Buffalo Fanatics says Bills & Jets preparing offer for Brees - Vikings & others have called

10 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

LOL that's what we were saying with Shaq and Ragnuts..........didn't have the cap room to fill needs so thought they'd do it on draft day.

Free agency is where you should fill needs. 

If you start trying to force needs into spots where they don't align well with BPA.........that's how you get "off the bus starters" like Shaq and Ragnuts.........who were anything but.

Should we disband the franchise?  It seems like all hope is lost.  

45 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Let's be a bit more honest...........the Bills WERE NOT A SERIOUS CONTENDER even with better QB play.

They got into the playoffs by the skin of their teeth.    Defense was extremely vulnerable against a good offense and on offense their receiving target situation was ghastly.    They got in because of playing not to lose and turnover differential.   Drew Brees went 7-9 for the 3 seasons prior to last and part of that was the fact that the Saints played his style of aggressive football and the defense wasn't capable of supporting that.

That doesn't pertain to this season.........they *COULD* load up on defense and at WR in FA.........but not sure how they'd do that after paying Brees.    You can't count on the rookie class providing much help.   Hope but not count on.

There's your classic Bills fan.  Not enough to break the streak, it's how you get into the playoffs that matters.  When we win the SB some will be critical of the way they won the game.

Just now, oldmanfan said:

There's your classic Bills fan.  Not enough to break the streak, it's how you get into the playoffs that matters.  When we win the SB some will be critical of the way they won the game.

"I don't know, I don't think a 50 point margin was enough.  That touchdown catch was two millimeters two far to the right.  We were so bad there is no way we win more than 4 games next year!"

3 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Not at all........I took it for what it was........I was the guy in preseason who called it as it would be.........a season of playing games not to lose(Jauron Ball).........when the majority here thought the team was trying to tank.

The OP I was responding to was saying that the Bills would have been a SB contender last year if they had better QB play............they were not.:lol:

They had a 3 game stretch where they were arguably the worst defense the NFL has seen in 50 years...........it was a fragile balancing act of shortening games and limiting turnovers while letting other teams make mistakes of aggression to get to 9 wins.   

Most "better" QB's aren't going to play not-to-lose.....they need to put up stats and justify their pay..... ...which I pointed out wrt Brees teams having 7-9 records in 14', 15' and 16' despite a great HOF QB.  

Now the Bills have a ton of draft picks and a ton of cap room in 2019 their future outlook is very good if they make good decisions with those assets.........which we all have to assume they will.

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Not at all........I took it for what it was........I was the guy in preseason who called it as it would be.........a season of playing games not to lose(Jauron Ball).........when the majority here thought the team was trying to tank.

The OP I was responding to was saying that the Bills would have been a SB contender last year if they had better QB play............they were not.:lol:

They had a 3 game stretch where they were arguably the worst defense the NFL has seen in 50 years...........it was a fragile balancing act of shortening games and limiting turnovers while letting other teams make mistakes of aggression to get to 9 wins.   

Most "better" QB's aren't going to play not-to-lose.....they need to put up stats and justify their pay..... ...which I pointed out wrt Brees teams having 7-9 records in 14', 15' and 16' despite a great HOF QB.  

Now the Bills have a ton of draft picks and a ton of cap room in 2019 their future outlook is very good if they make good decisions with those assets.........which we all have to assume they will.

I would like to have seen how far they could have gone with Bree's last year

4 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

Why wouldn't the Vikings offer Brees a 2-year, $65M deal that's fully guaranteed?

you motherfu&ker

NFL Network's @TomPelissero just reported that the Vikings have made a call on Drew Brees. This could get interesting.

Just now, Reed83HOF said:

you motherfu&ker

NFL Network's @TomPelissero just reported that the Vikings have made a call on Drew Brees. This could get interesting.

Ooh this could get very interesting. What if Brees goes to Minnesota which leaves the door open to us to get Cousins?

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

Ooh this could get very interesting. What if Brees goes to Minnesota which leaves the door open to us to get Cousins?

Maybe the Saints strung Brees out and their plan all along was Cousins. 

I hate March.