Mandela Effect

100DollarBills

3 hours ago, 100DollarBills said:

Well I'm sorry you feel that way. An open mind wouldn't hurt, especially with many physicists supporting multiverse and simulation theory. Honestly I don't know how much of it to believe, but I do remember some of my hardcore childhood memories. 

Ha, have an open mind. This pseudoscientific theory exists simply because people can't accept the fact that they misremembered a few pieces of meaningless trivia.

54 minutes ago, sodbuster said:

Ha, have an open mind. This pseudoscientific theory exists simply because people can't accept the fact that they misremembered a few pieces of meaningless trivia.

That’s what our cultures have shriveled up to.

and it wasThe Moops

1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

No, it's not.  If you're trying to prove you're not an idiot, you're failing spectacularly.

Did you even watch the video? Simulation theory is under the intial foundation of physics with Ontology. Ontology is a prerequisite for the understanding of what is real. It's the very foundation of what is the material world. There are a lot of physicist out there that believe the simulation theory is a reasonable interpretation of our reality. Elon Musk is also on board the simulation train. If we can ever manage to get robots to achieve consciousness, you can bet all your money we live in some sort of simulation. 

9 minutes ago, row_33 said:

That’s what our cultures have shriveled up to.

and it wasThe Moops

Because modern science cannot explain how the big bang created itself out of nothing, which would break the rules of physics. The minute we can create lifeforms from inorganic material, I will start believing in our bogus interpretation of life. 

Edited by 100DollarBills

2 hours ago, row_33 said:

People misheard song lyrics

oh my goodness, this is more valuable than anything Newton or Einstein ever did

Just because new theories of our universe are being discussed doesn't mean the contributions of Newton or Einstein are any less important. The quantum world and particle physics is opening the possibility of new theories. The materialist have a hard time fitting their theories around consciousness and particle behavior. Idealism is making a comeback. 

11 hours ago, 100DollarBills said:

Did you even watch the video? Simulation theory is under the intial foundation of physics with Ontology. Ontology is a prerequisite for the understanding of what is real. It's the very foundation of what is the material world. There are a lot of physicist out there that believe the simulation theory is a reasonable interpretation of our reality. Elon Musk is also on board the simulation train. If we can ever manage to get robots to achieve consciousness, you can bet all your money we live in some sort of simulation.

I'm a physicist.  I don't need a !@#$ing YouTube video to tell me what is and is not physics.  And that is not physics.

Because modern science cannot explain how the big bang created itself out of nothing, which would break the rules of physics. 

No, it doesn't, and yes, it can.  What's more, it doesn't need to.  Source: I'm a physicist, and you're a goddamn idiot.

10 minutes ago, 100DollarBills said:

Just because new theories of our universe are being discussed doesn't mean the contributions of Newton or Einstein are any less important. The quantum world and particle physics is opening the possibility of new theories. The materialist have a hard time fitting their theories around consciousness and particle behavior. 

"Particle behavior?"  The !@#$ is this nonsense?  There is NO difficulty describing that.

Because modern science cannot explain how the big bang created itself out of nothing, which would break the rules of physics. The minute we can create lifeforms from inorganic material, I will start believing in our bogus interpretation of life. 

What did God create life from?

Dust and then a rib.  

BAZINGA!!!!

1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

I'm a physicist.  I don't need a !@#$ing YouTube video to tell me what is and is not physics.  And that is not physics.

No, it doesn't, and yes, it can.  What's more, it doesn't need to.  Source: I'm a physicist, and you're a goddamn idiot.

"Particle behavior?"  The !@#$ is this nonsense?  There is NO difficulty describing that.

I don't know what to tell you. Go listen to Sylvester James Jones, George Smoot, Elon Musk, etc. String theory and Quantum mechanics leaves a lot of possibilities for multiverses, holographic universe, simulated universe. What I'm talking about particle behavior is the uncertainty principle, and how particles are probalistic in their observed location, ask Heisenberg and Schrodinger. 

Edited by 100DollarBills

6 minutes ago, 100DollarBills said:

I think we have been designed in a simulation, we are the product of some advanced civilizations quantum computers. 

Can I ask a few questions?

How old are you? (serious)

How many times have you watched the matrix? (not serious)

9 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Does the Sun rise or the Earth rotate?

Now I know this is all a big joke.  

latest?cb=20130907210650

It would explain a lot of things, we are an imperfect creation that has a lot of problems that would be created from an imperfect civilization. 

Edited by 100DollarBills

3 minutes ago, 100DollarBills said:

It would explain a lot of things, we are an imperfect creation that has a lot of problems that would be created from an imperfect civilization. 

except for some reason, in your mind, your memory is not imperfect...

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, section122 said:

Can I ask a few questions?

How old are you? (serious)

How many times have you watched the matrix? (not serious)

28. I've watch the Matrix maybe 5 times. I don't base my rationale on that movie, but I bet it's not to far off. The main question is, if we truly are a simulation, do we have a form outside the program, or is our consciousness downloaded. We could have volunteered or forced, who knows. 

Edited by 100DollarBills

13 minutes ago, 100DollarBills said:

28. I've watch the Matrix maybe 5 times. I don't base my rationale on that movie, but I bet it's not to far off. The main question is, if we truly are a simulation, do we have a form outside the program, or is our consciousness downloaded. We could have volunteered or forced, who knows. 

What is your profession?

21 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

What is your profession?

Engineering. 

I think in our simulated world, we are programmed with advanced decision tree logic, giving the appearance of free will but also feeling somewhat predetermined. 

Edited by 100DollarBills

1 hour ago, 100DollarBills said:

What I'm talking about particle behavior is the uncertainty principle, and how particles are probalistic in their observed location, ask Heisenberg and Schrodinger. 

That's well-described.

Again, I'M A PHYSICIST.  I know this stuff.  I'm published on the subject (quantum and statistical physics).  You are worse than ignorant on the subject.

29 minutes ago, 100DollarBills said:

Engineering. 

I think in our simulated world, we are programmed with advanced decision tree logic, giving the appearance of free will but also feeling somewhat predetermined. 

Soft determinism.  I have a friend who would talk to you for hours about this subject.  I'll ask though... If it IS a simulation but we don't know doesn't it mean it isn't a simulation and is our reality.  Therefore the entire thought process is moot.  Unless someone offers you a red pill that is... :lol:

47 minutes ago, 100DollarBills said:

Do you smoke weed?  Enjoy psychedelics? At one point in time I wondered what if the Matrix was sent to us as a warning and perhaps we all were living in the Matrix.  I was really really really high though :bag:

Just now, section122 said:

Soft determinism.  I have a friend who would talk to you for hours about this subject.  I'll ask though... If it IS a simulation but we don't know doesn't it mean it isn't a simulation and is our reality.  Therefore the entire thought process is moot.  Unless someone offers you a red pill that is... :lol:

Do you smoke weed?  Enjoy psychedelics? At one point in time I wondered what if the Matrix was sent to us as a warning and perhaps we all were living in the Matrix.  I was really really really high though :bag:

Not real weed.  It's simulated weed.

3 minutes ago, 100DollarBills said:

Question for those that have a hard time believing this. If we manage to create a conscious AI life form, who is to say a more superior civilization didn't create a conscious life form through quantum computing? 

Why would we need to create conscious ai first?  Couldn't you believe that without us creating a conscious ai?  I hate to do this to you buddy but:

aliens.thumb.jpg.23f313f7e3e403a1c92fe0e5ac875cd6.jpg

Further isn't religion based on the idea of some being creating all of this?  In Christianity the big bang is god saying let there be light.  Then man was made in his image, etc, etc...

6 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Not real weed.  It's simulated weed.

That was a damn fine simulation! :lol:

9 minutes ago, section122 said:

Honestly nobody truly knows, maybe that's the plan, maybe it will be revealed, maybe the programmers will make updates. I believe in "glitches in the system" , speed of light being the maximum processing speed. If we do truly live in a simulated reality, that is kinda fun I suppose. Basically that would mean we have nearly unlimited potential in this reality, we are our own masters. Provided the program isn't designed to abruptly terminate. Maybe this is a self awareness developmental program, and once we have reached our true potentials we are allowed to exit the program after a few lifetimes. Maybe we signed up for this experiment to try and win this simulated game, or maybe we are eternal slaves, it's fun to think about. I think the mandela effect has something to do with glitches in the matrix. 

15 minutes ago, section122 said:

Why would we need to create conscious ai first?  Couldn't you believe that without us creating a conscious ai?  I hate to do this to you buddy but:

aliens.thumb.jpg.23f313f7e3e403a1c92fe0e5ac875cd6.jpg

Further isn't religion based on the idea of some being creating all of this?  In Christianity the big bang is god saying let there be light.  Then man was made in his image, etc, etc...

That was a damn fine simulation! :lol:

We can believe in it without creating conscious AI, but doing it just proves if our civilization can create conscious AI and advanced quantum computers, what makes you think an advanced civilization that is class 3 couldn't harvest the energy of stars to power their advanced simulation programs. 

2 minutes ago, 100DollarBills said:

I also think there are some of the outside civilization that created our simulated reality comes into our reality to play along, with hidden knowledge, etc. I honestly think it's one big game, and we might find out, we might not. 

Still not physics...

53 minutes ago, 100DollarBills said:

Question for those that have a hard time believing this. If we manage to create a conscious AI life form, who is to say a more superior civilization didn't create a conscious life form through quantum computing? 

"We" did... It's called: Tom's Bot.

It's just in the shop right now for an oil change and tire rotation.

22 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

"We" did... It's called: Tom's Bot.

It's just in the shop right now for an oil change and tire rotation.

Eventually we are going to create a VR where look, feel, sound is indistinguishable from our "immediate" surroundings. It will be a VR inside a VR. 

2 hours ago, DC Tom said:

That's well-described.

Again, I'M A PHYSICIST.  I know this stuff.  I'm published on the subject (quantum and statistical physics).  You are worse than ignorant on the subject.

Sorry, I'm going to follow Sylvester James Gates and Elon Musk on this one. 

14 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

And THAT is why you're a !@#$ing idiot.  

Learn something about it instead of following others.

Following people who are actually accomplished and are leaders of their field is a start, I don't claim to know everything about physics, I've only taken the necessary things to get my degree, and I'm still learning advance physics on my own. However you shouldn't easily dismiss the marriage between ontology and theoretical physics in regards to multiverses or potentially simulated realities. 

Edited by 100DollarBills

38 minutes ago, 100DollarBills said:

It might be correct for you, but it's not the flag of my memory. 

Can we dig deeper into why you are so certain that your memory is infallible?  I have never met anyone that won't admit that their memory may be faulty.

btw I talked to my buddy that is a philosophy professor.  He says you need to read Schopenhauer and that what you are discussing is philosophy not physics.  Physics would require physical evidence which you haven't supplied just personal anecdotes.  If you found a Berenstein Bears book for example or kit kat with a hyphen.

6 minutes ago, section122 said:

Can we dig deeper into why you are so certain that your memory is infallible?  I have never met anyone that won't admit that their memory may be faulty.

I enjoyed Caddyshack 2 when I was a kid. I can gladly admit now that I was an idiot. 

12 minutes ago, section122 said:

btw I talked to my buddy that is a philosophy professor.  He says you need to read Schopenhauer and that what you are discussing is philosophy not physics.  Physics would require physical evidence which you haven't supplied just personal anecdotes.  If you found a Berenstein Bears book for example or kit kat with a hyphen.

I will admit I fail to remember things if I don't feel confident of that belief. All the ones I have stated I know with the fiber of my being they are how I remembered it. I understand the difference between philosophy and physics, but to understand the basics of physics you have to study ontology. There are physists who do believe that one day string theory or quantum mechanics will explain some metaphysical ideas. Sylvester James Gates is one of those people who are connecting physics with the metaphysics. Like I said, there are some of us who have such vivid memories, they are basically burned into our reality, it's why we all feel something isn't right. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.