Favorite Rock n Roll Bands?

Buffalo716

4 hours ago, Bills4everNY said:

The Clash.

Saw the Clash open for The Who at the Stadium. Thousands of Canadian punk rockers with British flags were waiting in line since early in the morning. Worked crowd control until show started. Awesome show by both, The Who were incredible.

Edited by Turk71
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Turk71 said:

Saw the Clash open for The Who at the Stadium. Thousands of Canadian punk rockers with British flags were waiting in line since early in the morning. Worked crowd control until show started. Awesome show by both, The Who were incredible.

I saw that show too. I went to see The Who; didn't know much about The Clash at the time, other than a couple of radio songs, but they were pretty impressive.

The Who, of course, was spectacular.  And they made it rain on cue. (Even The Stones can't do that.)

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

I saw that show too. I went to see The Who; didn't know much about The Clash at the time, other than a couple of radio songs, but they were pretty impressive.

The Who, of course, was spectacular.  And they made it rain on cue. (Even The Stones can't do that.)

Right during the Intro to 'Love, Reign O'er Me', pure magic.

Edited by Turk71
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, DC Tom said:

Heart.

But only the Roger Fisher lineup, not the one with Howard Leese "Look at me, I think I'm Eddie Van Halen!" on lead guitar.

Weird.  I had you pegged as a Petty (as in, "Tom") guy.

7 hours ago, Turk71 said:

The sound for that show was phenomenal.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Another Fan said:

Canned Heat were pretty good

I knew Henry Vestine, he was playing the local music scene in Eugene Oregon from before I got there in '90 til he died in '97. Used to see him play all the time. He played with Zappa and the Mothers before Canned Heat. There is a crater on the moon named after his father.:)

After all the selling out, and through the Townshend 'God knows what he did, to whom, if anyone, and why' era... The Who's still my rock 'n roll band.  Beyond that I don't really have a clear-cut #2.  Notables? - kinks, Mudhoney, nomeansno, Tom Petty, Sex Pistols, Stone Roses, Neil Young, Jefferson Airplane, X, Dinosaur Jr., Fugazi, Grateful Dead, Minutemen, Clash, Yardbirds.  A bunch more beyond the dude rock stuff

• Like (+1) 2

On 3/20/2018 at 5:08 PM, BringMetheHeadofLeonLett said:

After all the selling out, and through the Townshend 'God knows what he did, to whom, if anyone, and why' era... The Who's still my rock 'n roll band.  Beyond that I don't really have a clear-cut #2.  Notables? - kinks, Mudhoney, nomeansno, Tom Petty, Sex Pistols, Stone Roses, Neil Young, Jefferson Airplane, X, Dinosaur Jr., Fugazi, Grateful Dead, Minutemen, Clash, Yardbirds.  A bunch more beyond the dude rock stuff

Kinks and Yardbirds in the same post.:thumbsup:

I would throw in the Strawbs, Fairport Convention and Fleetwood Mac.  I prefer the Peter Green version.