The Colts' #3 Pick is Very Much in Play - Acquired by the NYJ

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

That doesn't seem like enough for the Colts, plus they give back another pick in the 3rd round. If I'm the Bills I make that deal immediately and send a nice fruit basket after everything is official. I'm talking fancy fruit basket... pomegranates, papayas, maybe some cherimoyas... not some cheap red delicious apple junk!

• Haha (+1) 2

As it should be assuming Luck can get healthy.   They stand to get a big premium for that pick with multiple teams vying for theirs.  The Bills are pretty far away still.   I have read teams like the Broncos and Jets may try and trade up.  This will be an overpaying situation more than likely

Just now, TheFunPolice said:

That doesn't seem like enough for the Colts, plus they give back another pick in the 3rd round. If I'm the Bills I make that deal immediately and send a nice fruit basket after everything is official. I'm talking fancy fruit basket... pomegranates, papayas, maybe some cherimoyas... not some cheap red delicious apple junk!

Yea I don't see that 3rd rounder coming back to the Bills, other than that....I truly think that deal gets it done. 

1 minute ago, mattynh said:

As it should be assuming Luck can get healthy.   They stand to get a big premium for that pick with multiple teams vying for theirs.  The Bills are pretty far away still.   I have read teams like the Broncos and Jets may try and trade up.  This will be an overpaying situation more than likely

unless the Broncos or Jets are willing to give up several picks in this draft AND next years 1st rounder, they simply don't have the ammo we have, and we can overpay and STILL have a full draft this year and next. Good position to be in. 

if the Bills can swing a trade like that and end up picking top 3 in the 1st round and still have a pick in each round this year (maybe a couple 3rds if that is accurate) then Beane hit it out of the park.

Break the drought

Pick #3 overall

Draft in each of the top 3 rounds

Still have every premium pick in 2019

That's crushing it!

1 minute ago, PaattMaann said:

Yea I don't see that 3rd rounder coming back to the Bills, other than that....I truly think that deal gets it done. 

#2 is available too, so Indy doesn't hold all the cards.  Can't see Jets or anybody else other than Bills giving up a lot before #3 pick is on clock.  

18 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

I would sign up for that...but not prior to draft night.

I'd still do it today, lol!! Dont think I'd let them sleep on it...

Then trade that #67 and #3 pick to the Giants with for #2 tomorrow...

23 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Hopefully the Colts have a high grade on Davenport.  We need the #3 pick.

22 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

More than likely rather than 67 we'd get a 4th rounder, which would be perfect since we don't have one.

2 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

DO EEEEEEEEEEEET

31925695.jpg

• Haha (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Seems about right.  No way the Colts keep the third pick.  This is the right move for them.  Bills then have their choice of QBs, minus whomever the Browns take at 1.  (I expect Browns to try to trade up to 2 and take Barkley there.)

If we move up to #3 before the draft. That's a signal IMO that Beane has a clear top 3 and we are likely to stay put at 3 and take whoever comes to us. I would assume the top three in no particular order would be Rosen, Darnold and Allen. I'd prefer Mayfield over Allen, but I don't think Mayfield is a Beane kind of prospect. 

If on the other hand, Beane has only a top two, say Rosen and Darnold, I think he tries like hell to move up to #2 or #1 before the draft. And that would signal to me that he does not like Allen.

All speculation of course.

On 3/13/2018 at 7:09 AM, BillsFan17 said:

If Darnold and say Rosen or Allen go first and second. Either by the teams originally drafting there or via trade, are the Bills going to be okay taking not their #1 guy?

Meaning, Buffalo has to get to #2 at the very least. Three or four are too big of a risk.

I suspect Beane has a #1 guy. But I think he has a top three he is very comfortable taking. And if that is the case, he may not sell the farm to get to #1 or #2. Not sure he feels the same way about the top four though. 

Anyone think we trade up to #7 (Tampa) or #8 (Chicago) in the coming days? What this does is it enables us to trade to #2 or #3 and the Giants or Colts can still draft in the top 10. Could be appealing to them if they still want to get an elite prospect. 

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

unless the Broncos or Jets are willing to give up several picks in this draft AND next years 1st rounder, they simply don't have the ammo we have, and we can overpay and STILL have a full draft this year and next. Good position to be in. 

They dont need as much ammo, they only need to go up a couple spots.  If the Colts like someone woul will likely be there at 6 but not at 12 they might feel better to do that and not get as many picks but get their target at 6.  There are a lot of factors.  They also could trade to 6 and then trade back more and end up with all kinds of picks.

On 3/9/2018 at 2:58 PM, Pete said:

Mayfield is the guy I want, if we trade up.

I actually think he's the safest pick. Rosen has injury, attitude, and pocket mobility concerns; Darnold has ball control issues and questions about his decision making, and Allen could be the next Big Ben or the next JP Losman.

The only real knock on Mayfield is height and a proclivity for crotch grabbing, neither of which concerns me much.

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, mattynh said:

They dont need as much ammo, they only need to go up a couple spots.  If the Colts like someone woul will likely be there at 6 but not at 12 they might feel better to do that and not get as many picks but get their target at 6.  There are a lot of factors.  They also could trade to 6 and then trade back more and end up with all kinds of picks.

Colts want pass rusher, they want chubb. If they move back to 5 or 6 he likely wont be there anyway.

Good points though. I see one of these teams moving back a couple times with a couple QB needy teams honestly. 

My point, we have the ammo, we will move up to whatever spot we choose. 

2 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

Colts want pass rusher, they want chubb. If they move back to 5 or 6 he likely wont be there anyway.

Good points though. I see one of these teams moving back a couple times with a couple QB needy teams honestly. 

My point, we have the ammo, we will move up to whatever spot we choose. 

So long as the other team agrees.

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/9/2018 at 2:52 PM, thebandit27 said:

That makes two of us...though I'd throw Mayfield in there too.

Sorry, *three of us

Bandit, Did you do a workup on Allen? It seems that there has been more recent buzz about him by many commentators/analysts. While before there were divergent views on him it seems that his ranking has been solidified in the top tier with Darnold, Rosen and Mayfield. 

My belief is that the Bills are targeting Rosen. I would be happy with that pick or any of the other top two with Allen still being a question mark.  I'm interested in your insightful thoughts although I reserve the right to disagree with you. :)

Edited by JohnC

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

The Colts could take that, drop to 12 now, then move back up to 7-8 on draft night and still likely get one of Chubb / Barkley / Nelson / Fitzpatrick, ie get one of the guys they are potentially looking at with #3 while adding several extra picks.

24 minutes ago, mattynh said:

They certainly need some ammo though. Currently the 6th spot isn't enough to trade up to 3rd. So they'd need to likely give up next years 1st at least to move up 3 spots.

We can simply outbid them and we shouldn't wring our hands about an extra 2nd or 3rd round pick to do it. No way they ask for next years 1st. Maybe Indy plays it up, maybe they don't but it helps that the Giants and Browns are potential alternative trading partners that we can play up too.

If a team offers #6 and next years first to go to three.  What would an equivelent or better trade by from Buffalo?

#12, #22 and a 2nd?

I get we have the ammo required to do it, I get it.  But if you are the Colts you may look at things differently that is all I am saying.  What the Bills dont have is #6 and that may be what the Colts would want.   If next years one is on a team you think is bad that may be a better offer.   You are probably right, the Bills should be able to make it happen but the other team has to agree and want that over other teams offers.

31 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Bandit, Did you do a workup on Allen? It seems that there has been more recent buzz about him by many commentators/analysts. While before there were divergent views on him it seems that his ranking has been solidified in the top tier with Darnold, Rosen and Mayfield. 

My belief is that the Bills are targeting Rosen. I would be happy with that pick or any of the other top two with Allen still being a question mark.  I'm interested in your insightful thoughts although I reserve the right to disagree with you. :)

I did.  I'm probably higher on him than most folks on this board, because when he looks right, he's obscenely good.

I believe he'll be drafted in the top 5 (in fact I'm stuck on him being Cleveland's choice at No. 1 overall--for now :lol: ), and although a lot of folks will assume that coaches and GMs got suckered by his arm talent and athleticism, I don't think it's that superficial.  I think talent evaluators will see how well he plays when he's "on", and believe that they can extract that from him on a more consistent basis.  That he's got unparalleled arm talent and good athleticism will cement that opinion further.

For me, he's my QB5 behind the others, but I'd probably think long and serious about taking him in the back half of round 1 if I'm a team that has a veteran starter.