would be to bring the Jets into it.  If the Jets are willing to jump to #1 and take Darnold, then suddenly the Giants (according to reports) would probably prefer to take a trade down and what better ammo than to drop to #3 ensuring they get Barkley and extra picks while the Browns get Allen with extra draft capital in the Jets trade.  But all this assumes the Browns are willing to risk the Giants wanting to deal with them.

26 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

As far as Barkley goes, I would be pretty stunned in the Browns take him at 4. They really need a LT. They should take the best one. I can’t see Dorsey rolling with Shon Coleman/Spencer Drago with how he’s priortized that position in the past. He was all in on trying to get Nate Solder. He’s taking one high. Very much doubt he would ever take a RB that high.

Perhaps I'll be wrong, but I don't see him reaching for a LT that high either; this draft just doesn't have one remotely worth a top 5 pick. He can get a LT with one of his 2nd round picks that's just as likely to be good as whoever ends up going in the 1st round.

I agree re: Barkley though. I think Cleveland takes Chubb at 4 if they stay there (assuming they take a QB with their first pick).

5 minutes ago, Magox said:

I don't see it that way, if indeed Allen is one of the first two picks.

I think Cleveland would trade out of their #4 pick which would be the most ideal situation for the Bills. 

Since you nor I have no idea what the teams will do we will just have to disagree on what would be an ideal situation.

You are right that we don't know. But why would Cleveland trade out of 4?

They already have so many picks and they are not going into re building mode again.

No way I see them passing on Barkley or Chubb for many reasons

Edited by billsfan11

Just now, billsfan11 said:

They already have so many picks and they are not going into re building mode again.

No way I see them passing on Barkley on Chubb for many reasons

Because they could probably get the #12 and #22 I'm guessing for that.    Which means they could get a really good LB, DT, Guard or Tackle with that.   Plus this is a deep draft for RB's, they could get a good one in the 2nd or 3rd round if they choose wisely.  I'd rather have the #12 and #22 than Barkley or Chubb.  That's just me though.  They may agree with you

3 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

Perhaps I'll be wrong, but I don't see him reaching for a LT that high either; this draft just doesn't have one remotely worth a top 5 pick. He can get a LT with one of his 2nd round picks that's just as likely to be good as whoever ends up going in the 1st round.

I agree re: Barkley though. I think Cleveland takes Chubb at 4 if they stay there (assuming they take a QB with their first pick).

Dorsey took a OT from western Michigan #1 overall 5 years ago. I think he should trade down from 4 though anyway. 

Here's my thing.  Again, we are working in hypotheticals, but why would the Browns want the Giants to trade up to 1 and take Darnold if they like Allen more?  Why not just take Allen at 1 and be done with it?  To me, they only would entice the Giants to trade up at 1 because they covet 2 to 3 players.  Given the information that we were given, let's say the Browns covet Allen and either Barkley or Chubb.  In either case, they are taking that other guy at 4.  They are not trading the pick.

We need to face the possibility of a harsh reality, namely, we might get shut out of the top 4 QB sweepstakes.  It is unfortunate, but it is possible.  I'm hoping for something, anything that lands us a bright signal caller, but at this point, I'm entertaining the possibility that we might get shut out and if we do, what's the next move?

11 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

No way I see them passing on Barkley on Chubb for many reasons

Just because you have 12-14 picks on March ~31st doesn't mean you are drafting 12-14 players.  They could maneuver all over the board.  If all the QBs are going that early, it could push Jackson up the board (like in our Bills mock draft).  At 12 you could still be looking at a blue chip position player.  You could give up 22 / 2 2nds to potentially get back above 12 and take 2 blue chip position players.  You can get a 2019 pick and begin setting yourself up for next year.  There's good reasons to stay at 4 if there's a guy you like who you know will be gone.  Having too many picks is not one of them.

43 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:
Josh NorrisVerified account @JoshNorris 3m3 minutes ago
This morning on the @dpshow, Dan Patrick cites a scouting source saying the Browns are using their "love" of Sam Darnold as bait, hoping the Giants trade up to No. 1... adding the Browns prefer Josh Allen.

image.thumb.png.6eb9c493cb8791e89b3da498104200dd.png

This is quite interesting.  As the Giants have only six picks I could not see what they could offer to go from 2 to 1.

Maybe it's the Browns offering a 2nd to Giants to swap positions from 4 to 2.

Then if the rest of the report is correct, the Browns take Allen and Barkley, Jets make their pick and Giants select Darnold if the Jets don't pick him and go Mayfield or Rosen, or select Chubb at 4 if Darnold is taken.

This leads to a lot of interesting possibilities for the Bills.  Which QB drops and do they drop past the Broncos and Colts picks?

Does Arizona come up with an offer to move up from 15 to get a QB, or does Denver look forward and take the remaining top 4 QB prospect at 4.

Indeed, this is getting interesting

1 minute ago, Magox said:

Because they could probably get the #12 and #22 I'm guessing for that.    Which means they could get a really good LB, DT, Guard or Tackle with that.   Plus this is a deep draft for RB's, they could get a good one in the 2nd or 3rd round if they choose wisely.  I'd rather have the #12 and #22 than Barkley or Chubb.  That's just me though.  They may agree with you

Fair enough, definitely not saying you are wrong either. But just judging by the direction they are going in free agency and combining the fact they can draft a freak RB in Barkley, I just can't see them trading out.

Who knows though, we will see soon enough

1 minute ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

So Dan Patrick is saying that the Browns want the Giants to be scared that the Browns will take a QB that they don't like, Darnold, instead of Allen who they do like, if the Giants don't give them picks to to swap spots?

That doesn't make any sense to me.

Lol exactly my thought

1 minute ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

So Dan Patrick is saying that the Browns want the Giants to be scared that the Browns will take a QB that they don't like, Darnold, instead of Allen who they do like, if the Giants don't give them picks to to swap spots?

That doesn't make any sense to me.

It sounds as if they want to trade down to 2 if they can