FA DE Owa Odighizuwa working out for Bills (update:Signed)

On 3/7/2018 at 9:00 PM, YoloinOhio said:

Kind of a bust for the Giants, but worth looking at as a reclamation project 

Their entire team has been a mess, though.

18 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Cool.  It just seems like guys with ridiculous names don't pan out.  I'm ok with this guy because it has some flare and he'd be cheap.  Vita Vea no way!

Blake Bortles and Blaine Gabbert were predictable flops based on their monikers.  How many guys named Shawn without an h have excelled as players for example?  These guys are at a disadvantage.

It's the NFL. Almost ALL of them have crazy names.

2 hours ago, LittleJoeCartwright said:

Eh! The best of the comp picks are after the third round.  We're talking about my be the 100th player.  How many of them contribute?  At least the comp picks are now tradable.

It's another player, it matters not what round he's in, it's another chance to hit on a player, the more players you draft the better chance of one or more making an impact on your roster, it's also a cheap contract for 4 years plus the option year.

8 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

That's why they have been stacking draft chips at the expense of not drafting a QB last spring and then trading their 23 year old star WR and their troubled but impactful run stuffing DT.

Is that the same star WR that his second team is allowing to go to free agency and effectively throwing away a 2nd round pick?   

Maybe there's more to the picture?

DXzOZLmWkAEkfhK.jpg

Buffalo Bills: The curious signing of Owa Odighizuwa

by Mike Distefano 8 hours ago buffalowdown.com

With the PED ban looming, Odighizuwa was not an attractive option to teams who were prowling the waiver wire last August, costing him the entire season.

His scouting report suggests he’s more of a run defender than a pass rusher. And if he’s going to make this team he will need to prove he’s capable of playing special teams. His combination of strength and speed would argue he is. But is his mental makeup going to allow him to perform?

Or perhaps the plan is to deploy him as situational lineman against the run. This could allow Sean McDermott to keep Lawson or Hughes fresh for pass rushing scenarios.

Either way, Odighizuwa is not guaranteed a spot on the 53-man roster. He’ll need to compete.

But competition brings out the best in people. Buffalo’s track record of signing players to short-term “prove it” deals has been successful lately (Lorenzo Alexander and Jordan Poyer), and the Bills hope to add Odighizuwa to that list.

23 hours ago, LEBills said:

Definitely agree. Did you know that we didn’t draft a DLineman in ANY round in the 2012, 2013, 2014 or 2015 draft? Just crazy - especially when you look at the QBs, RBs and CBs we took in that timeframe - and it has caught up to us.

I had no idea. Talk about a drought.

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Odds are that since he is no longer juicing his prototypical body and movement skills will start to resemble mine.

I would have been far more affordable.