Speculation: McCarron Lands in WNY

24 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

Just rampant speculation based on the fact they don't have a QB at present. I hate this paint by numbers stupidity by the national media. We didn't keep Tyrod at a lesser number, but we're gonna want a backup with no history of solid play for more?

We have Nate the Great :rolleyes:

14 minutes ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

What if that Bridge is a backup?

Rosen will more likely outperform McCarron... you gonna keep McCarron or Peterman?

McCarron for a year, then likely trade or release him.

Then bring in a cheap vet backup that's been there/done that, like Hasslebeck with Luck in Indy or Fitzpatrick with Jameis now.  Typically the life cycle for successful franchises is one veteran and one young QB, when your young QB is the starter, you want a smart vet in the room with him, when your starter is the proven vet you want a cheap rookie developing.

Foles makes less than half that ($6.1 million per year through 2021) and has accomplished more.    He'd be a better mentor to a Rd1 QB pick as well.    If it took less than a first to get him, I'd rather go that route than AJ...

6 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

McCarron for a year, then likely trade or release him.

Then bring in a cheap vet backup that's been there/done that, like Hasslebeck with Luck in Indy or Fitzpatrick with Jameis now.  Typically the life cycle for successful franchises is one veteran and one young QB, when your young QB is the starter, you want a smart vet in the room with him, when your starter is the proven vet you want a cheap rookie developing.

I guess the difference is, is that I’m fine with Peterman.

I think the kids is gonna have a tremendous OTA and preseason...

I also think the FO likes Peterman. And they’d fill comfortable with moving up for their “franchise” guy and having Peterman as a Backup. 

Plus it lets that franchise guy know, “youre our guy, it’s time to go to work”, meanwhile Peterman shines. 

I like Peterman, that’s the difference 

Edited by 1ZAYDAY1
  • Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Foles makes less than half that ($6.1 million per year through 2021) and has accomplished more.    He'd be a better mentor to a Rd1 QB pick as well.    If it took less than a first to get him, I'd rather go that route than AJ...

If it took less than a first to get Foles, he wouldn't be an Eagle anymore.

The Eagles aren't 100% sure Wentz will be healthy to start the season.  And like you said, Foles is cheap.  He's the best insurance policy in the game currently.  It's going to cost major draft capital to get him, I don't understand why this is so hard for people to comprehend.

2 minutes ago, Bob&Doug said:

Garoppolo signed Big "before he tore it up with SF" based on a couple of games..... why not McCarron ????

He started a few games with the Pats*** and 5 more with the 49ers before he got that contract. The 49ers got a 5 game tryout before they made their decision. They liked his leadership, smarts in the film room and play. We don't have that luxury with AJ.  There's more accomplish QBs out there that you could sign for about the same amount.

13 minutes ago, Bob&Doug said:

Garoppolo signed Big "before he tore it up with SF" based on a couple of games..... why not McCarron ????

Jimmy G signed the contract after he "tore it up for sf".  They had half the year to evaluate him in their system. 

Mccarron has only started a few and none recently and he would be learning a different scheme after signing the deal.

Edited by Not at the table Karlos

11 minutes ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

I guess the difference is, is that I’m fine with Peterman.

I think the kids is gonna have a tremendous OTA and preseason...

I also think the FO likes Peterman. And they’d fill comfortable with moving up for their “franchise” guy and having Peterman as a Backup. 

Plus it lets that franchise guy know, “youre our guy, it’s time to go to work”, meanwhile Peterman shines. 

I like Peterman, that’s the difference 

I don't think Peterman is a NFL caliber QB.  That's fine, we fundamentally disagree on the prospect.  Look, no one is saying cut Peterman now, but it's a little pie in the sky to plan on him being a major part of the team next year.  If he does have a tremendous OTA and preseason, great, he's cheap, keep him around.  But if he doesn't you can't not have a plan B (or a plan A) and be calling Kyle Orton up.

21 minutes ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

McCarron is not coming to Buffalo!!!

Somebody mentioned Matt Moore. More realistic, with a low contract.

Buffalo is gonna move up in the draft to get their QB, who they’re gonna want to start day 1, why bring in a McCarron???

So the actually get to draft players I  the first 3 rounds this year. It's going to cost a ton of picks to move from the 20s into the top 5