Mandela Effect

100DollarBills

57 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

There never was a chalice in The Last Supper.  

It was McDonalds Hamburglar glass.

Which one, there have been a couple of styles....

https://www.google.com/search?q=mcdonalds+hamburglar+glass&newwindow=1&safe=off&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi8-dLizJLaAhUKyFkKHW88DQIQ_AUICigB&biw=1280&bih=603

• Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Just Jack said:

Vintage-Mcdonalds-Drinking-Glass-Hamburg

That's truly the Hamburglar Glass of the King of Kings.

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

But who's hand and knife? That's my point... it  doesn't look like it's one of the apostles... it's just there

Keyser Soze.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 3/28/2018 at 2:39 PM, ShadyBillsFan said:

In the past year or so I have been hearing the people on the History Channel pronounce this word differently that I recalled it from my youth

Neander - thall  or Neander - tall  

Ne·an·der·thal
[nēˈandərTHôl]

NOUN
  1. an extinct species of human that was widely distributed in ice-age Europe between c.120,000–35,000 years ago, with a receding forehead and prominent brow ridges. The Neanderthals were associated with the Mousterian flint industry of the Middle Paleolithic.

Also the Planet   Uranis    

Ur[your] anis  or Ur a[h] nis 

How do you pronounce Appalachia? 

Edited by Cripple Creek

1 hour ago, /dev/null said:

app a lay chah

thanks ....   been gone 20 years I forgot the pronunciation  

I remember this                                                                                  now I see this 

Image result for us flags 1960                     Image result for us flags 1960

Edited by ShadyBillsFan
  • Haha (+1) 2

Appalachia has been pronounced one way for about 999 out of 1000 times heard

it was another way when LLLLoyd Carr showed up totally unprepared for opening day at the Big House.

(then LLLLoyd showed up totally unprepared for Oregon's quick huddle triple-option the next Saturday at the Big House)

26 minutes ago, 100DollarBills said:

It was both, they both had a monocle. 

No, they didn't.  You weren't implanted with fake memories, or are inheriting them from the multiverse.

You're just wrong.  That's it.  You're wrong.  

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Diverging timeline! Get it right! 

(I can't do my sneaky emoji for some reason) :beer:

Haven’t you been following he thread? You know damn well why you can use that no longer existing emoji

• Haha (+1) 1

On 3/28/2018 at 6:19 PM, Deranged Rhino said:

I haven't been following this thread but for giggles - but the Bears one is straight up real. I loved those books as a kid. I had them all, and it was stein. Not a doubt in my mind. 

I'm telling you I still have mine from 30 years ago.  I thought the same but they are in my daughter's room and I looked through them all.  Berenstain on every one of them.

So I ask op... what is more likely?  I mis-remembered because I was a child and it was 30 years ago or I am infallible and there is a grand conspiracy that is changing minor details in my memory?

Further what of it?  I can't grasp why this is so earth shattering to you.  I can't believe your belief in Jiffy peanut butter is so strong that it not existing "shakes you to your core."  I say this with all sincerity, I am worried about your mental health op.  This isn't "huh that's weird" you have crossed over to "I am right and everyone else is wrong no matter the evidence I am presented with."  Not a good way to go through life imo.  These are some GRAND conspiracies.  What would be the point of these false memories?   

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, section122 said:

I'm telling you I still have mine from 30 years ago.  I thought the same but they are in my daughter's room and I looked through them all.  Berenstain on every one of them.

So I ask op... what is more likely?  I mis-remembered because I was a child and it was 30 years ago or I am infallible and there is a grand conspiracy that is changing minor details in my memory?

Further what of it?  I can't grasp why this is so earth shattering to you.  I can't believe your belief in Jiffy peanut butter is so strong that it not existing "shakes you to your core."  I say this with all sincerity, I am worried about your mental health op.  This isn't "huh that's weird" you have crossed over to "I am right and everyone else is wrong no matter the evidence I am presented with."  Not a good way to go through life imo.  These are some GRAND conspiracies.  What would be the point of these false memories?   

I know you addressed the OP (who has been all over in this thread) but I'll answer from my own (fringe) position:

I don't (at all) discount the possibility of memories failing me or others. Entirely reasonable and possible, as are brand name / marketing changes for products playing a role -  especially for more of the logo related examples of the Mandela effect. Always open to being wrong, because the only thing I KNOW for sure is that I do not know everything. 

That all said, I am open to a lot more possibilities than most (without a doubt) so I can't immediately dismiss it as false memory. The notion of a multiverse - or the possibility of multiverses - is not impossible from an empirical standpoint. Bleed through (for a lack of a better term) might be possible and might explain any number of paranormal events, including (IMO) some ME stuff. 

I'm partial to the idea of diverging timelines (a really interesting concept to me) because I write fiction for a living and am a romantic in that way - but I would never state "it's 100% this, I'm right you're all wrong" because it's just not my style. 

Could easily be a bad memory ... Or, my original timeline (and yours apparently) merged with a new one wherein it's Berenstain for reasons unknown.

:beer:

Edited by Deranged Rhino
  • Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

I've not read all 11 pages.  Knowing you knuckleheads it's gone waaaaay of track.  But to answer the original question.  Carl Jung and the collective unconscious. 

You have not idea what you’ve missed!

Lucky you...

The smartest of us don’t know squat. 

4 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

At times I could swear I lived a dream.  

But I’ve never met Charlize Theron. 

She has said the same thing about you. Sweet dreams!  

• Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Augie said:

You have not idea what you’ve missed!

Lucky you...

Well I had a feeling.  I saw the first few posts and saw it went 11 pages and could only imagine.  I did search Carl Jung first to see if he was mentioned. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.