The Colts' #3 Pick is Very Much in Play - Acquired by the NYJ

8 minutes ago, Nitro said:

I live in Indy.  Local sports radio is a buzz over the possible trade with the Bills.  Here is what the locals want in return for 3rd selection:  2 firsts 2018, 2 seconds 2018, third 2018  and first in 2019.  These folks are nuts.

I'm not surprised.  It is expected. Colts' brass probably letting Bills know about Andrew Luck's value. This is the price tag for him even with his bum shoulder. Yes, Andrew Luck as I mentioned before in my previous posts. Luck hasn't even thrown a football yet (it's been over a year since he last threw one) and will not throw one until training camp. You know how horrible that sounds? That's bad news.

I agree with the absurdity for the cost for the 3rd pick though. 2 firsts 2018, 2 seconds 2018, third 2018  and first in 2019. That's way too much for an unknown. Mayfield, Lamar Jackson, Rosen, etc. I don't care. That's way too much. Will Bills Mike Ditka it? I give up all those picks up for Luck only.

With the way things are shaking out in free agency I am thinking more and more that the #3 pick is our target. 

With The Browns signing both Carlos Hyde for 3yrs $15+M ($6M year 1) and Isaiah Crowell for 3yrs, $12 M, they look to be going QB at #1 instead of Barkley.

Gettleman said if he uses pick #2, that player should have hall of fame potential. 

They seem to be all in on making a run with Eli the next few years. If Browns go QB at #1 and Barkley is sitting there at 2, the Giants might not want to even trade out of that spot. Barkley would be a huge help to Eli and seems to fit Gettleman's criteria of hall of fame potential. 

If that's what happens it would leave pick #3 as the perfect trading spot for the Bills. It'll be cheaper than trading to 1 or 2 - it may only take our two 1sts plus the Cleveland 3rd (that would equal just slightly more than the draft value chart for the #3 pick), or maybe one 2nd (instead of the 3rd), leaving Buffalo with their pick of the remaining QBs and a good amount of draft capital to still improve the team (1 or 2 2nds, 1 or 2 3rds, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th). 

Indy has a ton of holes and wasn't all that active in free agency (I believe they've only signed 1 guy so far...). Ballard has said he's a huge believer in building through the draft. 

We will see soon enough I guess... 

Just now, BillsFan4 said:

With the way things are shaking out in free agency I am thinking more and more that the #3 pick is our target. 

With The Browns signing both Carlos Hyde for 3yrs $15+M ($6M year 1) and Isaiah Crowell for 3yrs, $12 M, they look to be going QB at #1 instead of Barkley.

Gettleman said if he uses pick #2, that player should have hall of fame potential. 

They seem to be all in on making a run with Eli the next few years. If Browns go QB at #1 and Barkley is sitting there at 2, the Giants might not want to even trade out of that spot. Barkley would be a huge help to Eli and seems to fit Gettleman's criteria of hall of fame potential. 

If that's what happens it would leave pick #3 as the perfect trading spot for the Bills. It'll be cheaper than trading to 1 or 2 - it may only take our two 1sts plus the Cleveland 3rd (that would equal just slightly more than the draft value chart for the #3 pick), or maybe one 2nd (instead of the 3rd), leaving Buffalo with their pick of the remaining QBs and a good amount of draft capital to still improve the team (1 or 2 2nds, 1 or 2 3rds, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th). 

Indy has a ton of holes and wasn't all that active in free agency (I believe they've only signed 1 guy so far...). Ballard has said he's a huge believer in building through the draft. 

We will see soon enough I guess... 

It looks like the best opportunity to me.  I think the Browns have every intention of drafting Darnold at #1 with Tyrod as the bridge to him.  I can see either Barkley or Nelson to the NYG at #2.  The Colts have quite a few needs and the Bills can help them to make it a win-win for both teams.

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/13/2018 at 4:17 PM, dma0034 said:

There is no way the Bills give up all of that. 2 1sts, a 2nd and that top of the 3rd pick. 

And then the Colts should use all four of those picks on O-Line help. Not even joking

They're taking crazy pills. I'd say 2 first and a second possibly a 4th in 2019 should do it? 

2 minutes ago, Jasovon said:

The only team with more ammo to trade up than the Bills is the Browns and they are already there. If we want that 2nd pick who is going to be able to outbid us?

I just want to say I heart your profile pic so much. 

To the rest of the community, I'm sorry I wasted your space *emoji for humbled*

On 3/13/2018 at 4:15 PM, Nitro said:

I live in Indy.  Local sports radio is a buzz over the possible trade with the Bills.  Here is what the locals want in return for 3rd selection:  2 firsts 2018, 2 seconds 2018, third 2018  and first in 2019.  These folks are nuts.

Beyond insanity. With fans like that they deserve the owner they have.

On 3/13/2018 at 4:15 PM, Nitro said:

LOL

That's ~3,500 points vs ~2,200 points for a move 9 spots down the draft, when the Colts aren't going to take QB and the best players available are likely a guard and a RB.

If the Colts are sold on one of Barkley / Nelson / Chubb, they should take a move down with us and then give back some of the picks to move to ~7.

• Like (+1) 2

On March 13, 2018 at 3:15 PM, Nitro said:

That the Colts would want that much would not surprise me but I surely would not want to pay that price.  FA's and draft picks bust out so our haul as of today may not pan out the way we want it to.

On 3/13/2018 at 7:09 AM, BillsFan17 said:

Bills aren't trading up to 12 to not get one of the top picks. Unless they have someone interchangeable like the Eagles did with their choice. They apparently were okay with Goff or Wentz.

If Darnold and say Rosen or Allen go first and second. Either by the teams originally drafting there or via trade, are the Bills going to be okay taking not their #1 guy?

Meaning, Buffalo has to get to #2 at the very least. Three or four are too big of a risk.

No. Giants are looking to get Eli's replacement now. I don't think they want to trade. Pick number 3 from Colts or Browns' 4th are about right for us. That's the best we can go.

2 hours ago, QuoteTheRaven83 said:

EJ Manuel never made it to the 2nd round either so whats your point? LOL

I have no point. I often have no point. It's part of my charm ...

3 hours ago, OldTimer1960 said:

She is getting old

I'm 60, so she'll be a rock star til I die. Her and Elle MacPherson, the two women that made a deal with the Devil himself.

The Bills are so obviously trying to trade for a top QB in the draft

The Bills have a plan for 2018 — and they haven’t been entirely subtle about it this offseason. After unloading Tyrod Taylor to the Browns (so sorry, Taylor) and shipping tackle Cordy Glenn to the Bengals to move up from the 21st pick to the 12th, Buffalo is betting hard on a deep, but unpredictable class of college quarterbacks to lead the franchise into the future.

And that could be a boon for the Indianapolis Colts.