Who would you rather have: Luck or Foles?

I have been saying for months that I wouldn't be shocked to see us get Luck in a trade.  It could be why they haven't got a qb as of yet.  I'm not predicting this but I would not be surprised.  The Colts are a few years away and in rebuild.  If they are in love with a rookie qb then they might pull the trigger.  Also could be why Josh McDaniels said no to the job.

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

Neither!

Who would trade for Luck and that ridiculous contract?

Have you seen his stats against NE for his career?  It's pathetic!

Luck the next 4 years is making the same as Keenum, much rather have Luck! Only maybe 1-2 QB's I might want more and they are getting old. Luck is a GEM, just needs the right tools around him. McCoy and Luck become Jim and Thurman with maybe even more punch, just need to find a Reed.

13 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

According to sportrac.com, Luck has about 4 years $80m left on his contract with almost none of it guaranteed.  Makes a ton of sense that Reich would want his guy in Foles.  I'd trade both 1sts for Luck.  Both 1sts aren't even guaranteed to get you in the top 5 of this draft.  

You could do 12 and 1st next year with a 2nd rounder this year. Worth it, he is only 29 which means 6-7 top years still there. Any rookie would take 2-3 years to be reliable, Luck always has been, that good!

12 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

I'd trade a 1st and 2nd for Luck, but nothing more than that, too risky, but you also have to take into consideration that trading up to 2-3 is also very risky so the risks are about even.

Risk of the picks are even but we know Luck is a Franchise QB so the risk is the shoulder. Any QB can be hurt at anytime. If trade made there would be a clause for the shoulder. That is why you give 12th pick and a 1st next year based on Luck's health that pick drops down or gone. Luck's career is not over, he went on IR in November, they thought he might play but Indy was so bad they shut him down.

Luck is by far the better QB. He took mediocre Indy teams into the playoffs multiple times. Foles simply looked as good as he did because of the talent around him. Not saying Foles is terrible just saying he is definitely inferior to Luck.

2 hours ago, BuffaloRebound said:

According to sportrac.com, Luck has about 4 years $80m left on his contract with almost none of it guaranteed.  Makes a ton of sense that Reich would want his guy in Foles.  I'd trade both 1sts for Luck.  Both 1sts aren't even guaranteed to get you in the top 5 of this draft.  

I'd rather have our own guy.  Luck has never been that impressive to me.  Particularly in big games.  Now, coming off a major shoulder injury, where he hasn't thrown a football in about 16 months.

I'm not giving up prime draft capital for that.

Edited by Chicken Boo

3 hours ago, thebug said:

Foles. Luck is damaged goods. 

I don't think he is. In fact, I think he's fine, and there's more than meets the eye to his current injury status. The injury he had is hardly career ending. 

3 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

The lore of Kim Jung QB is greater than any QB that has ever played the game and can turn Super Bowl MVPs into piles of dust soon to be strewn about in the wind.

The reality of Kim Jung QB is Jim Plunkett with a giant contract.

The reputation of Nick Foles varies between lucky, underrated, middling, competitive and commonplace.

The reality of Nick Foles is, remarkably, still a bit unknown.  Fine in the right system but overwhelmed if anything goes awry?  Simply a good QB miscast by Jeff Fisher?

My order of preference would be:

1. The lore of Kim Jung QB

2. Trust Beane to decipher the reality of the two and decide

3. The reputation of Nick Foles.

Choices 1 and 3 are not reality based so for me it is choice 2 which is to trust Beane.

Kim Jung Un is a lot more impressive at playing his particular international relations game than you imply in all of these posts. 

3 hours ago, Chicharito said:

Anyone who says foles needs to be committed!

On the surface, and certainly two years ago, this would be true....but keep in mind, since this is all hypothetical, I would presume Luck would cost much, much less to obtain while Foles' health is not an issue we know about at the moment...so, Luck will cost more and be of a greater risk due to injury and not to mention the Cap hit would be tremendous. As for Foles, you could in theory obtain him for fewer / lower picks, a significantly reduced cost, and STILL Draft a guy you really like in the 1st round. So, just based on that, it's not a terrible argument...

In other words, I don't think it's as obvious as you make it out to be when you consider all the variables.

23 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

I don't think he is. In fact, I think he's fine, and there's more than meets the eye to his current injury status. The injury he had is hardly career ending. 

Kim Jung Un is a lot more impressive at playing his particular international relations game than you imply in all of these posts. 

I am not implying ineptitude with either Un or QB.  I am observing that they are above criticism due to their undeniable awesome perfectness.

Luck all day every day. Even in 2016, playing on a torn up shoulder, he threw for over 4200 yards and 32 touchdowns. He is a very special QB. How can you even start to compare him to Foles? 

Luck has been vey good to Great every single season in the NFL but 1 year (2015, when he originally injured his shoulder). The year before (2014) he threw for almost 5000 yards and had 40 TD passes! 

Foles isn't even worth a 1st round pick, let alone being in a discussion with Andrew Luck. He's had 1 good 8-9 game stretch (in his 6 years in the league) way back in 2013, and 2 good playoff games 4 years later. Both came under new, innovative offensive minded coaches (1st year of Chip Kelly, Doug Peterson tailoring his play calls to Foles. And notice how in 2014 Foles wasn't nearly as good in Chip Kelly's offense as the league caught up to what they did. In fact, he was bad). 

Edited by BillsFan4