Josh Rosen has "Bust" written ALL over him.

The only comfort I have if they take Rosen is McDermott is a natural leader of men. In a way it doesn't matter who they draft because it's going to be McDermott's team. In his image. I doubt he'll let a player lead become bigger than him.

19 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

He is a train wreck, I 'm not sure why people are all over him.

His combine was a huge awakening for a lot of media and scouts.  I was listening to the Simms and Lefkoe podcast today and they were destroying him.  They didn't understand how a QB go 1 for 6 on out routes in shorts.

I got to seem him thrice in high school and in college a few times out here in SoCal, as well. I really don't get this love affair. He can't escape a rush very well. Two concussions and this board is having a love fest. I guess if enough people say stuff(like him being the Savior of the franchise), eventually it's just assumed to be true. Great arm but just how many more injuries will he get when he plays big boy football. No thank you

• Like (+1) 1

Well, no way the Browns take Rosen after he publicly dissed them, if the Browns go QB it won't be him. The fact that we are trading for #3 tells me that Gettleman tipped his hand to Beane and let them know they're taking Barkley at 2. The Giants told us that IMO because they want us to trade up, the Giants want Barkley more than any QB in the draft so if Buffalo goes to #3, it forces the Browns to go QB. If the Browns take Barkley, then Darnold and Rosen come off the board at 2 and 3 and Cleveland is left with Mayfield or Allen at 4.

That's how I see it anyways.

31 minutes ago, The Bills Blog said:

Does this sound like a franchise QB to you? This profile from NFL.com is downright scary.

Durability is a concern. Carries slight build and has had injury issues dating back to high school. Carries ball low in pocket with slight upward pre-throw hitch. Too casual in pocket set-up. Decision making and post-snap reads are inconsistent. Refuses easy throws at times. Arm talent and strength are below average. May need to make greater effort to drive field and seam throws. Poor career deep ball completion rate. Excess air under ball allows challenges. Lacks gun to challenge safeties with rip throws over the top. Needs better anticipation. Poor mobility. Struggles to elude early pressure. Completed just 42.4 percent of his throws when forced to move. Too much hero ball. Extends plays and takes unnecessary chances rather than throwing it away. Scouts question his passion for football and whether he will be a willing student.

"He wasn't the guy everyone rallied around in college and you don't have to dig around for too long to find people who said he was hard to coach. He's definitely talented. Nobody questions that. But he's going to have to get grown men to buy into him as their leader. That is not a given." -- NFL Executive

How about posting the entire Draft Profile. 

Strengths

Tennis prodigy with impeccable footwork and delivery balance. Plays with excellent coordination between eyes and feet. Gets head around quickly on play-fakes. Has experience under center. Anchors in pocket and doesn't creep around needlessly. Trusts his protection and doesn't take eyes of targets when pressure mounts from the edge. Climbs pocket when appropriate. Willing to stand and deliver in face of pressure. Completed 63 percent of his passes when blitzed in 2017. Accuracy totals negatively impacted by 31 receiver drops this year. Holds his water in pocket. Mechanics are terrific. Rarely over-strides and throws with consistently bent front knee. Throwing motion and follow-through are effortless. Extremely confident and intelligent. Throws receivers open. Might be best back shoulder thrower in the game. Shows ability to speed up operation time for move to next level. Very good usage of shoulder fakes and hitches to move defenders or buy additional time for receivers to uncover. Touch passer who can throw feathers when needed.

Bottom Line

Josh Rosen's footwork and mechanics make him as pretty a quarterback as you will find in this year's draft. The biggest concern with Rosen is that his on-field success requires many elements to stay on schedule. He lacks plus arm strength, so identifying coverage (pre- and post-snap) and throwing with anticipation takes on added importance. Rosen has the pocket poise, accuracy and intelligence to become a good NFL starter, but he needs to be willing to take what defenses give him more frequently. Rosen will need to quell concerns surrounding leadership and coachability early on in order to establish a strong first impression and get his career off on the right foot.

Edited by MAJBobby

5 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Gotta say, I agree with the OP...been saying it for a while now... Rosen’s two concussions to end the season are a MAJOR deal!

Even Sal said they compound and become easier to get after you’ve had your first one...I don’t believe Rosen has made it through an entire college season...how would he ever survive a longer, harder hitting NFL season?

I could see Rosen bolting from the NFL early if he gets another one or two more concussions...remember, he comes from money and doesn’t need football...he’s gonna wanna make sure his brain is functional to achieve his other aspirations...

I was high on Rosen. However, when I learned about that, I backed off. Eff that. I don't want any part of it. Scary.

29 minutes ago, The Bills Blog said:

Does this sound like a franchise QB to you? This profile from NFL.com is downright scary.

Durability is a concern. Carries slight build and has had injury issues dating back to high school. Carries ball low in pocket with slight upward pre-throw hitch. Too casual in pocket set-up. Decision making and post-snap reads are inconsistent. Refuses easy throws at times. Arm talent and strength are below average. May need to make greater effort to drive field and seam throws. Poor career deep ball completion rate. Excess air under ball allows challenges. Lacks gun to challenge safeties with rip throws over the top. Needs better anticipation. Poor mobility. Struggles to elude early pressure. Completed just 42.4 percent of his throws when forced to move. Too much hero ball. Extends plays and takes unnecessary chances rather than throwing it away. Scouts question his passion for football and whether he will be a willing student.

"He wasn't the guy everyone rallied around in college and you don't have to dig around for too long to find people who said he was hard to coach. He's definitely talented. Nobody questions that. But he's going to have to get grown men to buy into him as their leader. That is not a given." -- NFL Executive

Now we can use all of our first 6 picks on needs and draft Rosen in the 6th round.

First got to make sure this is sent to all other GM’s so they get scared and won’t draft him.

#PullingAFastOne

• Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, DFT said:

There are some really unbelievable prospects in this draft.  Rosen is the closest one to “sure thing” for me, aside from Barkley.  That’s it.   I have no reservations about it whatsoever.   My hope is the Bills feel the same way.

He's done as well, Hank.......NEXT !!!

9 minutes ago, The Bills Blog said:

In all seriousness, can you let me know why this topic is inappropriate?

It's not the first time the topic has been discussed. It's not the first time his injury history has been raised, or the 50th time. It's not the first thread started on Rosen. People get annoyed when you spam the front page with rehashed thread topics because it pushes topics down and makes actual relevant information harder to find. Re-tread topics and LAMP posts make navigating a board cumbersome and get old. 

Edited by ndirish1978

No joke I was just going to post this exact same thing about Rosen.

I've been watching his games and I'm just not blown away with him.

If Rosen is the guy the Bills are targeting that makes me nervous.  Dude has bust written all over him. 

Edited by Klaista2k
  • Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, The Bills Blog said:

FWIW, the guy who writes the draft profiles for NFL.com (Lance Zierlein) is not always right, and he clearly doesn't like Rosen - he compares him to Trent Green.  But you ought to consider the complete profile, not just the "weaknesses" section:

Strengths: Tennis prodigy with impeccable footwork and delivery balance. Plays with excellent coordination between eyes and feet. Gets head around quickly on play-fakes. Has experience under center. Anchors in pocket and doesn't creep around needlessly. Trusts his protection and doesn't take eyes of targets when pressure mounts from the edge. Climbs pocket when appropriate. Willing to stand and deliver in face of pressure. Completed 63 percent of his passes when blitzed in 2017. Accuracy totals negatively impacted by 31 receiver drops this year. Holds his water in pocket. Mechanics are terrific. Rarely over-strides and throws with consistently bent front knee. Throwing motion and follow-through are effortless. Extremely confident and intelligent. Throws receivers open. Might be best back shoulder thrower in the game. Shows ability to speed up operation time for move to next level. Very good usage of shoulder fakes and hitches to move defenders or buy additional time for receivers to uncover. Touch passer who can throw feathers when needed.

And you might also consider looking up some draft profiles for guys who have become stars, such as Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers and some of the previous years top draftees such as Goff, Wentz, Watson etc.  About the only prospect I've seen him write an un-mixed review about was Andrew Luck.

21 minutes ago, DFT said:

There are some really unbelievable prospects in this draft.  Rosen is the closest one to “sure thing” for me, aside from Barkley.  That’s it.   I have no reservations about it whatsoever.   My hope is the Bills feel the same way.

What about his two concussions to end the the season?

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

FWIW, the guy who writes the draft profiles for NFL.com (Lance Zierlein) is not always right, and he clearly doesn't like Rosen - he compares him to Trent Green.  But you ought to consider the complete profile, not just the "weaknesses" section:

Strengths: Tennis prodigy with impeccable footwork and delivery balance. Plays with excellent coordination between eyes and feet. Gets head around quickly on play-fakes. Has experience under center. Anchors in pocket and doesn't creep around needlessly. Trusts his protection and doesn't take eyes of targets when pressure mounts from the edge. Climbs pocket when appropriate. Willing to stand and deliver in face of pressure. Completed 63 percent of his passes when blitzed in 2017. Accuracy totals negatively impacted by 31 receiver drops this year. Holds his water in pocket. Mechanics are terrific. Rarely over-strides and throws with consistently bent front knee. Throwing motion and follow-through are effortless. Extremely confident and intelligent. Throws receivers open. Might be best back shoulder thrower in the game. Shows ability to speed up operation time for move to next level. Very good usage of shoulder fakes and hitches to move defenders or buy additional time for receivers to uncover. Touch passer who can throw feathers when needed.

And you might also consider looking up some draft profiles for guys who have become stars, such as Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers and some of the previous years top draftees such as Goff, Wentz, Watson etc.  About the only prospect I've seen him write an un-mixed review about was Andrew Luck.

“Might be the best back shoulder thrower”....and we have 6”5 Benjamin.  Yeah I’ll take that.