Mandela Effect

100DollarBills

28 minutes ago, shrader said:

My personal favorite is how it started off very simple, but then with each day, the conspiracy has grown wider and wider.  We're about a week away from him telling us he never actually started this thread.

Hey there is something clearly going on. It's either gaslighting, psyops, or something weirder. It's a 1984 world out there. A lot of evil people minipulating information causing cognitive dissonance. When you have governments actively performing mind control experiments on people such as MKUltra, and other experiments such as memory implantation, you begin to question everything. 

Edited by 100DollarBills

42 minutes ago, shrader said:

My personal favorite is how it started off very simple, but then with each day, the conspiracy has grown wider and wider.  We're about a week away from him telling us he never actually started this thread.

He didn't.  I did! 

Let me help you - they have a chat board.  

Mandela Effect Reddit - reddit: the front page of the internet

• Like (+1) 1

Why the !@#$ is this dumbass thread still going?  

42 minutes ago, 100DollarBills said:

Hey there is something clearly going on. It's either gaslighting, psyops, or something weirder. It's a 1984 world out there. A lot of evil people minipulating information causing cognitive dissonance. When you have governments actively performing mind control experiments on people such as MKUltra, and other experiments such as memory implantation, you begin to question everything. 

MKUltra?  Get with the program.  We're on to mind control with fluoride intercepting HAARP signals bounced of chemtrails.  Connect the dots!

4 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Why the !@#$ is this dumbass thread still going?  

MKUltra?  Get with the program.  We're on to mind control with fluoride intercepting HAARP signals bounced of chemtrails.  Connect the dots!

I don't actively believe in those things, but mind control experiments such as MKUltra have been taking place for years. Still trying to figure out if the so called Mandela Effect is a form of memory implantation. 

28 minutes ago, 100DollarBills said:

I don't actively believe in those things, but mind control experiments such as MKUltra have been taking place for years. Still trying to figure out if the so called Mandela Effect is a form of memory implantation. 

Don't know why you'd believe in them - actively or passively - if the memories of them haven't yet been implanted by the multiverse.

God, you're absurd.  :lol:

10 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Don't know why you'd believe in them - actively or passively - if the memories of them haven't yet been implanted by the multiverse.

No, what I'm saying is I'm not sure if the government is implanting false memories to cause cognitive dissonance. Mass confabulation. Or the Mandela Effect could weirdly be multiverse, or it could simply be misremembering, but why would 20 somethings with perfectly normal minds be conflating the "status quo" with alternative memories. 

Edited by 100DollarBills

21 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

I know you've called him it (multiple times) but  I want to know

where the OFFICIAL  You're an Idiot DCTom Bot message went (if it existed at all) 

When did they stop spelling Potatoe  w/o an e?? 

13 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I know you've called him it (multiple times) but  I want to know

where the OFFICIAL  You're an Idiot DCTom Bot message went (if it existed at all) 

When did they stop spelling Potatoe  w/o an e?? 

You're asking me?

Because I don't actually exist in this simulation, except as a shared false memory implanted by one of the CIAs in the multiverse.  Because...physics!

• Haha (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, row_33 said:

I thought the Go-Go White Sox lost the 58 World Series, but it was 59.

Universes are changing over this disabusing of my baseball history.

Kind of like when you don't remember eating corn the previous day yet the evidence is there staring you in the face?

29 minutes ago, shrader said:

Kind of like when you don't remember eating corn the previous day yet the evidence is there staring you in the face?

Fortunately the contents of the bowl have not been a medical concern for a few years running.

9 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

neither surprises me .   They do "product" things differently in Europe than they do in the US.  

I first thought they might produce somethings differently for some countries, but I can't find any current pictures to support the ME image. 

Edited by 100DollarBills

37 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

When did kitty corner become cater corner ?

It never did.  It's a derivative of "cattywampus," as derived by morons who think they have an implanted false memory of "wampus" being "corner."

(And yes, I try to use ":cattywampus" in a conversation at least once a week.)

7 minutes ago, 100DollarBills said:

I first thought they might produce somethings differently for some countries, but I can't find any current pictures to support the ME image. 

Did you ever consider that the problem may not be someone implanting false memories in your head, but rather that you're a !@#$ing idiot?  I mean, Occam's razor and all...

• Haha (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

It never did.  It's a derivative of "cattywampus," as derived by morons who think they have an implanted false memory of "wampus" being "corner."

(And yes, I try to use ":cattywampus" in a conversation at least once a week.)

Did you ever consider that the problem may not be someone implanting false memories in your head, but rather that you're a !@#$ing idiot?  I mean, Occam's razor and all...

Well I'm sorry you can't see the plausibility of implanting false memories. That Volkswagen logo image is unexplainable otherwise. 

Way back on Nightline Koppel made a big deal out of people thinking he was reporting from DC when in fact he was in NYC, or the other way around.

Did a whole episode on this.

Didn't answer in the least bit WGAS/WGAF.

1 minute ago, 100DollarBills said:

Well I'm sorry you can't see the plausibility of implanting false memories. That Volkswagen logo image is unexplainable otherwise. 

It's completely explicable: you're a !@#$ing idiot.  

The VW logo isn't an example of a false memory.  It's an example of YOU WERE MISTAKEN.

2 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Likewise Katy Perry, Lizzy Caplan, Emily Blunt, and Zooey Deschanel. 

Really?  Then explain that threesome I dreamt about the other night?

8 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

The VW logo isn't an example of a false memory.  It's an example of YOU WERE MISTAKEN.

and what of it?

that's what matters in the material world.

2 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Really?  Then explain that threesome I dreamt about the other night?

Don't you see...in another universe that would have been a FIVESOME. We just happen to be living in a universe where you lack sufficient imagination. Dream bigger Tom.

Just now, row_33 said:

and what of it?

that's what matters in the material world.

What of it?  

There's actually a valid discussion about the distinction between perception and reality that can be had.  But not by the OP, who understands neither perception nor reality.  

Has anyone realized how truly stupid the OP is?  He's arguing about having an implanted memory of a false perception of the VW logo, based on a memory of a perception of physics that he insists is unquestionably real and accurate but is so completely false it can't be described as physics.  "My memory of Elon Musk's philosophical musings on reality explains why my memory is flawed, except for Elon Musk's musings that I mistakenly remember as physics."   You don't get any stupider than this: questioning the very mechanism by which you unquestioningly justify your questioning.

3 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Don't you see...in another universe that would have been a FIVESOME. We just happen to be living in a universe where you lack sufficient imagination. Dream bigger Tom.

But if they're all the same person as you're suggesting, wouldn't it be a regular old one-on-one session?

1 minute ago, DC Tom said:

What of it?  

There's actually a valid discussion about the distinction between perception and reality that can be had.  But not by the OP, who understands neither perception nor reality.  

Has anyone realized how truly stupid the OP is?  He's arguing about having an implanted memory of a false perception of the VW logo, based on a memory of a perception of physics that he insists is unquestionably real and accurate but is so completely false it can't be described as physics.  "My memory of Elon Musk's philosophical musings on reality explains why my memory is flawed, except for Elon Musk's musings that I mistakenly remember as physics."   You don't get any stupider than this: questioning the very mechanism by which you unquestioningly justify your questioning.

Because if you actually have the technology to implant memories, of course you're going to spend your time making people think Sinbad was in a genie movie.

4 minutes ago, 100DollarBills said:

No, I know what happened, go pound sand. Quit gaslighting people. 

No, you don't.  You think your memory's infallible, except when someone messes with it, because your false memory of multi-dimensional physics somehow trumps all the cognitive psychology you've never studied.  You not only don't know "what happened," you don't even know why you don't know.  You may very well be the most ignorant person I've ever seen here...and I once had someone argue with me that any die roll that wasn't 3.5 was wrong.

And the correct phrase is "Go pound sand up your ass."  Someone implanted a false memory of that phrase in you.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

What of it?  

I'm not saying I have all the answers. All I'm saying is it's very weird tens of thousands of people are remembering things that aren't happening. Young people with relatively healthy thinking minds. It's strange to have alternative memories va the status quo. I've already said my brain is falliable, but there are just some things that don't make sense. 

Just now, 100DollarBills said:

I'm not saying I have all the answers. All I'm saying is it's very weird tens of thousands of people are remembering things that aren't happening. Young people with relatively healthy thinking minds. It's strange to have alternative memories va the status quo. I've already said my brain is falliable, but there are just some things that don't make sense. 

If it makes you feel any better, the fact is that human memory is utterly unreliable. It's one of the reasons eyewitness testimony is no longer the gold standard in court, among other things. We simply don't have very good recall. 

2 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

If it makes you feel any better, the fact is that human memory is utterly unreliable. It's one of the reasons eyewitness testimony is no longer the gold standard in court, among other things. We simply don't have very good recall. 

I mean I understand memory is unreliable, but haven't you ever felt something so deep you knew something wasn't quite right. 

2 minutes ago, 100DollarBills said:

I mean I understand memory is unreliable, but haven't you ever felt something so deep you knew something wasn't quite right. 

Of course. The ability to question a deeply held memory/belief/whathaveyou is part of what makes our species unique. 

I'm not saying I have all the answers. 

It would be nice if you had ANY answers. At all.  

1 minute ago, 100DollarBills said:

All I'm saying is it's very weird tens of thousands of people are remembering things that aren't happening. Young people with relatively healthy thinking minds. It's strange to have alternative memories va the status quo. I've already said my brain is falliable, but there are just some things that don't make sense. 

No, it's not weird at all.  It's completely normal.  It's a feature of the brain, well-documented in psychology.  You'd know this if you BOTHERED TO DO ANY RESEARCH ON THE SUBJECT WHATSOEVER.

9 minutes ago, 100DollarBills said:

Yes, every time I read your bull ****, I feel you're not quite right.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Of course. The ability to question a deeply held memory/belief/whathaveyou is part of what makes our species unique. 

Exactly, and when it comes to symbolism, they stick in the memory even harder, it's why most of the people remembering ME examples are of small logo changes. 

Edited by 100DollarBills

Exactly, and when it comes to symbolism, they stick in the memory even harder, it's why most of the ME examples are of small logo changes. 

Or phrases that have been incorrectly transcribed into the broader lexicon, or misremembered historical occurrences...in all honesty the Mandela Effect is probably a symptom of a society able to generate and procure massive amounts of information without the requisite context or education for proper synthesis.

25 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Image result for mind blown gif

I guess it's possible that Tom was dreaming of a threesome with Duhamel/Olyphant and Perry/Kaplan/Blunt/Deschanel.  This dream, of course, was planted into his head.

On 3/22/2018 at 2:23 PM, 100DollarBills said:

No, I've been having very lucid childhood memory dreams over the last few years and I'm a heavy philosophical thinker and have a very good memory. There are some things that have me shook for sure. I don't do drugs and have been checked out by a psychiatrist. Something's are just paranormal and are difficult to explain. There are tons of people remembering things differently over the last few years, and I'm a young 28. 

Example of some small things that have me shook. I was OBSESSED with peanut butter and Kit-Kats as a kid, and I vividly remember a brand called Jiffy peanut butter, it was never called that apparently , it's called Jif. I also have family from Italy, and vividly remember the geographic location of Silicy being quite different from today's location, Silicy use to be much further away from southern Italy than is portrayed today. Just weird stuff. I'd like to chalk this up to the mind being fallible, but I'd bet my house mortgage on it. 

Eh... Sicily has been where it is now, in the same spot. Maybe off a few inches because of tectonic plates...

I know this because my family owned a travel agency when I was a child and I spent a lot of my time there with nothing to do but look at maps and brochures as a kid. 

Do you see how useless and self centered this anecdotal evidence comes across? Get over yourself

Edited by Ol Dirty B

In the past year or so I have been hearing the people on the History Channel pronounce this word differently that I recalled it from my youth

Neander - thall  or Neander - tall  

Ne·an·der·thal
[nēˈandərTHôl]

NOUN
  1. an extinct species of human that was widely distributed in ice-age Europe between c.120,000–35,000 years ago, with a receding forehead and prominent brow ridges. The Neanderthals were associated with the Mousterian flint industry of the Middle Paleolithic.

Also the Planet   Uranis    

Ur[your] anis  or Ur a[h] nis 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.