Buffalo Fanatics says Bills & Jets preparing offer for Brees - Vikings & others have called

Not for nothing......but John Murphy was harping about the fact that he thought there was a chance Drew Brees could maybe just maybe hit the open market, on his show on Friday.  Normally, I wouldn't have thought much of it, but he was also cryptically hinting Tyrod Taylor was about to be traded a couple of hours before it happened.

He clearly was talking with someone in the know at OBD.

Other hints dropped:

Bills interested in AJ McCarron

Bills likely letting Preston Brown walk

Murph kept referencing he thought the Bills were likely to pull off a big trade possibly this weekend and he thought Tyrod was a prime candidate, boom, then 2 hours later it happened.  It was much more than just a "good" guess.

Donald Jones interestingly followed up Murph's suggestion that something funny might be happening in New Orleans with a thought that maybe the Saints would throw their hat in the Kirk Cousins "sweepstakes" , which is possibly why a Drew Brees deal has not been done.  John didn't laugh that idea away, so it got me thinking

Edited by Estro

39 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

giphy.gif

That is a great GIF.

34 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Nope - this team is not a SB contender even with Brees.

Do I think Brees will sign here.....no.

Is it possible.....yes.

Are we a SB contender with Brees......yes!

19 minutes ago, co_springs_billsfan said:

If you sign Brees you are in win now mode. I don't think you draft the future QB.

I think we could do both!  Especially since we give up nothing for Brees from our roster or picks.

27 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Drew Breeze, the rapper?

Hilarious..........NOT!

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It's believed the moon landing was faked.

My only issue with the moon landing was that we have not gone back. It doesn't make sense you can land on the moon and never go back. You can't tell me the end goal of all that was land a ship on the moon. You go to conquer not visit for giggles.

Same issue I have with Pyramids. They last that long and nothing we can build will last as long as the Pyramids. I don't think currently we could build a pyramid that accurate today we sure have not done it.

So for me it can only be two things. They either lied about going to the moon or they are still going secretly.

I'll be honest. I read a lot about conspiracy theory even Flat Earth. Although real conspiracy theorist hate being identified with flat Earth. They hate it. I usually keep the stuff to myself because it's fringe. It reminds me of religion and politics and people can get offended if I'm trying to red pill people. Oh and Flat Earth if you actually get into the meaty bits there is some neat stuff. Not saying it proves flat Earth but some parts of it are still interesting. Geno probably found some parts interesting and made the mistake of backing the entire theory.

I've seen the stuff I've read about years ago just starting to pop up in mainstream last few years. Kinda surprised by it.

One last thing. Conspiracy Theories are mostly based on stuff that is difficult to prove. The really good information isn't on the surface. You have to dig through a lot of nonsense to find the real gems.

Edited by Lfod

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

The irony is that isn’t even right. Brees is under contract until March 14th. His contract doesn’t operate on the league year.

That is VERY interesting.  I would assume New Orleans put that in the contract?

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

The irony is that isn’t even right. Brees is under contract until March 14th. His contract doesn’t operate on the league year.

Its been misreported like crazy this week. I think many don’t get that it’s voiding a contract not just a simple expiring contract so the nuts and bolts are different 

not getting it done will be nothing pretty for the saints cap though - definitely they want an extension and not a void (with cap hit accelerated from the last bonus) followed by a totally fresh contract 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, ColoradoBills said:

All 2017 player contracts expire at 4:00pm ET March 14th.

Right but because brees is not scheduled to be a UFA until he hits the trigger that voids the final years of his deal he cannot he contacted.

on March 14th his future years disappear. This isn’t currently an expiring contract in the traditional sense 

3 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Right but because brees is not scheduled to be a UFA until he hits the trigger that voids the final years of his deal he cannot he contacted.

on March 14th his future years disappear. This isn’t currently an expiring contract in the traditional sense 

So teams can't talk to him? where is this info from?

Just now, NoSaint said:

True, concerning the 2 day negotiating window.

The deal with Brees is NO and him are not in a rush to put his new contract on the books yet.

This frees up money for the Saints to bring in new people and get rid of others.

Once it all settles then Brees will sign the new contract.

Brees is not going anywhere but NO.

• Like (+1) 1