#1 WR vs 1st round QB

Pete

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

I don’t disagree with the last part but you aren’t convincing everyone that more tape is a bigger change than a new system. There is a reason that the guy was canned so quickly. His system and beliefs were bad. 

Yeah yeah, that zone scheme never works anymore.

image.thumb.png.bf9f8afef0549d30d77a4565a7b513ab.png

2 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

Yeah yeah, that zone scheme never works anymore.

image.thumb.png.bf9f8afef0549d30d77a4565a7b513ab.png

That seems pretty disingenuous when you are pointing to a guy that NEVER CALLED PLAYS BEFORE LAST YEAR!! I would have loved to have Super Bowl winning HC Gary Kubiak calling plays and running his offense. We got his homeless cousin.

Which of those offenses was Kubiak not the play caller on?

Edited by Kirby Jackson

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

That seems pretty disingenuous when you are pointing to a guy that NEVER CALLED PLAYS BEFORE LAST YEAR!! I would have loved to have Super Bowl winning HC Gary Kubiak calling plays and running his offense. We got his homeless cousin.

Which of those offenses was Kubiak not the play caller on?

Then blame the playcalls, not the system.

I remember when firing Roman was supposed to solve all our problems on offense too.  How'd that work out?

Edited by jmc12290

4 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

Then blame the playcalls, not the system.

I remember when firing Roman was supposed to solve all our problems on offense too.  How'd that work out?

I hear you and don’t disagree. Rico was a major problem and they recognized it. 

With that hat being said I strangely have a lot of confidence in Daboll. Maybe I shouldn’t but the fact that Belichick and Saban like him has me sold. I am looking forward to bringing back the power and think we will see the offense take a step forward. I don’t know if they will be good but think that they can be competent.

I have a lot of confidence in the pass defense despite the lack of pass rush. I’m hoping that the front 7 upgrades help but it will be a much different group. The Bills have a chance to be a playoff team again IMO. They should be more talented than last year.

3 hours ago, Pete said:

Would you rather have AJ Green or Andy Dalton?

Big Ben or Antonio Brown?

Matt Ryan or Julio Jones?

Odell or Eli?

Mike Evans or Winston?

Tyreek Hill or Alex Smith?

Michael Thomas or Drew Brees?

AJ Green

Big Ben (likely a FB HOF)

Close, but Matt Ryan because he seems to stay healthier however, Julio dominates games when he is on

Eli (likely a FB HOF)

Close, but Jameis Winston (only bc he is a QB and aside from last year the Bucs have been 'better' (still putrid) with Jameis)

Alex Smith (this one isn't that good as Tyreek is relatively new)

Drew Brees (who is a FB HOF)

34 minutes ago, KelsaysLunchbox said:

This game sounds like fun. I wanna play.

Would you rather have:

Andrew Luck or TY Hilton?

Aaron Rodgers or Jordy Nelson?

Matthew Stafford or Golden Tate?

Marcus Mariota or Corey Davis?

Carson Wentz or Alshon Jeffrey?

Jared Goff or Robert Woods?

Cam Newton or Devin Funchess?

Hilton(I don't trust Lucks health)

Rodgers the best QB in NFL

Stafford(but I take Megatron all day over Stafford)

Marcus

Wentz

Goff(but I take Sammy over Goff)

Funchess

40 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Laugh it up, fuzzball.

Alex Smith does nothing for me.

:)

Look love me some Tyreek Hill, he basically won me my league last year...but I'd put good money he doesn't hit his 2017 production again in his career. As uninspiring as Smith can be, you have to take an average QB with upside over a flash in the pan tweener like Hill every time IMO.

4 minutes ago, Pete said:

TY Hilton over Luck? DEVIN FUNCHESS over Newton? Good god man

5 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Look love me some Tyreek Hill, he basically won me my league last year...but I'd put good money he doesn't hit his 2017 production again in his career. As uninspiring as Smith can be, you have to take an average QB with upside over a flash in the pan tweener like Hill every time IMO.

I would take Newton over Funchess- that was mistype.  and like I stated TY over Luck due to health.  A healthy Luck over TY every time

6 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

I'll take Luck & Funchess together.

6 hours ago, Pete said:

Odell or Eli?

Mike Evans or Winston?

AJ

Roethlisberger

Ryan

Eli

Winston

Smith

Brees

I don’t disagree with a lot of the WR preference, but they are easier to replace. You can take a stab at a couple WR’s every year and build up a healthy stable. QB is a whole new deal. Sure, there are more good WR’s than QB’s, that’s kind of the point, right? QB is hard to come by, and those WR’s wouldn’t look so good without the QB. 

Imagine Mr Peterman throwing from on his back to Julio. No, I apologize, try not to do that..... :huh:

Edited by Augie

21 hours ago, Pete said:

Odell or Eli?

Mike Evans or Winston?

Good post.  Obviously, a great QB is more valuable than a great WR, not least because a QB’s career is twice as long, but the overall point is valid: other than a franchise QB, a dominant WR is the most valuable piece a team can have.  They make everyone around them better and, as D’Andre Hopkins and Josh Gordon have shown, they can produce even without an A1 QB.

Edited by mannc

20 hours ago, Pete said:

For me, I take the WR every time except Brees.  Everyone of those wideouts can take the top off the defense(except MT) and 6 of those will win 50/50 balls.  The Bills offense lacked both last season.  Give Tyrod a true #1 and our offense would be much better

Well most of these I'm taking the QB. As for Tyrod, I'll grant you that he DID look competent when GR finally decided to make him target Sammy for around half a season. They practically had to twist his left nut off to make him do it, though. Tyrods natural inclination is to NOT throw the football. Time to move on from Taylor.