Mandela Effect

100DollarBills

On 3/29/2018 at 5:53 PM, Buffalo716 said:

What about the hidden hand with the protruding knife? I never understood that 

I just saw a “cleaned” up image of the last supper on the TV.   

Peter is looking at Mary -  his left hand on her shoulder and his right arm and hand at a wired angle is holding what looks like a knife with a long loop on the upper side. 

LastSupper-58f635443df78ca159f2dd55.jpg

Every recreation is slightly different 

ih1vnE5.jpg

On 3/29/2018 at 7:55 PM, Buffalo716 said:

But who's hand and knife? That's my point... it  doesn't look like it's one of the apostles... it's just there

5 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I just saw a “cleaned” up image of the last supper on the TV.   

Peter is looking at Mary -  his left hand on her shoulder and his right arm and hand at a wired angle is holding what looks like a knife with a long loop on the upper side. 

ih1vnE5.jpg

On those ones it does clearly look like Peter is holding it.

on grainier originals it doesn't look as clean and you can't tell if it's Peters hand at an angle

also Divinci was known to portray biblical figures as very feminine including John the baptist as well... who was very rugged... Still no absolute proof it's Mary and not a feminine John in the picture

no gospels put Mary at the last supper even though Davinci is allowed creative license in his art... he wasn't  there obviously but history doesn't put Magdaline there

: AFTER DOING SOME STUDYING :

i came to the conclusion that Peter is the one holding the knife... with Judas in the foreground knocking over the salt container  holding a bag of coins foreshadowing his bribe ( the scene is right after his intentions are made known)

Peter is possibly holding the knife foreshadowing his attack on the Roman guard in Gethsemane

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

ih1vnE5.jpg

4 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

33 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

On those ones it does clearly look like Peter is holding it.

on grainier originals it doesn't look as clean and you can't tell if it's Peters hand at an angle

also Divinci was known to portray biblical figures as very feminine including John the baptist as well... who was very rugged... Still no absolute proof it's Mary and not a feminine John in the picture

no gospels put Mary at the last supper even though Davinci is allowed creative license in his art... he wasn't  there obviously but history doesn't put Magdaline there

My personal favorite rendition of The Last Supper:

south-park-s13e03c14-the-last-pizza-part

• Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, /dev/null said:

My personal favorite rendition of The Last Supper:

south-park-s13e03c14-the-last-pizza-part

Don't know how you can favor anything over this one...

mash.jpeg

2 hours ago, sherpa said:

da Vinci's painting is based on Catholic tradition at the time.

Extremely improbable there wa anything like that table at the meal.

They ate reclined with cushions, and very low tables which held the food.

But I remember a table!  #ImplantedMemory

On 3/28/2018 at 11:17 AM, 100DollarBills said:

IMG_3271.JPG

By the way...this idiocy?  You can find antique VWs with the logo on the right going all the way back to 1936.  

This is not an example of "mind control."  It's an example of being a goddamn moron.

25 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Don't know how you can favor anything over this one...

because i'm not a self-righteous douche

14 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

By the way...this idiocy?  You can find antique VWs with the logo on the right going all the way back to 1936.  

You know who else saw VW logos like that?

Beetle4.jpg

5 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

i didn't watch all of it but they have hot women at CERN

What are we looking for?  Aliens?  Repoids?  The Deep State?

A number of things - one is the number on the left hand corner of the screen in the screen cap of the vid. 

The other is around 2:30ish - a man in a chair. 

On 3/30/2018 at 6:37 PM, Deranged Rhino said:

I know you addressed the OP (who has been all over in this thread) but I'll answer from my own (fringe) position:

I don't (at all) discount the possibility of memories failing me or others. Entirely reasonable and possible, as are brand name / marketing changes for products playing a role -  especially for more of the logo related examples of the Mandela effect. Always open to being wrong, because the only thing I KNOW for sure is that I do not know everything. 

That all said, I am open to a lot more possibilities than most (without a doubt) so I can't immediately dismiss it as false memory. The notion of a multiverse - or the possibility of multiverses - is not impossible from an empirical standpoint. Bleed through (for a lack of a better term) might be possible and might explain any number of paranormal events, including (IMO) some ME stuff. 

I'm partial to the idea of diverging timelines (a really interesting concept to me) because I write fiction for a living and am a romantic in that way - but I would never state "it's 100% this, I'm right you're all wrong" because it's just not my style. 

Could easily be a bad memory ... Or, my original timeline (and yours apparently) merged with a new one wherein it's Berenstain for reasons unknown.

:beer:

I spent the weekend pondering this.  I won't completely discount this as I have no proof of converging timelines being real or not however....

Again I ask why does it matter?  If our reality isn't really reality but it is our reality doesn't that make it reality?

Head hurt?  Yeah mine too lol

Basically if it is timelines converging but none of us know/realize it, why does it matter?  It really comes off as "I can't be wrong so let me come up with a completely implausible reason to explain it."  

I'm human, my memory is completely and totally fallible.  I can tell you about an instance of me thinking I went back in time down to a horse and buggy almost running me over.  I was really high at the time so instead of believing in time travel I thought maybe I shouldn't overdo it so much :lol:.  I have a situation where I was riding shotgun and someone clearly said "wake up section122" when I looked around the car to see who said it everyone was sleeping including the driver.  I saved us from going off a huge embankment and serious injury/death. From that day forward I have never questioned a higher being or guardian angel if you will.  So I get the unexplained side of this discussion but this is a topic that will generate a ton of skepticism especially when OP refuses to admit that there is a possibility that this is all hooey.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, section122 said:

I spent the weekend pondering this.  I won't completely discount this as I have no proof of converging timelines being real or not however....

Again I ask why does it matter?  If our reality isn't really reality but it is our reality doesn't that make it reality?

Head hurt?  Yeah mine too lol

Basically if it is timelines converging but none of us know/realize it, why does it matter?  It really comes off as "I can't be wrong so let me come up with a completely implausible reason to explain it."  

I'm human, my memory is completely and totally fallible.  I can tell you about an instance of me thinking I went back in time down to a horse and buggy almost running me over.  I was really high at the time so instead of believing in time travel I thought maybe I shouldn't overdo it so much :lol:.  I have a situation where I was riding shotgun and someone clearly said "wake up section122" when I looked around the car to see who said it everyone was sleeping including the driver.  I saved us from going off a huge embankment and serious injury/death. From that day forward I have never questioned a higher being or guardian angel if you will.  So I get the unexplained side of this discussion but this is a topic that will generate a ton of skepticism especially when OP refuses to admit that there is a possibility that this is all hooey.

:beer: 

The question "why does it matter" is totally valid and you raise excellent points. I agree ultimately it doesn't matter, it's only problematic if one spends their life grappling with such esoteric questions that it begins to impact negatively other (more tangible) areas of their lives. 

That's a line I try to mind as I walk through my own life. By nature I'm inquisitive, by trade I've found pondering or trying to answer such unanswerable questions useful in terms of coming up with material to write about - but ultimately your take is same and reasoned. 

Love that passenger story though! 

58 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

summed up in 9 words 

I wonder where Déjà vu fits into this?  

Ive only had deja Vu once - and it was rather jarring. I would imagine it fits into the same sort of category as my take on the ME - but it's not something I've thought much of before. 

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Ive only had deja Vu once - and it was rather jarring. I would imagine it fits into the same sort of category as my take on the ME - but it's not something I've thought much of before. 

I used to have deja vu memories a couple times a year but not so much recently.   

2 minutes ago, 100DollarBills said:

Eli Whitney the cotton gin inventory was African American in my memory, he was one of the few great African American inventors. This was taught during black history month. 

Will you please stop implanting in my mind the memory that you're a !@#$ing idiot?

• Thank you (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, 100DollarBills said:

Eli Whitney the cotton gin inventory was African American in my memory, he was one of the few great African American inventors. This was taught during black history month. 

you are thinking of Eli  Whitney  Houston  

as in Eli Whitney Houston & the Cotton Gin and Tonics

100 % pure cotton 

Image result for whitney houston cotton

4 hours ago, 100DollarBills said:

3 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

you are thinking of Eli  Whitney  Houston  

as in Eli Whitney Houston & the Cotton Gin and Tonics

100 % pure cotton 

Did Eli Whitney Houston invent the cotton gin before or after founding the city of Austin, TX?

9 hours ago, /dev/null said:

Did Eli Whitney Houston invent the cotton gin before or after founding the city of Austin, TX?

No no no, It was THELMA Houston who invented the cotton gin, then she sang:

i love the night life

i love to boogie 

on rhe disco row-hound oh yeah

its all very like you know scientific?

16 hours ago, 100DollarBills said:

I thought a Russian, Boris something, invented the cotton gin.  Of course that may just be the Mendelovsky affect.

6 hours ago, row_33 said:

No no no, It was THELMA Houston who invented the cotton gin, then she sang:

i love the night life

i love to boogie 

on rhe disco row-hound oh yeah

its all very like you know scientific?

I thought she drove in to the Grand Canyon with Louise Austin?  I distinctly remember that.

On 3/22/2018 at 5:23 PM, 100DollarBills said:

Those things don't exist widespread today, and no explaination from manufacturers. Green lights use to be on top everywhere, when did they switch? These are rock solid memories for me. You can't understand because you wouldn't know, you didn't have those experiences, but many others did. 

That's another big one for me. I distinctly remember Oscar Meyer hotdogs, they were my favorite as a child, it's practically burned into my retna. 

No way. Don’t you remember the song?  My bologna has a first name. It’s o-s-c-a-r. My bologna has a second name. It’s m-a-y-e-r. Some brand, same spelling. Your retinas are mistaken. 

20 minutes ago, Philly McButterpants said:

No way. Don’t you remember the song?  My bologna has a first name. It’s o-s-c-a-r. My bologna has a second name. It’s m-a-y-e-r. Some brand, same spelling. Your retinas are mistaken. 

#ImplantedRetinas

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.