Jordy Nelson or Randall Cobb to be cut?

21 minutes ago, 947 said:

Because tying that much cap space up in the WR position would be asinine. They're about to re-do Rodgers' deal to something like Jimmy G got, and their Defense has multiple needs, that money would be better spent here. Sure, they could probably figure out a way to keep 3 expensive WRs on their roster, but I just don't see it happening.

Oh, well that's completely different than not being able to afford it. You're really just saying that it wouldn't be wise to spend their money that way. That's a reasonable argument to make.

4 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

Oh, well that's completely different than not being able to afford it. You're really just saying that it wouldn't be wise to spend their money that way. That's a reasonable argument to make.

Pretty much. My main point was that if GB signs Watkins, both Cobb & Nelson will be on the FA market.

4 1000 yard seasons for Nelson, 1 for Cobb.  Nelson did have a torn ACL 2 years - but he did have 97 for 1200+ and 14 TDs in 2016, so I'm not sure that affected him much.  Both had kind of bad years last year because Hundley was terrible.  27 vs 32 in age, but Nelson clearly means more to Rodgers than Cobb IMO.  

My opinion?  Cut Cobb, let Nelson possibly walk in 2019, and replace through the draft.  Should net a comp pick if nelson signs elsewhere.  Gives Adams one more year to take the #1 mantle, and slot receivers usually come cheaper.