Cordy Glenn traded to bengals

1 minute ago, Ittakestime said:

Because people watched the games and didn't look at the stats.  The guy had zero time to throw.  Give this kid more than as second to throw and he will tear you apart.

I watched a few of them - he made a lot of dumb throws.

Having said that, I'll trust Beane's and OBD's judgement over mine.

Edited by BobChalmers

1 minute ago, reddogblitz said:

Who is going to block for our new QB?

Dion Dawkins started 12 games last year at LT in place of Cordy. Now we may still need a RT but with the cap room we're making we can either sign someone or maybe draft one at #22 if we keep the pick.

14 minutes ago, Tyrod's friend said:

Rudolph or Mayfield. 

Never forget that this team is committed to seniors. Last year they actually moved around until they could get the seniors they wanted. It's not Rosen, it's not Darnold. 

You can take Rudolph in the second round, maybe the third.  Mayfield is my first choice, so I hope that part of your argument is correct.

1 minute ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

But they get you to 4 and Indy probably won't pick a QB. I suppose they could trade it though and then we would be in trouble at 4.

Consider this though. We have good relations with Cleveland for I don't know why we do but we do.

at 2 we have Gettleman connection.

at 3 we have  Frank Reich connection and they don't need a QB.

So maybe none of those teams will outright trick lie or deceive us and that is a good place to be.

Frank isn't the GM in Indy so not sure how that counts for anything. Yet them not needing a QB might make them trade down unless they really want Chubb.

1 minute ago, Ittakestime said:

Because people watched the games and didn't look at the stats.  The guy had zero time to throw.  Give this kid more than as second to throw and he will tear you apart.

I did not envy him during Ohio State game. His oline was totally manhandled. 

1 minute ago, NickelCity said:

Dawkins is getting a big opportunity. Hope he delivers. Cordy was great, I really like him and wish him well. Scratching my head a bit at the handful of folks pretending like he wasn't good. 

I don't see a single soul here saying Glenn wasn't good - WHEN HE WAS ON THE FIELD!!

He's got some foot issues that could recur, and he's expensive as heck.  Dawkins already got the opportunity last season and already proved himself.

10 minutes ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

But they get you to 4 and Indy probably won't pick a QB. I suppose they could trade it though and then we would be in trouble at 4.

Consider this though. We have good relations with Cleveland for I don't know why we do but we do.

at 2 we have Gettleman connection.

at 3 we have  Frank Reich connection and they don't need a QB.

So maybe none of those teams will outright trick lie or deceive us and that is a good place to be.

We don't have a Frank Reich connection.  He played here 25 years ago, then has interviewed but not been offered several jobs with us.  The Giants connection is real, but the Colts, it's nothing more than two professionals.

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
3 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Who is going to block for our new QB?

Do you even watch the games or are you just trying to troll?  Glenn has barely been on the field the last two seasons. 

I knew they were trading Cordy, but if this a stupid move to sign a rookie QB. Then I'm done,. They could trade him and get good impact players who can't start next year, or. Rookie QB that may not even make it.  The Bills havnt had a good draft since Bill Polion.  Just stupid moves one right after another.  Build a team around Taylor and we will be contenders, guaranteed.

• Haha (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, BobChalmers said:

Seriously - WHY do people think Darnold is so good?  Are they counting his interceptions as completed passes or something?

If INT's is all you're counting, why did we get rid of Tyrod? He rarely threw INTs.

And Darnold threw a whopping 3 more INTs than Rosen all of last year. And I could've counted a handful of passes that Rosen got REAL lucky on that SHOULD'VE been intercepted.

4 minutes ago, BobChalmers said:

Seriously - WHY do people think Darnold is so good?  Are they counting his interceptions as completed passes or something?

I'm really trying to understand. Can someone please reply and let me know? I just put the usc UCLA game on again

15 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

Everyone is so sure we are trading up :) It's is plausible but watch Beaner go balls out and we sign Cousins now. The cap room is 100% there for a reason now and just about doubles next year.

With the draft stock we have and Cousins we could be scary good.

My dream scenario is sign Cousins, trade up with the 49ers and select Roquon Smith, and use all our other original picks to build the team. We'd be immediate Super Bowl contenders just like that. 

• Like (+1) 2