PPP DRAFT THREAD

Honestly, I got the Bills trading up and taking Rosen. Darnold at 1, and Mayfield at 3. Draft could be monumental, and the beginning of the end for the Pats. Dilly, dilly. 

Plus, the people here are not as looney as the Wall.

*In before "please move mods"

**The opinions here do matter more. 

Edited by Paulus

I've got a feeling that none of these five Quarterbacks a "sure thing" greats, I think they could be good (think Dalton, Smith or Tannehill) but not all pro.

I would prefer Darnold or Mayfield.

But nothing wrong with getting the best offensive and defensive linemen out there, big old boys who don't do anything but "knock the chocolate out of you". (obscure reference)

10 minutes ago, B-Man said:

I've got a feeling that none of these five Quarterbacks a "sure thing" greats, I think they could be good (think Dalton, Smith or Tannehill) but not all pro.

But nothing wrong with getting the best offensive and defensive linemen out there, big old boys who don't do anything but "knock the chocolate out of you". (obscure reference)

I agree, but I think Rosen is their pick. Rosen has "process" written all over him, haha.

Next 2 picks are, 

Barkley then

Chubb.

Hard to say what will happen. The biggest question is whether or not the Giants want to trade out of 2, and how badly it's going to hurt the Bills to get there. I think the Jests trading up to 3 was as much about trying to screw the Bills as it was to ensure they get the guy they want.

Regardless, I trust in the process. I'm ok with whatever Beane pulls off.

I usually follow casually along and pick one "not him" guy without any basis in fact. 

This year my "not him" guy is Rosen.  

I don't totally trust the process, by the way. But since I'm not employed by the Bills and they're not going to listen to me, I will watch the process unfold.  If they don't trade up a second time and take a QB at 12 then this will really feel like the Kolb/EJ year. 

9 hours ago, B-Man said:

Wow. I don't envy you when Chef Jim gets wind of this, well unless you are talking about white chocolate.

• Haha (+1) 1

I'm trusting the process.  I think a lot of people assume that the trade up to 12 was to put us in a better position to get into the top 5, and that's probably true, but it's also not necessarily the case.

I don't see the Giants moving their pick until they're on the clock.  If Cleveland takes anyone but Barkley I think the Giants stand pat and take him.  I also think now that the Jets have traded up and there's a real chance that there are 2 QBs gone by the time Cleveland picks again at 4, Cleveland will feel more pressure to draft a QB at 1. As it stands my top 5 looks like this:

1. CLE - Darnold

2. NYG - Barkley

3. NYJ - Mayfield

4. CLE - Chubb

5. DEN - Rosen

Admittedly Denver is the wildcard there.  It's hard to tell exactly how comfortable they are with Case Keenum.  I think they'd be stupid not to take a QB at some point, but is top 5 really where they want to do it?

9 hours ago, #34fan said:

Trump would without a doubt move up and take Allen.... He's the biggest white kid with the strongest arm, and that's the face DT would want on his franchise. :)

Sorry, Mayfield seems more Trump-like than Allen. It's definitely Mayfield. Rosen is a Bernie supporter....:nana:

1 hour ago, TPS said:

Sorry, Mayfield seems more Trump-like than Allen. It's definitely Mayfield. Rosen is a Bernie supporter....:nana:

I see Darnold as more Trump like ... Big and white, small hands, a ton of turnovers, fumbles a lot. :lol:

Edited by frostbitmic
  • Haha (+1) 1

I have personal favorites (Darnold/Rosen), but I don't care who they take so long as it's the right guy. Since last year's draft and the trade with KC, I put my judgment on hold because it's all about getting a QB. I want to see them be bold. If they have a guy they like (and I think they do) then GO GET HIM. If they sit back and let the draft come to them, and get boxed out of a top QB even after all the moves they made up to this point, it'll be a disaster. 

This is a draft that can set the Bills up for the next decade... or set the team back for another decade. 

I trust the front office until they give me a reason not to. So far, they've been impressive. Hope it continues in the draft! 

I'll keep it on ppp

this is obviously another example i told you about how the running dog yellow capitalist Trump and his bloodthirsty henchmen on FauxNews and the Koch Brothers and Putin fixing the election with vote for Jesus memes and my life sucks and i'd be a brain surgeon and famous except my shop teacher was such a liar

41 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I have personal favorites (Darnold/Rosen), but I don't care who they take so long as it's the right guy. Since last year's draft and the trade with KC, I put my judgment on hold because it's all about getting a QB. I want to see them be bold. If they have a guy they like (and I think they do) then GO GET HIM. If they sit back and let the draft come to them, and get boxed out of a top QB even after all the moves they made up to this point, it'll be a disaster. 

This is a draft that can set the Bills up for the next decade... or set the team back for another decade. 

I trust the front office until they give me a reason not to. So far, they've been impressive. Hope it continues in the draft! 

I tend to agree with this.

I'm hoping they get Lamar Jackson at 12 and keep the rest of the picks.

2 hours ago, frostbitmic said:

I see Darnold as more Trump like ... Big and white, small hands, a ton of turnovers, fumbles a lot. :lol:

Refuses to learn the playbook. Has no idea what to do when someone audibles. 

I’m in the minority but I would rather take a stud MLB and right tackle with our first two pick instead of giving up the farm to move up and take a qb. I would support moving up a few spots to take Mayfield if he drops or taking him at 12 by some miracle. I think McCaron will surprise people and be good enough to get us into the playoffs again. Use the rest of our picks on receiver, tight end, LB and depth. 

4 hours ago, TPS said:

You think Trump would grab the shortest QB on the board? -Crazy talk!... DT would have made no secret that he wanted Allen.... He would have already warned

the Jets, Giants, and Browns to stay away.

3 hours ago, frostbitmic said:

Yah, but Darnold played for Southern CA... -Trumpybear HATES Cali... Which candidate won Wyoming?

Edited by #34fan