Jordy Nelson or Randall Cobb to be cut?

Packers would have to cut both Jordy & Cobb to afford Sammy, but I don't see either as a fit for us.

Cobb doesn't fit our needs at all. We need a deep threat, not another possession WR, already have 2 of those.

Jordy would be nice, but would cost way more than McBeane would be willing to spend, and only has 1-2 years left before going out to pasture. He'll go to a contender.

2 minutes ago, 947 said:

Packers would have to cut both Jordy & Cobb to afford Sammy, but I don't see either as a fit for us.

Cobb doesn't fit our needs at all. We need a deep threat, not another possession WR, already have 2 of those.

Jordy would be nice, but would cost way more than McBeane would be willing to spend, and only has 1-2 years left before going out to pasture. He'll go to a contender.

Why is this? Unless I'm missing something, they have roughly $18 million in cap space right now and Jordy & Cobb each free up roughly $10 mil. They can probably cut one and sign Sammy and still have roughly $18 mil left over.

1 minute ago, DCOrange said:

Why is this? Unless I'm missing something, they have roughly $18 million in cap space right now and Jordy & Cobb each free up roughly $10 mil. They can probably cut one and sign Sammy and still have roughly $18 mil left over.

Because tying that much cap space up in the WR position would be asinine. They're about to re-do Rodgers' deal to something like Jimmy G got, and their Defense has multiple needs, that money would be better spent here. Sure, they could probably figure out a way to keep 3 expensive WRs on their roster, but I just don't see it happening.